Panera Bread General Manager Interview Questions

Updated 9 Aug, 2014

2.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in May 2014.

I responded to an online ad and was contact by the "Director of Operations" for an interview. We agreed to a date and time, but the day before I was sent an email changing the location. When I arrived at the new location, the person who had contacted me wasn't there. I interviewed with the General Manager of that location, who basically told me what I could expect, as if I had the job already. He didn't give me a lot of opportunity to speak. He told me the next steps in the process as well as a lot of details about working the actual job that were not necessary to the process, such as when the owner comes around you have to work even if it's your day off, etc. I was told I would be contacted about the next steps, but no one contacted me, even after I sent a thank you email to the "D of O."

Interview Questions
  • Hardly any questions related to my actual past performance or management theory type questions were asked.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vestal, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestal, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2011.

It was pretty informal, all in all they were both nice and asked very upfront questions.

Interview Questions
    I stated my requirements and they said that I was pretty much right in the range.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in August 2010.

Was called the morning after I submitted my resume online to schedule an interview. Showed up about 10 minutes early, but had to wait almost 40 before the interviewer (HR rep) was ready. When we sat down he asked me a few "get to know you" questions about my interests and experience. He spent the next half hour talking to me about nothing but music and movies and did not ask any questions about my employment history. When I asked details about the position - what a typical day is like, where the location specifically would be (was for a new location opening), the expected average sales volume - he was unable to answer a single one of my questions.

Three weeks later I received a rejection letter by mail. I didn't feel the interview was very fair as it did not touch on any aspect of employment there or any of my employment experience. Extremely disappointed as most employees seemed happy to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    • How do you know your employees always do their job properly.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in April 2010.

HR phone screening, 2 sit down interviews and Online tests

was able to negotiate 3,000 more

General Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2010.

I had 2 interviews. The 1 st one with a GM 2nd with a DM nothing to in depth with either one. Both were exceptional fellas. They were both very positive about the position I was applying for. Both seemed to be quite happy with their current states.

Interview Questions
    They were able to get me close to what I needed.

General Manager Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2010.

Lots great conversation during interview process, and very positive. There were 3 interviews, and I was told I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to keep your people engaged?   View Answer

The pay was lower than normal for the amount of hours and travel

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!