Oracle Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

Updated 20 Apr, 2015

2.7

Hardware Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Interview

contacted by recruiter. set up multiple phone screens and you interview on site with those who are interested. While the phone interview questions are relevant to the position the onsite questions were meaningless. There were 0 technical questions, only puzzles. The whole process is extremely biased and the is definitely hiring favoritism as qualified candidates have not been hired while unqualified are hired (given they share a "similar" trait as the hiring manager).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Some of the interviewers were chatting with somebody using their cell phones. They didn't respect people! I decided not to answer any questions when I found that. I don't want to work with these people!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Got an email from the recruiter (had submitted the resume during the career fair). HR provided a list of groups out of which we can select any number depending on our interest. Interviewed with 4 groups (1 hour 30 min each) back-to-back and got an offer from one of the managers on that day itself. That turned out to be best possible scenario since I wanted to work with that group right from the day I had chosen the group as one of my potential interests. Questions involved identifying bugs in a code, deep OS questions, white-board coding. Rigorous but delightful.

Negotiation

I got a more than expected offer and did not wish to negotiate on that considering the potential growth in the team.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Took 2 weeks +. first had a phone screen with the Senior Project Manager. IT was strait fwd and std java questions. Called for inperson interview. Lasted for 4.5 hrs. Meet more than 7 people of the team. Most of them went well except one lady. she seemed to be rude and interrupted almost every time. Very annoying.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all java related:
      1) static in java
      6) collection related questions. Problem related to hashmap
      7) sql queries on outer join and inner join
      8) rest web service problem
      9) tic tac toe problem
      thats most of them i remember.

Answer Question

HW Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

Standard process. Got call when I was in college. Met multiple teams, questions were mostly standard questions for instance Fifo design, tomosula algorithm, some puzzles etc
    Interviewed with around 3 teams in same day, ~8 hours of interview quite a few questions were repeated among teams as they seem to have standard questions.

Interview Questions

I was more interested in system SW & got another offer from competing organization

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

The campus recruiter distributed my resume to several hiring managers and within a week I got phone calls from several managers. They all basically told me about what their group does and learn about my technical background. Then if you show interest in their positions they will tell recruiter to arrange an onsite interview. During the onsite they didn't ask too much technical questions but just talked to you further by introducing their group and asking more details about your phd work and course work.

Interview Questions

• Setup time hold time violation definition, solutions... How would two closely placed wires interfere each other.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not too much space to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

One phone interview followed by one onsite interview. In the phone interview the manager basically asked me questions on the resume. One week later I got the onsite interview. There are 3 groups and each group has 4 interviewer. The questions are not hard. Such as setup time hold time, noise margin, power, etc.

Physical Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

For new graduate employment, one phone interview+one on-site interview

Interview Questions

• phone interview, since graduate employment without much experience, some problems appeared in the advanced process technology seems no way to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Online application, got three phone interviews within two weeks. The calls are from different groups of their harware design team. The questions are not hard, mostly related to your projects. I remember there are logic design, layout, data structure and so on. No tricky questions overall, just some basic stuff.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview was technical. Coding questions on binary trees, find the error in some code. Also on mutex, locks, memory management.
    Onsite interview was also some coding on bitmaps, binary trees, mutexes.
    Not too difficult. People were nice.

Interview Questions

Salary was lower than market.