Panera Bread Cashier Interview Questions

Updated 11 Mar, 2015
Updated 11 Mar, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Hartford, CT (US)).

Interview

The Panera interview took place in person in the restaurant. The manager was very friendly as was the staff I met that day. I ultimately did not get the job because I was leaving to return to school.

Interview Questions

• Why I waned to work at Panera? What sets Panera apart? My strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Panera Bread

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I went into Panera bread while others were being interviewed in the lobby. A woman met me in the eating area and sat with me and asked questions and got to know me.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Panera Bread in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got a call to set up an interview for the next day. I showed up about 10 minutes early, they offered me a cup, I declined and then had a seat at the table they told me to wait at. I waited about 10 minutes and the Assistant Manager came over to interview me. They're not allowed to ask your age (all they know is that you're over 16) but she asked anyways and with no problem, I answered honestly. She started off with "Tell me about yourself." Every little thing I could tell her about myself, I did. Reading, Sculpting, etc. (which stirred up a great conversation) She then asked about my past work experience, education history, and plans for the future. After that, the pen exploded and ink got on her so she excused herself and went to the back of the store. When she came back, she offered me the position on spot. (took me by surprise since she didn't ask many questions) I learned that experience is a big thing. I was a supervisor & trainer at my last job applying for a cashier position here and she was glad to hear that so anything good you can say about yourself, make sure you include it in the interview! Also, they like really bubbly people so keep a smile, good posture & you're almost guaranteed a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What position do you prefer?   1 Answer
    • What are your plans for the future?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Panera Bread in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online.
    The manager called to set up an interview. She was really nice and friendly, asking questions much simpler than I had anticipated. This was only the second interview I've ever had, so there were a few rough spots, but she was understanding of these awkward moments. It was quick and painless. I just got it done today, so I am in the process of waiting for a reply, but I would definitely recommend it to fellow job seekers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Panera?
      How would your friends describe you and why?
      What is your best trait?
      What are you most excited about working at Panera? Least?
      What are some group activities you've been involved in?
      What is the hardest customer you've had to deal with?
      What do you expect as a customer from a cashier?

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

Applied online and received a phonecall less than 24 hours later. Interview was very fast and cordial; manager was extremely nice; offered a job on the spot. We discussed availability and manager was very understanding of my strict schedule. Very good experience, though I might just be lucky. Looking forward to working there (training in 2wks)

Interview Questions

• What did you dislike about your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated schedule; did not discuss wages

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I went inside to check on my application status and a man came over to ask me some questions. He asked me if I had any previous experience and since it was my first job I had no experience. He asked how my memorization was and how I was with strangers. I answered that I was excellent with both.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe by worst qualities. I felt uncomfortable being asked that but I answered honestly.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Interview wasn't too lengthy, was pretty much like your normal interview. They some general questions such as tell me about yourself and why do you want to work for the company. They also asked a lot of situational questions in regards to how you would act in certain situations that you may encounter. Overall a pretty easy and typical interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread.

Interview

I came in early around 9. The General Manager was busy working on the outside. So a cashier went to go get him. He came up to me, and shook my hand and asked if I wanted coffee. We sat down and I got hired after he asked three questions. He's a really nice guy. And I had a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle rude customers?   1 Answer
    • How is this job similar to your other jobs? And what did you like about it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. He offered me more money than I intended on getting.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Panera Bread (Basking Ridge, NJ (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Asked a about previous work experience , your availability (meaning must be totally open) , what your idea of customer service , are you good at reading customers and diffusing dissatisfaction, you"re also asked if you can oen at 5:30 am and close at 11:30 pm

Interview Questions

• why should I hire you versus any other candidate for this job ?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Panera Bread (Charlottesville, VA (US)).

Interview

I was looking for a job, and I happened to mention it to one of the cashiers who asked what I was up to that day, she immediately grabbed a manager, who sat down and discussed my background and previous experience. I was strongly encouraged to submit an application. I submitted the application --which consists of the typical application related questions, as well as a personality fit assessment. I followed up about four days later and was brought in for my first interview. The interview lasted about ten minutes, and the interviewer seemed really positive, scheduling my second interview for the following morning. I went in for the second interview, I spoke with an even higher level manager, the interview lasted about a minute before he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions held an unexpectedly personal nature -- Questions about non work related hobbies, personality traits, and other personal information   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you've got some experience, push the pay scale range a little bit above what you want, (and think you actually deserve) and negotiate a lower deal, hopefully more than your minimum.