Oracle Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 9 Sep, 2014

3.4

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

3-4 rounds depending on how you perform in first round. More technical rounds if they are unsure. Direct manager round if they find you good technically. They will try to confuse you. In case you are conceptually good, they will find out. Interviewer will lay traps for you. Beware of those things. They are highly knowledgeable and as soon as you say something that is not right, they will try to make situation where your own concepts start conflicting with each other. Beware of such traps.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Hiring process is very cumbersome. It takes 1 month to complete all the interview rounds. Interview rounds are also exhaustive. Around 4-5 rounds are conducted. The more you ask the more are the chances that the offer will not come even after doing excellent in the interview. Referrals are encouraged and internal movement is also consider. During the offer wait period, the key is to remain connected with the manager if he/she responded positively to your interview.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation phase since the offer comes after long time but at start.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in July 2014.

Went for walk in drive held at Hyderabad.
    There were 7 rounds in total. First written , 5 technical and the last techo managerial HR round.
    All rounds were comprehensive, check knowledge of java as well as data structures and coding techniques. Have to write code for different problems provided to you giving stress on the optimized solution (like checking the complexity of the solution and all).

Interview Questions
    • How to find the singly linked list is circular using only one pointer   Answer Question
    If you performed well in the interview you can ask whatever you feel is fine considering the name of the company . Else difficult to negotiate. Got around 80% hike from my current package

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

The hiring process was smooth, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, followed by three phonic interview with multiple people across the globe and then on-site interview. Most of the interview was focused around my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

I was initially contacted by HR. During the initial discussion they gathered basic information about my profile and also briefed me about the position and what actually they are looking for. After a few days first round of technical interview conducted. Basic to intermediate level questions asked about Oracle db architecture. All facets of Oracle products were touched. This was further followed by second level technical interview. This was quite intense and lengthy. Both rounds were telephonic and duration was more than an hour for each. Second round was to check depth of knowledge with few issue specific questions. Before third round few documents collected by HR. Third and fourth round taken through video conference. Third round was with hiring manager. In this round technical and behavioral qualities were assessed. Salary negotiation also took place in this round. Next was fourth round with the Sr.Director. Mostly behavioral questions. Verbal offer made after few hours. After 3 weeks soft copy of the offer letter released.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to know as much as possible for all technical terms used in resume or during interview.   Answer Question
    Negotiations largely depend on last drawn salary. Asking salary should be justified rationally.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

I scheduled a phone interview shortly after applying online. The interview consisted of questions regarding previous experience, interests, and my availability for an on-site interview at Oracle HQ.

At the on-site interview, I met with the hiring manager and four principal engineers. In each interview, I was asked about previous experience and/or provided challenges. The challenges were standard white board coding problems. Overall, I found the communication skills of the interviewers to be below par. The manager being the worst and the carried over to the post-interview process.

After the on-site interview, I received no further communication from the hiring manager. After two weeks, I reached out to ask about expense reimbursement and whether I was still being considered for the position. The manager seemed put off by the question and responded with a curt email that directed me to a FAQ document. That document, mind you, states that you should reach out to the hiring manager for questions regarding expense reimbursement. Once I explained that to the manager, he had me email him the receipts. Note, however, he never address the other question regarding consideration for the position. That's fine, I thought. I'll ask again later.

Four weeks pass with no communication from the hiring manager and no expense reimbursement. I email the manager asking for an update on the reimbursement and the position. Finally, I learn that I am no longer being considered for the position. Now, one could assume that from the lack of contact. However, I feel it was disrespectful to say nothing after having me come out to Oracle HQ and spend a day with the team.

Regarding reimbursement, he didn't have any answers. I asked for a contact within Oracle HR for his team and he all but refused to provide one. After getting the run around via several correspondences, I called Oracle's main number and was transferred to the HR hotline. After a few minutes of waiting, the system put me into voice mail. I left my contact information and a brief explanation of the problem with reimbursement and the manager. I am now waiting for a response.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions stood out as particularly difficult. Unfortunately, what I remember is the communications problems, not the content of the interviews.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Took 2 weeks +. first had a phone screen with the Senior Project Manager. IT was strait fwd and std java questions. Called for inperson interview. Lasted for 4.5 hrs. Meet more than 7 people of the team. Most of them went well except one lady. she seemed to be rude and interrupted almost every time. Very annoying.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all java related:
      1) static in java
      6) collection related questions. Problem related to hashmap
      7) sql queries on outer join and inner join
      8) rest web service problem
      9) tic tac toe problem
      thats most of them i remember.
        Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

The response from the company was super fast. I was contacted the next day after submitting the resume to set up a phone interview time. The interview lasted about 1 hour with three coding questions. The interviewer was very professional and he tried to discover my best potential.

Interview Questions
    • All three coding questions were about software design patterns. The most difficult one was to design a software of calculating the total cost of a pizza order based on the given possible pizza sizes and toppings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

First round of telephonic conversation, followed by extensive and in-depth face to face discussions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such unexpected. But was asked to create overall design/implementation details.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

multiple technical rounds, Manager round and HR round. Not so hard to crack. Make sure you are confident on what you answer.