Panera Bread

Updated 4 Dec, 2014
Updated 4 Dec, 2014

2.0

Associate Interview

Just some simple questions about working with other team members or customer services.

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I had a friend that worked there that referred me to a part-time opening. I had an interview scheduled, but the manager was busy (I guess it was a busy lunch rush or something) and had me wait a good 30 mins before our interview finally got under way. We sat on some bar stools at the front of the store, and discussed my resume, experience why I wanted to work there, and my hours and availability. Very basic general stuff. I think they were desperate for people, and because my friend referred me and insisted they hire me, I was pretty much set.

Interview Questions
    • Should I be worried that you will be working with your friend?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They called, offered me a job, and I accepted. Started ASAP.

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

The interview questions were really basic and easy, nothing hard in my opinion ( very first interview). The only problem was the assistant manager wasn't very focused, she got up during the interview abruptly about 3 times. Besides that, I Got asked to come to a second interview with the general manager.

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

I applied online, got an interview with a week. The process was pretty easy, it was my first job in food service. The manager who interviewed me was very calm and actually listened to my answers. He emphasized how important it was to make the customer happy and to follow the rules and to use the tools you gained through your training to be great t your job.

Panera Bread Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Panera Bread.

I submitted an application online and received a phone call within a week. I talked with one of the assistant managers there and they planned to schedule two interviews, one with an assistant manager and another with the head manager. I went in for my first interview and found out that the assistant manager wasn't there and that I would just have my first interview with the head manager. We had a brief discussion, maybe 20 minutes, about my past experience, my goals in life, why I wanted to work at Panera and why I wanted to work in the customer service domain, among other things. Nothing out of the ordinary. Honestly, if you are dressed nicely that will probably be half of it. They aren't looking for past experience, just character.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation here, they gave me a flat hourly salary at the end of my interview and I had no chance to bargain.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Easy interview process. Told I was cute and that I would look in the front. Quick and friendly interview with a manager. Not an intimidating interview at all.

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread.

it was a tiresome process (at least for me) they kept on having me come back because they forgot something or another and couldnt move forward on my interview. either they were missing materials or the interviewer wasnt present that day, or they schedualed me wrong.

i kept going back because i really needed a job. i got it, and the whole process afterwards got a lot better. still could be better.

Interview Questions
    • general questions. why do you want to work here? tell me about yourself. etc.   View Answer
    didn't really negotiation anything.

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Will I submitted an aplication in person and then they told me to call there genaral manger but i thought it was the employer tring to get the employ hmmm

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread in November 2014.

I applied online, with full availability. I received a phone call early the next morning from a manager, who asked to schedule an interview with me later that day. I dressed business casual, and brought an extra copy of my resume. The interview lasted around 30 minutes, mostly because I found myself talking a lot :P At the end of the interview, she asked if I had any questions for her, to which I asked about the response time. She said typically a week or so, but then she thought for a second, excused herself and went to talk with someone in the back of the cafe. When she returned, she informed me that I was invited to a second interview the next morning, with the GM.

The second interview was fairly similar to the first one, she asked some of the same questions, as well as some new ones. This interview lasted around 20 minutes. At the end, she told me that she would call me the next morning so as to let me know about her decision.

A few hours later, I received an unexpected, yet very pleasant phone call from the GM letting me know that I was offered the job!

Specialist, Corporate Headquarters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread in November 2014.

I applied on the Panera website, but was never initially contacted to interview. I followed up with the recruiter nearly three weeks after applying as I saw the job was still open and I had every single qualification.

I received a call the next day (Friday) but was unable to speak at the time. I was called again first thing on Monday morning, but I couldn't get away from my desk and I e-mailed the recruiter back asking if we could speak that afternoon. When speaking with her, she stated that they were really impressed with my qualifications, and that they were moments from making an offer to someone else, but were afraid I would be out of their hiring range. We discussed a range, and I thought it was low, but appropriate, so I agreed to move forward if they were interested.

I followed up with the recruiter the next day (Tuesday) and she let me know that they would like to interview the following day (Wednesday).

I met with the team, one person at a time. Unfortunately, several of them asked me only one or two small questions and instead talked more about themselves and where they came from before Panera. I wasn't able to discuss my qualifications or experience to showcase my talents.

I believe that I lost the offer based on a few things I had said in the interview that did not reflect well on myself, but the interview was more of a showcase of the department. Only one of the people asked me any real questions, and by then I wasn't ready for it.

Interview Questions
    • As stated above, I wasn't exactly asked many questions and had to try to interject where I could.   Answer Question