Omnicom

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Treasury Analyst Interview

Treasury Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Omnicom.

Interview Details Was contacted by recruiter for position. They gave me a background on the job and company to prepare. I then had an in person interview with a team member going over more details about the company, position, etc. Asked me about my resume, past experiences, schooling. Basically was to see if they could deal with me on a daily basis and get along with the team members. No difficult questions, very relaxed. A few days later, the recruiter called me and let me know that I'd be having a phone interview with the head of the group. That was basically a get to know you as well.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about lease financing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little ability to negotiate, all members of equal rank get same compensation

Junior Associate Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Omnicom in September 2011.

Interview Details Why should we hire you?

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase

Fellow Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Omnicom in March 2012.

Interview Details Attended an open house located in their Atlanta offices. After a brief tour of the office the 20+ interviewees spoke with several HR personell in a speed dating fashion. It was very casual and mostly unorganized. Several weeks after the open house I withdrew my application from consideration. It turns out that no one was selected for the Summer '12 fellowship. It was a real disappointment since it probably would have been a great experience.

Interview Question – There weren't many difficult questions - just a general open house.   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Programmer/Analyst

Interviewed at Omnicom

Interview Details The process consisted of two or three in person interviews with several members of the team. It was very casual and the interviewers handled most of the talking. Perhaps I should have interacted with them more because I was not offered a position at the company despite handling the interview better than I normally do.

Interview Question – They asked me the toughest situation I had encountered at my previous job   Answer Question

Search Engine Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Omnicom in April 2012.

Interview Details The phone interview was relaxing and easy.

Interview Question – What is your search engine history consist of?   Answer Question

Search Account Manager Interview

Search Account Manager
Fairfax, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Omnicom in August 2010.

Interview Details The interview was extremely informal and casual. I chatted with one person on the phone while they were at home and for the in person interview the other person sat cross legged in a chair wearing jeans and a sweater. It felt more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Question – Tell me why you want to work here   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The process was fairly quick and I ended up receiving a higher salary as a result.

Production Artis Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Omnicom in October 2010.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter and was told that my resume was reviewed and MAL wanted to meet with me. I met with the head of recruiting in the exterior lobby of the building for 10 minutes and was thanked and it was over. I thought I must have botched the interview but was called back that day for another interview the following week. This time I was able to meet in an exterior conference room outside of the main lobby (but still not in the "secret" working area where you have to give up your cell phone to enter). I met with the head of print production and the Studio manager. I was asked to interview again to meet the production team and we reviewed my skills. They expressed a concern that I'd want to "contribute creatively" and that I should not consider that as an option as a production artist. They also explained how every Tuesday they work until 2:00am and I should be aware of that. They contacted me a week later and said I was still in the running, then a week later they contacted me and said I was no longer in the running, but they had not made a selection. I've never seen such a complicated way to interview for a production artist position. Normally if the skills match the employer brings on the individual as a freelancer for a period of time to see if there is a fit and if there is job offers/negotiations begin. I found the experience odd, but not unpleasant.

Interview Question – There were no unusual interview questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Omnicom in September 2008.

Interview Details A headhunter contacted me and did 1 round of screening. Once the profile was deemed a good match by her, I was sent down to the hiring manager for a 1 hour behavior interview. Then 2 days later, I was sent to have another 1:1 with division head. Got the offer on the same day.

Interview Question – Will you pursuing an MBA shortly after you start with us?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Omnicom in May 2008.

Interview Details I basically was interviewed over the phone by the HR recruiter, then brought in to meet with the manager and then the team lead. I was then brought back to speak with the manager and then the VP of the department. Each time it was important that I present myself in a professional & comfortable manor relying on the confidence in my skills and knowledge that I ahd the ability to provide what they needed.

Interview Questions

Director Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Omnicom in March 2009.

Interview Details Company did not take a serious initiative in planning a structured interview process-which may be primarily with this branch of the organization. I fully paid my own transportation costs (flights, rental cars, etc.) two times to meet with the company in person. At both in-person interviews there was no set 'job description' or even vague list of daily activities. Office is very small, staff seemed hassled by the interview process. After two weeks of attempting followup, no offer given. Initial phone interview with Chicago office was pleasant, but also did not result in company followup or initiative. I would be very hesitant now to join the organization, and suggest proceeding with caution. Again, I stress that this was an interview with one branch of the company-and may not be an overall reflection.

Interview Question – No questions given regarding actual job duties- just made my own presentation.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Omnicom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Omnicom interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Omnicom employees and interview candidates.