PNC Financial Services Group

Updated 23 Nov, 2014
Updated 23 Nov, 2014

2.7

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

in the first interview, they explain a lot about their company, and ask few question, than they told you to wait for second interview

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Applied through school's career website. First round interview was entirely behavioral. It was very much a conversation rather than an interrogation. Interviewer explained that it is too difficult for them to give an internship to a sophomore because they try to turn their interns into full time employees. No technical questions were asked.

Branch Manager II Interview

A lot of behavioral questions, mainly past experiences and examples about how you will handle a situation if it arises. How do you achieve your personal goals. Where would you like to be 5 years from now.

ACCEL Program Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

A friend of mine works for PNC and she recommended me to the program. I sent in my resume on October 1st. I was contacted the next day for a phone interview. Phone interview was following week, quick and easy less than 15 minutes. They just want to feel your personality out, then I received an email to complete an assessment. After the assessment I was contacted two weeks later with an invitation to their Super Day. There were people there from many different places. The interview was in a large room with curtains separating you from the next applicant. A week after super day, I received a call with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to manage or be a leader for someone who was from a different generation? What did you learn from this experience?   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Analyst Interview

Not very technical super day. Definitely know financial statement flows and why you think you are a good fit for banking. They asked typical behavioral questions-- leadership, teamwork, failure and learning from it, and going over your resume.

RiskProgram Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Initial on campus interview with pre interview networking event the previous night. 45 minutes and classical behavioral questions. very casual and conversational. Received invite to super day 1 week later. Super day took place 2 weeks after the initial interview with 90 other risk candidates across the US. It consisted of 3 25 minute interviews with different risk group professionals varying from technical to behavioral and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the mid term elections and how it could impact banking policies   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Three phases of interviews. Several weeks apart, so there is time prepare and come up with responses to every possible question. Questions were difficult. Be prepared to provide examples and analysis of your work. Every detail you provide to the interviewer is important. It is very important to be clear and concise in your responses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you faced a challenging evaluation. How effectively were you able to deal with the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

1. Applied online to local branches.
    2. Received email to schedule a phone interview (5-10 minutes).
    3. Initial phone interview was more like a screening. On the same day received a second phone interview with situational questions (tell me about a time when...).
    After phone interview, and since things went well I was scheduled an interview with a branch manager (Sometimes a group interview happens before this step).
    4. Interview (being early is a good first step) with branch manager and teller supervisor was conversational and friendly. You are made to feel welcome and comfortable. They look for people with great communication skills who can work well and get along with the team. Taking care of customers is a big deal. Smile. Show you are committed to work, exceed expectations, and desire to grow with the company.
    5. Interview was on Friday waiting on call back on Monday. I feel confident I will get the job!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer/client.   View Answer
    Be able to work around their schedule and pay. I'd you work hard and show your worth your supervisor and manager should take notice and cater more to your demands.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

They send you a link to set up a time for a phone interview. Then they call to do a screening to make sure you are qualified for the position. If they feel you meet qualifications they send you another link to fill out and schedule a face to face interview at the job location.

Interview Questions

Not worth my time for the pay

Corporate Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

One behaviorial interview on campus, then attended Super Day. Super Day was with hundreds of other candidates, and you are there for an entire weekend. They fly you in the night before, for a pre-interview reception, and then the following day you have 4-5 30 minute interviews with people in different lines of business.