PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.7

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

in the first interview, they explain a lot about their company, and ask few question, than they told you to wait for second interview

Part-time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2014.

Pretty standard process. I applied on line and received an email to set up a phone interview. That interview was about 10 minutes. Basically just asked what I was looking to do and how much I was looking to make and why I wanted to work for PNC. Then had to do some assessment for them. After that I got moved on to an in person interview. Mine was a group interview with 3 other people at a local branch. I was offered a position right after that interview. Had 3 days to take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Past experience, why PNC, strengths & weaknesses   View Answer

Just couldn't work out training schedule and class schedule during college.

Summer Interview

Interviewed on campus and then at Super Day in Pittsburgh. On campus interview was a 30 minute interview that was primarily behavioral. Super Day consisted of 4, 30 minute one-on-one interviews with managing directors from various groups. The Super Day questions were also primarily behavioral, however there were a few basic accounting questions.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather roll a die once and multiply the outcome by 100 or roll a die 100 times and sum up the values of the outcomes?   Answer Question

Business Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2014.

Recruiter Contacted me From LinkedIN- Phone screen was set up a day after.
    Met with Business Banking Sales Manager for lunch at a really expensive restaurant. Another meeting was set at a sport stadium suite Business Market Sales Manager. Then I was Introduced to the Branch Managers in a panel type interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about what your process is when you initial meet with prospect in terms of finding if they have a need for credit.   View Answer
    It's easy to negotiate when you have a lot to bring to the table.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2012.

Was offered the job within one week of second interview. You should always counter offer they shoot pretty low on starting salary. The interview was very comfortable becuse I was comfortable in my job skills

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a situation and outcome of a difficult customer involvment   Answer Question
    did not negotiate, I was desparate and not very smart

Teller Supervisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2014.

I sent in a resume and was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. Phone appointment call came exactly when scheduled. It seemed like a prescreening. All questions were just yes and no. Interviewer was heavily accented and I had a hard time understanding him.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic qualifications yes and no questions. It seemed totally unnecessary since they could look at my resume and receive the answers.   Answer Question

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2014.

I submitted an application and didn't hear back for a long time- at least a month. The recruiter then messaged me saying that my info had slipped past, so I'm not sure if that is a common experience. Anyway, I had a very basic phone interview, and was invited to apply for a different position. About 2 weeks later I went to an in-person group interview at one of their Customer Care Centers. It seemed like the candidates were extremely varied for the position. I sat next to a lady who had 30 years of experience and someone fresh out of high school. Be prepared to talk about yourself, a little about your background and why you are interested in PNC in front of all the other candidates as well as various managers. We were then split up into groups of 4 and interviewed simultaneously with two members of the staff. Everyone in the group answers the same questions, so it may be helpful to assert yourself and answer the questions first or second if you already have an appropriate answer prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the questions were typical interview fare, although some seemed negative-multiple questions about mistakes you've made in the past, stuff like that. I think the point is that they want you to show how you learned or grew as an employee and how you resolved the issue   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2014.

Attended a 'Group' interview in Melbourne, Florida for a Customer Service Representative for PNC in Viera, Florida. What I assumed would be multiple interviewers in the group interview turned out to be multiple applicants being interviewed together. There were three store managers sitting around the oval conference table with the recruiter at the end. The multiple applicants including myself sat at the table. The recruiter played a Company video on her notebook at the beginning of the interview process. She explained how the questions would be asked by asking us the same question in a clockwise order then switching it.

Interview Questions
    • Although the recruiter stated that there were multiple positions and that the applicants weren't competing for the same position was deceiving. The interview tone became combative and competitive. As an experienced CS Rep. I care about people. I wasn't going to use the other applicants answers against them to degrade their qualifications as one did during the interview. Awkward interview style that I would not participate in again unless I was running for a Political office.
      The Group interview enabled one younger applicant to look at the older applicant and state repeatedly that she had a good twenty more years of productive working years to offer. After that this same applicant repeatedly stated how she stays at her job and doesn't skip around after hearing the other applicant state that she has only been at her current bank for a few months. This wasn't a healthy environment where each applicant could promote his/her talents without them being used against them in a competitive way.
        Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

scheduled interview. It was very quick turnaround time. There were four people who interviewed. It took about an hour, nothing hard just general questions. They then took me around to meet other people in the branch

Interview Questions
    • Hardest moment you have had to deal with. My answer was none bank related   Answer Question

Cash Flow Insight Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2013.

Interview with Business Banking Lead and Manager, minimum qualifications Business banking six months, was with the bb department 3 years. Brand new product launched in January 2014, online walk thru, and sales are a big part of this position.

Interview Questions
    • How and What would you bring to the department in value.   Answer Question

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!