Party City

Average Difficulty
84 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Party City in September 2012.

Interview Details I went in and filled out an application. They called me a week or so later, and set up an interview for the following day. I came in early, the assistant manager asked me a few basic questions. Was told to come in the next day to talk to the manager, he told me to come in the next day to start training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Kissimmee, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Party City in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied online on their website and got a call back about three or four weeks after.When the manager called back we set a date and time for the actual interview and, and when i went i showed up maybe a few minutes early, which was a big pointer for her, and the interview lasted only about 5 minutes tops. I was nervous in the beginning but she was kind and helpful knowing it was my first interview.

Interview Question – none, the manager pretty much guided me through the whole interview, they were all basic and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details The general manager called me in to do an interview and when I got there he greeted me at the door and took me to the back. He started with the basic questions that where on the application then started getting into the more complex things. He told me he had two more interviews to do and that he would call me. By that night he called me offering me the position and I went in the next day for paper work and training.

Interview Question – What's your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details Phone interview with HR. The next step was an interview with the DM. He called about an hour later to interview with the Regional and Regional HR managers who happened to be in town visiting stores.

Interview Question – Behavioral based questions about past experiences to determine your reaction to pressure situations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not one offer was what I requested.

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details The process seemed similar to other companies; a telephone interview with recruiter, then personal interview with DM and then phone interview with RM, background check process. The DM interview was good and detailed, including a walk of the sales floor together.

Interview Question – The most difficult for me was when asked about my weaknesses. It's always hard to define weaknesses in an interview.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Manager Interview

Executive Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details You will need to be engrained in customer service. You will need to know what planograms are. You will need to know how to handle difficult situations.The last interview is done using a podcast on your computer.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiation possible.

Hurst, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Party City in June 2011.

Interview Details The first manager I worked under was Chris. He was quick with the interview due to it being busy when I arrived, but he asked me great questions that I knew would benefit him in hiring me. I knew how to upsell and have wonderful customer service. I learned within just that interview what he was looking for. I grew to be have perfect customer service skills/

Interview Question – None unless you count that the first time I heard the term "upsell" was during this interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations necessary aside from only being able to work afternoons and he started me at $8.00/hour

Seasonal Halloween Expert Interview

Seasonal Halloween Expert
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details applied online,got a phone call three days later.interview with one of the managers was easy and relaxed.spoke about school,availability,experience.received a call two days later to come in a sign paper work.it was a seasonal job so they were basically looking for extra help for Halloween.

Interview Question – none.mostly questions about availability and experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details they call u in for interview process tell company rules regulation offer you the job then u do a 3 day training for 4 hours then they put u on a regular schedule u also take these test on the computer of what u learned over the 3 day training process

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Party City in October 2013.

Interview Details Really basic, "Why do you want to work here?" "When are you available?" questions. With the seasonal stuff, I assume if they call, you've already got the job and they're just ironing out the details of when you're available and stuff.

Interview Question – I think they asked what my weaknesses were but it's been a while so I'm not too terribly sure anymore   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a part time seasonal sales associate position. There's not a lot to negotiate.

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!