Panera Bread

Getting the Interview

322 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Panera Bread

Interview Details Just some simple questions about working with other team members or customer services.

Hourly Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details I had a friend that worked there that referred me to a part-time opening. I had an interview scheduled, but the manager was busy (I guess it was a busy lunch rush or something) and had me wait a good 30 mins before our interview finally got under way. We sat on some bar stools at the front of the store, and discussed my resume, experience why I wanted to work there, and my hours and availability. Very basic general stuff. I think they were desperate for people, and because my friend referred me and insisted they hire me, I was pretty much set.

Interview Question – Should I be worried that you will be working with your friend?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They called, offered me a job, and I accepted. Started ASAP.

Cashier Interview

Dublin, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in January 2014.

Interview Details It was fine. Not the best.

Interview Question – They kept asking how old I was. It was kind of insulting after repeatedly telling them.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details The interview was not very good. The hiring manager asked questions in a condescending way and did not seem very invested in the interview.

Interview Question – He asked me how much I expected to make. At a minimum-wage job you expect to get minimum wage.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Training Specialist Interview

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2010.

Interview Details Multiple interviews, one over the phone, and two in person.

Very Easy Interview

Mequon, WI (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2013.

Interview Details One interview, hired on spot

Interview Question – None, normal questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Right there, asking me to quit my other job

Panini & Food Line Worker Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details I applied online and it was a very long application. I was contacted within the following week to set up an interview. I was interviews by two managers and the general manager on two occasions. It was easy and they asked basic questions.

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista/Dishwasher Interview

Ankeny, IA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details I applied online and heard back from them a few weeks later. There was a two part interview. The first was a short 20-minute behavioral interview with a manager. They called and asked me to return two days later. The second was a half hour interview with the highest manager at that location.

Interview Question – Can you describe a time where you overcame a difficult situation? How did you do it?   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview Details It's 3 intensive interviews.

Interview Question – They ask a lot of scenario questions.   Answer Question

Cashier/Trainer Interview

Interviewed at Panera Bread

Interview Details There were two interviews, by the end of the first they made it seem as though the second interview was just a formality. It was not very formal, after the second interview I was shown around the back.

Interview Question – When was a time you faced a conflict with a team member, and how was this conflict resolved?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They laid all the information out, there wasn't room for negotiation as far as salary goes. They asked when I could work.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Panera Bread

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Panera Bread Videos

Panera Bread – Why Work for Us?

We are bakers of bread. We are fresh from the oven. We are a symbol of warmth and welcome. We are a simple pleasure, honest and genuine. We are a life story told over dinner. We are a long lunch with an old friend. We… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread interview questions and advice. All 322 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees and interview candidates.