OpenText

38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Waterloo, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in January 2010.

Interview Details 5 interviews

Interview Question – How much you want to make? How much you are making now? You have to answer or you will not get hired.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Waterloo, ON

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in October 2010.

Interview Details Initial interview: hiring agency. After I passed that phase I came in for an interview with the team lead and a senior designer. Once passed that came in for a production test, once passed that I was interviewed by the team to show my portfolio. Then hired (1mth process)

Interview Question – Wasn't one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary. Salary was above average at the time of initial hiring. Vacation was generous, benefits, great.

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at OpenText in August 2012.

Interview Details Responded to linkedin add through a recruiter. Had one face to face interview and one phone interview.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The salary was within the range expected. I asked for more vacation and this was not granted.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Waterloo, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

Interview Details The process is very direct going directly to the point. Since the company have their own products they are expecting someone that will be capable to learn and have a good relationship with the customer.

Interview Question – The Interview focus on the position, no difficult questions or unexpected questions were made.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negociation was fine and they were open to explain what are the reasons made in the offer.

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at OpenText in September 2012.

Interview Details 30 minutes interview, general questions like: "why do you choose this company?"etc. I was asked to present my recent project about database. That's it.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Waterloo, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in August 2012.

Interview Details HR phone screen and on-site technical interview

Interview Question – Generica web application related questions: SQL, CSS, business logic design, Java   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

BI Developer Co-op Interview

Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details Easy interview. Fit questions. Smile lots and you'll get the job,

Interview Question – None. All questions are fit questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at OpenText

Interview Details Phone interview & technical interview

Interview Question – What is polymorphism?   Answer Question

Director Level Interview

Waterloo, ON

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at OpenText in November 2009.

Interview Details I was approached by a representative of the company. Did a phone interview with this person. She indicated that I had the skills and experience and would pass the information to her Manager to setup an interview. No communication then for 5 months. I then get an email out of the blue asking me to do a phone interview at a specific time and date with less than 48 hours notice. No explanation for the 5 months of silence.

Interview Question – The interview was not difficult and I appeared to have the skills and experience they were seeking.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided not to proceed with this company as they clearly have little communication skill and I felt that it probably was indicative of a place that puts little effort in keeping their employees in the loop. I also felt that the urgency in the final email meant they were up against a deadline to have candidates for interviewing and they were just contacting me after 5 months to meet their deadlines.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Waterloo, ON

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OpenText in October 2009.

Interview Details Quite pleasant experience for product marketing manager position.
Questions were very straight forward and uncomplicated.
Email with pre-screening questions helped set the stage for the interview.
No offer was made due to limited experience.
Recruiter tried to pass off more experience than I had, despite my resume being outstanding.

The recruiting experience is a much different strategy than simply applying directly to hiring managers.

Interview Question – What writing have you done of sales material   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at OpenText

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OpenText interview questions and advice. All 38 interview reviews are posted anonymously by OpenText employees and interview candidates.