Panera Bread Interview Questions

Updated 28 Sep, 2014
Updated 28 Sep, 2014

2.0

Associate Interview

Just some simple questions about working with other team members or customer services.

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I had a friend that worked there that referred me to a part-time opening. I had an interview scheduled, but the manager was busy (I guess it was a busy lunch rush or something) and had me wait a good 30 mins before our interview finally got under way. We sat on some bar stools at the front of the store, and discussed my resume, experience why I wanted to work there, and my hours and availability. Very basic general stuff. I think they were desperate for people, and because my friend referred me and insisted they hire me, I was pretty much set.

Interview Questions
    • Should I be worried that you will be working with your friend?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They called, offered me a job, and I accepted. Started ASAP.

Night Baker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

1st interview with Bakery Market manager was really easy. She pretty much just explained to me what the job would entail, so I knew at that point I pretty much had the job. I did have to do a 2nd interview with the store gm which was more difficult. He asked me the typical customer service questions.I it wasn't too stressful because as long as your answers aren't horrible they won't judge you too much on how you answer those questions because you'll be working in the back.

Associate Interview

What did I expect from this job?, Why do you want to work at Panera?, Tell us more about where you see yourself in 6 Months? Many other basic questions about why did you choose Panera.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very hard. But have an answer ready.   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Kevin Cool was very personal there wasn't an awkward or tension filled. But more relaxed. Very great experience. Most laid back interview I've experienced. Talked about football and personal goals along with educational

Interview Questions
    Based on education and employment background.

Prep/Production Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Filed a resume online and they called me in a matter of two days. Had first interview with a district manager, then a second with a general manager and was offered a job right then.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions at the interviews. They basically asked me about myself and what my restaurant experience was.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I was looking for a job, and I happened to mention it to one of the cashiers who asked what I was up to that day, she immediately grabbed a manager, who sat down and discussed my background and previous experience. I was strongly encouraged to submit an application. I submitted the application --which consists of the typical application related questions, as well as a personality fit assessment. I followed up about four days later and was brought in for my first interview. The interview lasted about ten minutes, and the interviewer seemed really positive, scheduling my second interview for the following morning. I went in for the second interview, I spoke with an even higher level manager, the interview lasted about a minute before he offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Questions held an unexpectedly personal nature -- Questions about non work related hobbies, personality traits, and other personal information   Answer Question
    If you've got some experience, push the pay scale range a little bit above what you want, (and think you actually deserve) and negotiate a lower deal, hopefully more than your minimum.

Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I Applied In August & Received 2 Phone Calls From 2 Different Restaurants For An Interview. One In August & The Other In September. I Was Asked The Usual Questions , The Managers Were Very Friendly People. I Did Both Interviews & Was Asked To Come Back For Training The Following Day. But I Have Not Decided If I Would Like To WorkThere Instead Of Chipotle.

Line Cook Interview

In order to get hired you have to show initiative. Get the number to the store and make sure to know the names of the Assistant manager and general manger. They have to go through a lot of applications so it helps if you make yourself known. When you go to the interview be prepared to go through two interviews with the assistant and general manager. They will ask for any restaurant experience but no matter what experience you have equate it to what they do.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a tattoo? Regardless of how much experience you bring to the table if your tattoo would be visible they will refuse to hire you. Be honest that you have them because it depends on the location. But I didn't expect it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Was called into an interview, lasted about 30 minutes.Dress attire was business casual. It was a pretty straight forward interview. More of a conversation style interview I would say. We talked about my past jobs and education, as well as why I chose Panera, The interview was very easy going overall.

Interview Questions

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!