PNC Financial Services Group

Updated 17 Nov, 2014

2.7

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

in the first interview, they explain a lot about their company, and ask few question, than they told you to wait for second interview

RiskProgram Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Initial on campus interview with pre interview networking event the previous night. 45 minutes and classical behavioral questions. very casual and conversational. Received invite to super day 1 week later. Super day took place 2 weeks after the initial interview with 90 other risk candidates across the US. It consisted of 3 25 minute interviews with different risk group professionals varying from technical to behavioral and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the mid term elections and how it could impact banking policies   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Three phases of interviews. Several weeks apart, so there is time prepare and come up with responses to every possible question. Questions were difficult. Be prepared to provide examples and analysis of your work. Every detail you provide to the interviewer is important. It is very important to be clear and concise in your responses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you faced a challenging evaluation. How effectively were you able to deal with the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

1. Applied online to local branches.
    2. Received email to schedule a phone interview (5-10 minutes).
    3. Initial phone interview was more like a screening. On the same day received a second phone interview with situational questions (tell me about a time when...).
    After phone interview, and since things went well I was scheduled an interview with a branch manager (Sometimes a group interview happens before this step).
    4. Interview (being early is a good first step) with branch manager and teller supervisor was conversational and friendly. You are made to feel welcome and comfortable. They look for people with great communication skills who can work well and get along with the team. Taking care of customers is a big deal. Smile. Show you are committed to work, exceed expectations, and desire to grow with the company.
    5. Interview was on Friday waiting on call back on Monday. I feel confident I will get the job!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer/client.   View Answer
    Be able to work around their schedule and pay. I'd you work hard and show your worth your supervisor and manager should take notice and cater more to your demands.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

They send you a link to set up a time for a phone interview. Then they call to do a screening to make sure you are qualified for the position. If they feel you meet qualifications they send you another link to fill out and schedule a face to face interview at the job location.

Interview Questions

Not worth my time for the pay

Corporate Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

One behaviorial interview on campus, then attended Super Day. Super Day was with hundreds of other candidates, and you are there for an entire weekend. They fly you in the night before, for a pre-interview reception, and then the following day you have 4-5 30 minute interviews with people in different lines of business.

In Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mullica Hill, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mullica Hill, NJ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Applied online on PNC website, got a call from the recruiter who asked about my current work experience and education and then we set up a date/time for a first interview. the first interview went great and I was offered the position two days later

Interview Questions
    was offered 27800 annual salary but I wanted more so we negotiated with a 30,000 annual salary

/Technology Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

First I met with recruiters during a Job Fair at my University. Then I was e-mailed later that evening to schedule an on-campus interview for the next day. The interview had a panel of three employees that asked a few behavioral questions. Then a few weeks later I received an interview follow-up call and an e-mail inviting me to Super Day. The night before the Super Day interviews there was a networking event with a presentation about the internships offered, networking (including getting to know the people you would be interviewing with), and light refreshments. The next day I had two 25 minute interviews. One interview was made up of the usually styled behavioral questions, the other was more like a conversation. The next week I got a call telling me I was offered a position and would be sent an e-mail with the details. Below I selected that I did not get an offer, but I actually did get one and am just still in the process of deciding between this internship and another one.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were working on a group project and the project ended up being drastically changed halfway to the due date. Describe the actions you took to make sure the project was still successfully completed on time.   Answer Question

Corporate and Institutional Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2014.

I applied online through my University's career center and scheduled an interview several weeks later. My interviewers were very informative and passionate about their jobs and did a good job answering all of my questions. They went through my résumé with me asking about all of my experiences and that part was fairly easy and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Come prepared with lots of informed questions because they ask several times if you have questions for them.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

there were a total of four interviews.
    Two online, one telephone, and one in person. the telephone and online interviews were simple enough. The in-person interview was a joke. If you are not a minority, don't expect to be hired in any management level positions. Just keeping it real.

Interview Questions
    • Do you get along with people of "different" backgrounds?   View Answer
    They were pretty set on pay and benefits... Not much wiggle room.