Panera Bread Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
392 interviews

2.0

Associate Interview

Just some simple questions about working with other team members or customer services.

Hourly Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I had a friend that worked there that referred me to a part-time opening. I had an interview scheduled, but the manager was busy (I guess it was a busy lunch rush or something) and had me wait a good 30 mins before our interview finally got under way. We sat on some bar stools at the front of the store, and discussed my resume, experience why I wanted to work there, and my hours and availability. Very basic general stuff. I think they were desperate for people, and because my friend referred me and insisted they hire me, I was pretty much set.

Interview Questions
    • Should I be worried that you will be working with your friend?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They called, offered me a job, and I accepted. Started ASAP.

Hourly Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2010.

It went by really fast. I got the job on the spot. I met with both mangers all in one day. They were really relaxed during the interview there wasn't much to say.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2014.

I applied for this position with the online application. Approximately three day later someone called me for an interview. Everyone was very nice and friendly and I feel that it went well. They asked me to come win the next day for an interview for catering. The second interview was very informative. I got an opportunity to job shadow a catering coordinator to see if I would like it.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation... They offered me an associate position for $8.00/hr and I accepted.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tacoma, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Took two or three weeks. Got a phone call and scheduled an interview. Was offered a free drink and sat down with the shift manager. She was friendly, gave a run down of the store and what position they were looking for. First she asked about my schedule, then moved on to pretty basic interview questions. Was told they'd call back to schedule a second interview.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

I got called in for a group interview with 6 other people and it lasted about 20 minutes. It was very unprofessional and uncomfortable. I got a second call a few days later for a one on one interview with the general manager and was told I would hear back in a few days. I never got a call.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Williamsburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA (US)

The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Panera Bread in May 2014.

Sent my Resume to the district Manager received an a initial integer view which went well, I was offered the position but declined it because they dragged out the paper work.

Interview Questions

They dragged out the paper work process and the training.

Cashier/Barista Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I loved working at Panera but the only down side to me was closing and having an immature manager. Once you fill the application out online, I had called up there and one manager contacted me the beginning of the next week. The interview process was relatively simple, just smile and answer questions honestly which just pertain to work experience and why you feel your a good fit to deliver 'Panera Warmth'.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with irate, irrational customers?   Answer Question
    • What should you do if you witness another associate or even a manager stealing.?   Answer Question
    You start at $8.00 an hour but after 6 months you get a raise and if you become a trainer you get an additional raise, so there is definitely room for growth at Panera Bread.

Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Had one interview a few days after applying. I was interviewed by the manager and hired on the spot. The interviewer was very nice and professional. After I was hired there was an orientation where they just showed me around the store and did paperwork.

Interview Questions
    Make sure you know that they don't give you the position you interviewed for. You have to start by working in the food preparation.

Associate North Druid Hills (Atlanta) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  North Druid Hills, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in North Druid Hills, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2012.

I applied online, and was called two days later for a interview. I arrived 10 minutes early, and was told that it would be just a moment. I sat down, and waited over 30 minutes before the interviewer approached me, and stated that he was doing some paper work and would be with me in a moment. Finally someone else approached me (different person) and interviewed me for 6 minutes. She didn't say goodbye and I wasn't able to ask questions since she turned and started speaking to someone else. She seemed as if she didn't want to be there and was bothered that she had to interview me.

Interview Questions

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!