Panera Bread Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014

1.8

67 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gainesville, FL (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2014.

I applied for the job two weeks before getting the call for the interview. I really enjoyed the interview, the managers were nice, and seemed really excited to have me there. They even offered me the job and told me that they would call me to let me know when orientation is.

Interview Questions
I'm still working on it.

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2013.

Applied online which took about an hour to complete. After waiting about a week i received a call for an interview. Very casual. As soon as i told the worker i was there for an interview the manager greeted me nicely and offered a drink. I sat down with 1 of the 4 managers and it was around 92 degrees that day so it was uncomfortable being hot and nervous. Questions were very simple almost identical to a couple of the questions from online. The usual customer service questions. I was intimidated being that this was my first real job but the manager made me feel at home and we joked and so on. He told me to come in the very next day for an interview with the general manager. The second interview surprised me a little because i realized that anyone who made it past the first initial interview got the job. She basically went over everything from the first interview and maybe one or two additional questions. She had this folder in front of her and pulled out some papers and then started discussing pay rate, work apparel and any additional information that i had to be brought up on which amazed me at first because i was unaware that i just landed my first job. All in all it was a very friendly experience and i wish other interviews could go the same way. I don't work there anymore but we used to joke about all the time that the real reason she hired me was because i wore a pink polo which represents confidence in a man. Just a tip lol.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for panera?
      Tell me a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.
        Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2014.

I Applied online and received a call the next day.Two days later went in for an interview and was offered a drink.The interview was relaxed and laid back.I got hired on the spot.

Offered $8/hr

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2014.

I got called in for an interview for a Panera Bread that was opening up near my home. When I got to the interview, 15 minutes early, the man who interviewed me was plain terrible. For starters, he didn't bother to get up to greet me, just called me over. And he didn't look ME in the eyes, despite the fact that I was looking at him the entire interview. He also rested his head on his hand and stared at his laptop for pretty much the entire interview. And to top it all off, he didn't tell me anything about the business, the position, or even where the store was being built because he hadn't bothered to find out. I got offered a position, and I turned it down. I wasn't at all impressed with this company based on how I was treated at the interview.

Interview Questions
    • "How do cashiers go above and beyond"
      I answered this question with the basics, plus added some things that I thought of quickly, and the man wasn't impressed, instead kept asking over and over that same question until I told him that I can't think of anything else to add.
        Answer Question

I was treated very poorly and was very unimpressed.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ames, IA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in July 2014.

The manager was super rude. He definitely didn't care at all, I had an interview, and he wasn't nice at all. He never smiled, or anything. Never will I probably go back again.

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in April 2011.

Spoke to the general manager of the store and then once hired, I started the training process which took a couple weeks. He asked me very general questions about school, other jobs I've had, and my future goals.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread.

It went really well; the general manager took my interview and he said he would like to see me working there in the future. I was supposed to get a follow up call for the second interview but didn't. I called back a few days later and left a message, to see when I was supposed to come in next, but they did not reply back to my message.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2013.

Went in to speak with manager, set up a time for the next day to talk. Next day I showed up, and chatted with the manager. It took 20 minutes tops. He asked me about customer service experience, what I like about customer service, and some personal questions (what were my future plans, what did I like doing in my spare time). Very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What suggestion do you have to improve customer experience?   View Answer

I accepted another job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in January 2014.

It was fine. Not the best.

Interview Questions
    • They kept asking how old I was. It was kind of insulting after repeatedly telling them.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Branson, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branson, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in March 2012.

The person interviewing me did not ask me any questions about my experience or availability.

Interview Questions

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!