OpenText

2.6

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OpenText.

This was a 3 step process, My resume was submitted by a internal contact, Then a Phone Interview which simply confirmed the resume. a HR interview which again only checked the facts and added some very general history questions. My Final interview was with the Manager and Vice Manager for the department. This interview was more involved and took over an hour of Q&A. At that point I did not know whether or not I was to be offered the position. So thoughts are that this interview gave Management a good Idea of what I could provide and gave me some feed back on what they were looking for. On the whole a positive interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no Negotiation phase, they offered a salary Take it or leave it...

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenText in May 2014.

Applied via LinkedIn, a week later got an email request for a phone interview. Booked interview for 2 days later. HR was very responsive to my emails. I was quite pleased with the professionalism of the HR recruiter. Phone interview lasted about 20 mins. Began by giving a general overview of the position and duties associated with it. Then moved on to discussing my skill set as it pertains to the position. Recruiter was open to answering any questions I had. Also general HR questions such as are you legally entitled to work in Canada, salary expectations. Call ended with recruiter advising me that she would present my candidacy to the hiring manager and would be in touch in a week.

BI Developer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at OpenText.

Easy interview. Fit questions. Smile lots and you'll get the job,

Software Engineer Interview

Phone interview & technical interview

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

The process is very direct going directly to the point. Since the company have their own products they are expecting someone that will be capable to learn and have a good relationship with the customer.

Interview Questions
    • The Interview focus on the position, no difficult questions or unexpected questions were made.   Answer Question
    The negociation was fine and they were open to explain what are the reasons made in the offer.

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at OpenText in September 2012.

30 minutes interview, general questions like: "why do you choose this company?"etc. I was asked to present my recent project about database. That's it.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OpenText in August 2012.

HR phone screen and on-site technical interview

Interview Questions
    • Generica web application related questions: SQL, CSS, business logic design, Java   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OpenText in August 2012.

Responded to linkedin add through a recruiter. Had one face to face interview and one phone interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. The salary was within the range expected. I asked for more vacation and this was not granted.

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OpenText in October 2010.

Initial interview: hiring agency. After I passed that phase I came in for an interview with the team lead and a senior designer. Once passed that came in for a production test, once passed that I was interviewed by the team to show my portfolio. Then hired (1mth process)

Interview Questions
    No negotiation necessary. Salary was above average at the time of initial hiring. Vacation was generous, benefits, great.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OpenText in June 2010.

Excellent detailed multi level interview. I was very excited by the interview process and thrilled by the people I met. Need I say more? The people were all friendly and helpful. In all cases they treated me very well and I was encouraged to join the company,

Straightforward