PNC Financial Services Group

Updated 2 Mar, 2015

2.7

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

in the first interview, they explain a lot about their company, and ask few question, than they told you to wait for second interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

First, I applied through my university and received an on campus interview. Four day later, I was informed that I was invited to super day in roughly three weeks. Super day was crowded, but run very well. I had four interviews for the Capital Markets Track. The interviews were mostly behavioral, but I there was one technical, one brain teaser, and a few questions about my opinions on the markets and current finance events.

Interview Questions
    • How does net income show up in all three financial statements?   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Applied online within an hour recived an email to complete assessment test and more info about resume. Three days later recived call from recruiter for group interview which was set up for the next week. Really was more like an info session then broken down to individual interviews with specific back branches. Recived call on the way home for second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you set a goal but didn't achieve it?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

3-4, 25 minute interviews that were mostly behavioral. If you are doing Capital Markets track, the questions will be more technical.

They have a reception dinner that helps you get in the interviewing mindset. My advice is to get all of your jitters out there. Attack the reception. Also, you have a good chance to meet your interviewers and get that initial awkward meeting time out of the way.

Overall, they do a great job at hosting you and the people are very friendly. Nothing to be too worried about.

Interview Questions
    • How to the three financial statements relate to one another?   Answer Question
    • What is a time in your life that you received negative feedback and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Retail Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

consisted mainly of behavioral questions. they fly everyone they are going to interview into Pittsburgh for the day and each person interviews with 2 different people. overall it was one of the better interviews I have participated in. about a week after the interview I got a call and an offer.

Interview Questions
    • if your friends were to describe you what would they say?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Reception on Thursday, Superday on Friday. 3 interviews on Friday with a number of different people. Nothing crazy, just basic questions about why you want the position. The day was long though with a lot of breaks in between the interviews. Lot of candidates from the Pittsburgh area.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2015.

I applied for a Teller position on 02/10/15 and received an email 02/11/15 saying they decided to go with other candidates. I have bank teller experience as well as other financial services experience, so it makes me wonder what PNC bases its recruitment decisions on. Is it that I'm over qualified? I believe saying that, is better than telling me I'm not the right fit without even giving me a chance in an interview.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Received a call for an interview 3+ weeks after an online application. Interviewed with the Recruiter who was very detailed. It was the typical STAR interview process. The next day, I was called in for another interview and met with the Regional Manager. I later completed a skills test online.

I waited about 20 minutes before I interviewed with him. He was in an interview with another young lady. As I met with him, he was documenting on the resume' of the previous interviewee as if he was not interested in me. However, the interview was STAR method as well.

Institutional Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2015.

Phone interview for 30 minutes. It was a decent interview. Interviewer engaged in small talk for 5 minutes before getting to technical questions. Then super day in Pittsburgh with more of the same.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch a stock, What would be the effects if the Fed increased rates?, How is the market doing? How would you break apart a portfolio?   View Answer

Quantitative Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2015.

A short, easy phone interview with the hiring manager. Then the onsite interview with 5 managers/employees. Lots of brain teasers, statistical/mathematical questions. Probability, time series modeling, linear regression, etc. People are nice but the questions are difficult.