PNC Financial Services Group Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

42 interviews

2.5

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2014.

Group interview with many managers watching you. It will feel like the show shark tank. So prepare not to make a fool of yourself. You will be asked five questions and you will watch a pnc video.

Interview Questions
  • Easy interview. Sit far away from the recruiter. This will allow more time and you can listen to everyone else bomb out.   Answer Question
A little bit of wiggle room.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Phone interview asking about experience, then met with Branch Manager

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Dundee, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Dundee, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

initial phone interview, followed by an assessment then a face to face interview, sometimes followed by a second face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and you overcame it?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Filled out the application online, and received a phone call from the local "recruiter". Short phone interview with simple questions such as: "Why do you want to work for PNC", "Have you ever had to up-sale with clients". This led to a face-to-face interview with the bank manager and head teller at the branch I applied for. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of sales, team and leadership questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had a project, and it didn't end well? Or you didn't finish it on time?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Great Hiring and Interview process they involve everyone needed.

Not stressful or hard they were very firm!!

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

HR rep calls you and does a quick phone interview then sets you up with the Branch manager for a formal interview at the branch you will be working.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time you ever went out of your way to help a customer? When? What did you do?   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate hourly wage

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2012.

The phone interview ran for about 10-15 minutes. We reviewed the job description and then compared it with my resume. My Interview process is tomorrow at 6pm. It is a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when they asked for my hardest decision with my last job.   View Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomfield Hills, MI (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2013.

Did an online app. Was emailed less than a week later to set up a telephone interview. The recruiter mainly told me the starting pay and asked why I wanted to leave my current job. He sent me a link for an assessment. After I finished that I was sent a link for an application. A few days later I got a call to set up another phone interview. That interview was questions about my strengths, qualities, etc. I was contacted by phone again to set up an in person interview. I completed that. The interviewers were very informative. Was sent an email the following week notifying me I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for our bank versus other banks?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Whitehouse, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehouse, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2012.

I had a phone interview first with questions about my previous experiences. They wanted to know what I did at my previous jobs and why I left. Next I was setup for an in person interview with the Branch Manager and Teller Supervisor. The interview was over an hour but it was a very positive experience. The Branch Manager had a lot of questions about my sales and customer service experience. They explained the process of becoming a teller and what the job includes. The Teller Supervisor asked me questions about my cash handling experience.

Interview Questions
    • I think the phone interview was more difficult because they asked those same questions of explain a customer service issue and how you dealt with it. It's hard when you are on the spot to remember details and quickly explain it.   Answer Question
    They called and offered me the position

Teller Interview

The interview was quite simple, and you are contacted after filling out an online application. When you walk in the branch, everyone is dressed professionally and you immediately sense that these are very genuine people. The interview was brief, just going over the resume information. They want to get a feel for how well you will fit in, because the company is made of very close knit groups of employees.

Interview Questions
    • We're looking for a real firecracker to keep the atmosphere in the office booming, are you a good fit?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase for this job; all salaries are on a tiered system.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!