OpenText

Very Easy Interview

R&D Interview

R&D
Waterloo, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OpenText in June 2010.

Interview Details Excellent detailed multi level interview. I was very excited by the interview process and thrilled by the people I met. Need I say more? The people were all friendly and helpful. In all cases they treated me very well and I was encouraged to join the company,

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straightforward

Customer Support Technician Interview

Customer Support Technician
North York, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details This was a 3 step process, My resume was submitted by a internal contact, Then a Phone Interview which simply confirmed the resume. a HR interview which again only checked the facts and added some very general history questions. My Final interview was with the Manager and Vice Manager for the department. This interview was more involved and took over an hour of Q&A. At that point I did not know whether or not I was to be offered the position. So thoughts are that this interview gave Management a good Idea of what I could provide and gave me some feed back on what they were looking for. On the whole a positive interview.

Interview Question – this was 15 years ago, I do not remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no Negotiation phase, they offered a salary Take it or leave it...

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Waterloo, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied via LinkedIn, a week later got an email request for a phone interview. Booked interview for 2 days later. HR was very responsive to my emails. I was quite pleased with the professionalism of the HR recruiter. Phone interview lasted about 20 mins. Began by giving a general overview of the position and duties associated with it. Then moved on to discussing my skill set as it pertains to the position. Recruiter was open to answering any questions I had. Also general HR questions such as are you legally entitled to work in Canada, salary expectations. Call ended with recruiter advising me that she would present my candidacy to the hiring manager and would be in touch in a week.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Waterloo, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in January 2010.

Interview Details 5 interviews

Interview Question – How much you want to make? How much you are making now? You have to answer or you will not get hired.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Senior Graphic Designer
Waterloo, ON

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in October 2010.

Interview Details Initial interview: hiring agency. After I passed that phase I came in for an interview with the team lead and a senior designer. Once passed that came in for a production test, once passed that I was interviewed by the team to show my portfolio. Then hired (1mth process)

Interview Question – Wasn't one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary. Salary was above average at the time of initial hiring. Vacation was generous, benefits, great.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at OpenText in August 2012.

Interview Details Responded to linkedin add through a recruiter. Had one face to face interview and one phone interview.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The salary was within the range expected. I asked for more vacation and this was not granted.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Waterloo, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

Interview Details The process is very direct going directly to the point. Since the company have their own products they are expecting someone that will be capable to learn and have a good relationship with the customer.

Interview Question – The Interview focus on the position, no difficult questions or unexpected questions were made.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negociation was fine and they were open to explain what are the reasons made in the offer.

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Business Intelligence Developer

I applied in-person - interviewed at OpenText in September 2012.

Interview Details 30 minutes interview, general questions like: "why do you choose this company?"etc. I was asked to present my recent project about database. That's it.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Waterloo, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in August 2012.

Interview Details HR phone screen and on-site technical interview

Interview Question – Generica web application related questions: SQL, CSS, business logic design, Java   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

BI Developer Co-op Interview

BI Developer Co-op
Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details Easy interview. Fit questions. Smile lots and you'll get the job,

Interview Question – None. All questions are fit questions.   Answer Question

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!