PNC Financial Services Group

514 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details in the first interview, they explain a lot about their company, and ask few question, than they told you to wait for second interview

Interview Question – Nothing, just talk about yourself   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Process Engineer Interview

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2014.

Interview Details I was first contacted via email by a recruiter to gauge my interest. As we progressed to the screening call I found her to be very east to work with and she was always responsive to my questions.

A phone interview with the department head followed and then a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of 5 people in the room and another 3 on the conference call. They did a good job of making the situation as stress free as possible.

Unfortunately, the original recruiter went on long term leave on the day after my panel interview. The recruiter that replaced her made no effort to let me know of next steps or if I didn't get the job. To this day I have never heard back from anyone at PNC in any format.

Overall, it was a good experience except for the lack of communication after the interview.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to navigate a difficult political landscape.   View Answer

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2013.

Interview Details It was a position offered to me through a mutual friend that is employed with the them. They called me for an initial interview. I met up with the location manager and department manager. They were really nice and courteous and the interview went really well. After the interview was complete they asked me if the pay was ok which was fine with me. I was informed me that the hiring manager will contact me to discuss with me the hiring process and they welcomed me to the company and the interview went well. After that I did not hear from them. Everytime I call the location manager she would inform me that they have notified the hiring manager that i was hired and that she should contact me. After a few weeks i found out they decided to hire someone else and they didn't even have the courtsey to inform me. Very unprofessional and unethical

Interview Question – They asked about my son and how i could afford to pay for after school with the salary they offered me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Horrible they decided to go with someone else without even notifying me.

C&IB Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details Dropped my resume and was picked for an interview. The interview was extremely laid-back - we just talked about the things on my resume. It was pretty much just a causal conversation. Basically, they just want to get to know you and see if you're a good fit for their company culture.

Interview Question – All fit-based questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Cornelius, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2014.

Interview Details Contacted by recruiter phone interview basic details of what job entails. Second interview phone interview discussed details of job and your experience. Third interview with branch manager.

Interview Question – Name a time you handled a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview Details I went through college recruiting. There was a single basic interview on campus, followed by an invite to corporate headquarters for a "super day" interview. There are many ways that they conduct these, with varying degrees of intensity and number of interviews and participants. I simply rotated through 3 interviewers.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one. The interviewers were not highly skilled interviewers, they were regular professionals in the same field that I was applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's not much wiggle room here. They will work with you, but you won't get much more out of them than what they initially offer.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details I was an internal candidate during my first interview with the company (after a conversion). I was asked general questions such as my experiences with customers and customer service, making referrals, etc.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult customer, what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

North, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in March 2014.

Interview Details I submitted a resume online within a day I received a response by phone. The recruiter was pleasant and didn't take me into a long drawn out explain your resume again saga. She like my responses and immediately referred me over to the in store branch. It took 2 days after she sent over my information for him to call me back. I went in for the interview which lasted two hours. He asked me several questions about only one of my sales positions about how our commission structure worked.Finally, after all of that he sent me in to the isles to watch how they try and pull customers back to in store for more information. I didn't get the position which took another 4 days to find out. The recruiter said he stated I didn't have enough sales experience the job only requires a minimum of 1 year which I have from a previous job which is strictly sales. I didn't understand that one especially when he really didn't talk a lot about sales. He was nice but it was crazy. Why keep me too hours not to hire me a waste of time. The next the recruiter felt I should have gotten the position sent me out again to another in store branch close by. This one was with a female who from the start seemed to have a problem with me she was poorly dressed and late getting to the store at 9 then reschedule to 10 and she was still late. She asked basic questions about sales and how I would sale Pnc Products. She stated how would you sale PNC because product knowledge doesn't help and training doesn't prepare you for this. Im thinking so how did you do it then. She had me go out into the isle to see if I could introduce myself to strangers and strike up a conversation. It was ridiculous because I couldn't talk about PNC because I didn't work for them. Needless to say she didn't hire me she didn't like me from the start and didn't know me. She commented on my shoes being uncomfortable I had on a suit and heels. How should I have dressed for a bank interview. I couldn't wear sneakers. The recruiter was awesome she tried so hard the in store manager the first one was good the second one not so much.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, what have you sold how do you sell to a difficult customer   Answer Question

Financial Specialist Interview

Chillicothe, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in August 2010.

Interview Details Phone interview with standard questions with a recruiter. Phone interview with Regional manager. In person branch interview with branch manager and assistant branch manager.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked if the salary was negotiable, and they said no it was not that was their offer for the position.

CSA/Switcher Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details After applying and completing a teller assessment, I was invited to a group interview. This consisted of the recruiter and about 12 other candidates. The point of the group interview is to see how each candidate interacts with the others. Questions about your experience dealing with customers and previous sales experience. Following this, I had a phone screening with the recruiter and she set up an appointment for me to interview with 2 branch managers. The following week (week 3) I was called by the regional manager and met with her as well as another branch manager whom I had not yet met. After this meeting I was offered the CSA position and had to pass the CSA assessment. Once you are offered the job you must pass background and credit check (cannot have bad credit, but average credit is acceptable) for this loan officer position. Must also pass drug screening and submit fingerprints.

Interview Question – Make sure when they say, "tell me about yourself" that you have planned out what to say so that you can be prepared to impress. Tell them with relevant info why you are interested in the position.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group interview questions and advice. All 514 interview reviews are posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees and interview candidates.