Panera Bread

Updated 24 Feb, 2015
Updated 24 Feb, 2015

2.0

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in January 2015.

I applied online and within one day I received a call back from the General Manager who wanted to schedule an interview the next day or three days later. I chose the latter. The interview was held in a conference room with a lounge are, not the cafe. I arrived on time and the GM was with two other people and apologized for the mess on the table. My initial impression was that the GM was very friendly and this impression was maintained throughout the interview. I was seated in the lounge across from the GM and was asked general and basic questions to demonstrate who I am, if i am sociable, how my friends would describe me, what I knew about the company, why I wanted to work for them, my level of customer service experience, my ability to work in a team and fast paced environment and my one strength and weakness.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. The questions were simple to answer. I found that the more I spoke, the less questions I was asked because the GM said I had already answered the questions she was going to ask me.   Answer Question
    I was offered the position on the spot and was asked by the GM who interviewed me if I was all right being paid the wage that was mentioned. I said I was and the GM said that I deserved a higher wage and raised it.

Associate Interview

Just some simple questions about working with other team members or customer services.

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I had a friend that worked there that referred me to a part-time opening. I had an interview scheduled, but the manager was busy (I guess it was a busy lunch rush or something) and had me wait a good 30 mins before our interview finally got under way. We sat on some bar stools at the front of the store, and discussed my resume, experience why I wanted to work there, and my hours and availability. Very basic general stuff. I think they were desperate for people, and because my friend referred me and insisted they hire me, I was pretty much set.

Interview Questions
    • Should I be worried that you will be working with your friend?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They called, offered me a job, and I accepted. Started ASAP.

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Well I began the process by applying online. After a few days I called the store to follow- up, the manger on duty then set up an interview date. Two weeks after the interview I got a call back, for a second interview with the GM. It was there that I was notified I got the job.

Baker-Cafe Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Applied online and called the next day to ensure they had received my application, I was then asked to come in that evening for an interview. I arrived 10 min early but had to wait because they were interviewing several people before me. After being interviewed by a manager I was told that I would be interviewed by a second manager who hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about Panera?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had a positive experience as a customer (at any restaurant) and describe a time you had a negative experience (at any restaurant).   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you dealt win a sudden stressful situation (ex. pop quiz etc.).   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in a restaurant when you are looking to go out to eat?   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in a workplace?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Panera Bread.

3 interviews
    One withe recruiter
    One with director of operations
    Final with the owner of the franchise
    It all happened in about a month's time. I was relocating to a different state

Interview Questions
    • Basic restaurant questions
      Inventory
      Employee conflict etc

View Answer
    Called and offered me the job. I accepted the offer because it was what I expected the salary to be

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2015.

I applied online.
    The manager called to set up an interview. She was really nice and friendly, asking questions much simpler than I had anticipated. This was only the second interview I've ever had, so there were a few rough spots, but she was understanding of these awkward moments. It was quick and painless. I just got it done today, so I am in the process of waiting for a reply, but I would definitely recommend it to fellow job seekers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Panera?
      How would your friends describe you and why?
      What is your best trait?
      What are you most excited about working at Panera? Least?
      What are some group activities you've been involved in?
      What is the hardest customer you've had to deal with?
      What do you expect as a customer from a cashier?

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in February 2015.

I applied online and a week later I got a call to set up an interview for the next day. I showed up about 10 minutes early, they offered me a cup, I declined and then had a seat at the table they told me to wait at. I waited about 10 minutes and the Assistant Manager came over to interview me. They're not allowed to ask your age (all they know is that you're over 16) but she asked anyways and with no problem, I answered honestly. She started off with "Tell me about yourself." Every little thing I could tell her about myself, I did. Reading, Sculpting, etc. (which stirred up a great conversation) She then asked about my past work experience, education history, and plans for the future. After that, the pen exploded and ink got on her so she excused herself and went to the back of the store. When she came back, she offered me the position on spot. (took me by surprise since she didn't ask many questions) I learned that experience is a big thing. I was a supervisor & trainer at my last job applying for a cashier position here and she was glad to hear that so anything good you can say about yourself, make sure you include it in the interview! Also, they like really bubbly people so keep a smile, good posture & you're almost guaranteed a job.

Day Baker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

applied online, got called for a call and had an informal interview, then was set up with an in person interview, was hired on the spot (though I was told that doesn't happen often)

Interview Questions
    • if I would be willing to drive at most 30 minutes to get to work   Answer Question
    none

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Applied online and received a phonecall less than 24 hours later. Interview was very fast and cordial; manager was extremely nice; offered a job on the spot. We discussed availability and manager was very understanding of my strict schedule. Very good experience, though I might just be lucky. Looking forward to working there (training in 2wks)

Interview Questions
    • What did you dislike about your last job?   View Answer
    Negotiated schedule; did not discuss wages