OpenText Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr, 2015

2.6

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON).

Interview

Clunky process, like the left hand didn't know what the right was doing. Two apparently accidental rejection form emails from HR, followed by a request for an on-site first round interview.

In person interview consisted of separate panels of two interviewers. One technical, checking into experience and domain knowledge. The other less technical, more of a Q&A session with discussions and answers to the typical "how have you handled conflict in your career", and "how have you tried to improve your abilities".

After the interview process came a fairly thorough background screening process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a disagreement you had with a co-worker, and how it was handled or resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

One offer, take it or leave it.

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OpenText (North York, ON).

Interview

This was a 3 step process, My resume was submitted by a internal contact, Then a Phone Interview which simply confirmed the resume. a HR interview which again only checked the facts and added some very general history questions. My Final interview was with the Manager and Vice Manager for the department. This interview was more involved and took over an hour of Q&A. At that point I did not know whether or not I was to be offered the position. So thoughts are that this interview gave Management a good Idea of what I could provide and gave me some feed back on what they were looking for. On the whole a positive interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no Negotiation phase, they offered a salary Take it or leave it...

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, a week later got an email request for a phone interview. Booked interview for 2 days later. HR was very responsive to my emails. I was quite pleased with the professionalism of the HR recruiter. Phone interview lasted about 20 mins. Began by giving a general overview of the position and duties associated with it. Then moved on to discussing my skill set as it pertains to the position. Recruiter was open to answering any questions I had. Also general HR questions such as are you legally entitled to work in Canada, salary expectations. Call ended with recruiter advising me that she would present my candidacy to the hiring manager and would be in touch in a week.

BI Developer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON).

Interview

Easy interview. Fit questions. Smile lots and you'll get the job,

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview & technical interview

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON) in January 2013.

Interview

The process is very direct going directly to the point. Since the company have their own products they are expecting someone that will be capable to learn and have a good relationship with the customer.

Interview Questions

• The Interview focus on the position, no difficult questions or unexpected questions were made.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negociation was fine and they were open to explain what are the reasons made in the offer.

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at OpenText in September 2012.

Interview

30 minutes interview, general questions like: "why do you choose this company?"etc. I was asked to present my recent project about database. That's it.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON) in August 2012.

Interview

HR phone screen and on-site technical interview

Interview Questions

• Generica web application related questions: SQL, CSS, business logic design, Java   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OpenText in August 2012.

Interview

Responded to linkedin add through a recruiter. Had one face to face interview and one phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The salary was within the range expected. I asked for more vacation and this was not granted.

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OpenText (Waterloo, ON) in October 2010.

Interview

Initial interview: hiring agency. After I passed that phase I came in for an interview with the team lead and a senior designer. Once passed that came in for a production test, once passed that I was interviewed by the team to show my portfolio. Then hired (1mth process)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary. Salary was above average at the time of initial hiring. Vacation was generous, benefits, great.