Oracle

Average Difficulty
40 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details The hiring process was smooth, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, followed by three phonic interview with multiple people across the globe and then on-site interview. Most of the interview was focused around my resume.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in July 2010.

Interview Details Once your resume will be shortlisted by Oracle HR recruiter, the following rounds will be takes part as
1) Telephonic Technical Round (Weblogic, UNIX/Linux, Basic DBA)
2) Face-To-Face Interview (Deep level Weblogic end-to-end questions)
3) Manager Round (Little technical which you put up in your resume)
4) Director Round (Scenario based questions on technical and Stress management)
5) Sr. Director Round (Salary Discussion, Scenario based technical questions)

Interview Question – Weblogic Architecture, Side by Side Deployment, JMS (Queue/Topic)   Answer Question

Redwood Shores, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details I scheduled a phone interview shortly after applying online. The interview consisted of questions regarding previous experience, interests, and my availability for an on-site interview at Oracle HQ.

At the on-site interview, I met with the hiring manager and four principal engineers. In each interview, I was asked about previous experience and/or provided challenges. The challenges were standard white board coding problems. Overall, I found the communication skills of the interviewers to be below par. The manager being the worst and the carried over to the post-interview process.

After the on-site interview, I received no further communication from the hiring manager. After two weeks, I reached out to ask about expense reimbursement and whether I was still being considered for the position. The manager seemed put off by the question and responded with a curt email that directed me to a FAQ document. That document, mind you, states that you should reach out to the hiring manager for questions regarding expense reimbursement. Once I explained that to the manager, he had me email him the receipts. Note, however, he never address the other question regarding consideration for the position. That's fine, I thought. I'll ask again later.

Four weeks pass with no communication from the hiring manager and no expense reimbursement. I email the manager asking for an update on the reimbursement and the position. Finally, I learn that I am no longer being considered for the position. Now, one could assume that from the lack of contact. However, I feel it was disrespectful to say nothing after having me come out to Oracle HQ and spend a day with the team.

Regarding reimbursement, he didn't have any answers. I asked for a contact within Oracle HR for his team and he all but refused to provide one. After getting the run around via several correspondences, I called Oracle's main number and was transferred to the HR hotline. After a few minutes of waiting, the system put me into voice mail. I left my contact information and a brief explanation of the problem with reimbursement and the manager. I am now waiting for a response.

Interview Question – None of the questions stood out as particularly difficult. Unfortunately, what I remember is the communications problems, not the content of the interviews.   Answer Question

Redwood, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details The response from the company was super fast. I was contacted the next day after submitting the resume to set up a phone interview time. The interview lasted about 1 hour with three coding questions. The interviewer was very professional and he tried to discover my best potential.

Interview Question – All three coding questions were about software design patterns. The most difficult one was to design a software of calculating the total cost of a pizza order based on the given possible pizza sizes and toppings.   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details Took 2 weeks +. first had a phone screen with the Senior Project Manager. IT was strait fwd and std java questions. Called for inperson interview. Lasted for 4.5 hrs. Meet more than 7 people of the team. Most of them went well except one lady. she seemed to be rude and interrupted almost every time. Very annoying.

Interview Question – Questions were all java related:
6) collection related questions. Problem related to hashmap
7) sql queries on outer join and inner join
8) rest web service problem
9) tic tac toe problem
thats most of them i remember.
  Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details First round of telephonic conversation, followed by extensive and in-depth face to face discussions.

Interview Question – Nothing as such unexpected. But was asked to create overall design/implementation details.   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

Interview Details First recruiter finds my resume on Linkedin and she gave me a call, described what job it is, have a simple English communication, and asking me to think about for days. Then 2 days after we have another call, and I gave her my resume, and the process began. About 1 week later I got an phone call from the team, after about 30 minutes phone call, we have a 2-3 hours interview. This is first round interview, 4 rounds including 1 paper test.

1 week later I've been told I passed the 1st round, and next round will be an online meeting with managers in US. It was last about 1 hour
2 weeks later I got the offer.

Interview Question – no such questions   Answer Question

Burlington, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

Interview Details Applied online and got a call two weeks later. Basically going through my work experience and was told I will be contacted shortly. A week later HR arranged for in person interview that lasted 3 hours. Mostly technical questions. Abstract vs interface etc.

Interview Question – there was no difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got what I wanted

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details multiple technical rounds, Manager round and HR round. Not so hard to crack. Make sure you are confident on what you answer.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Interview Details I submitted my resume at the University Career Fair in September 2013, and got contacted within a week. Scheduled an onsite interview without any phone screens. I was interviewed by 6 groups on both the Redwood city and the Santa Clara campuses. After the interviews the HR asked me to rank the groups according to my preferences.
I got the feedback within 48 hours, and I got in the group that I was most interested in.

Interview Question – What would happen during a page fault?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was very competitive. I didn't negotiate.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!