OfficeMax Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct, 2014
Updated 20 Oct, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I had trouble finding the online application at first as officemax and office depot recently joined and it kept telling me to go to the Office Depot web site. I finally found the application and applied online and was contacted within two weeks for an interview. I interviewed with the hiring managers together.

Logistics/Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pismo Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pismo Beach, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

The best turn around time and most rewarding interview of my life. Felt wanted and that made my decision easy. Nothing more to say in regards to this.

Interview Questions
    • How would you tell an associate that they need to improve their selling skills.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Basically they just ask you questions about yourself, and why you feel qualified to work for Officemax. They'll ask you a series of questions and ask you how you would handle the situation, or how you have handled situations dealing with decision making etc. in the past

Interview Questions
    • They'll ask you to sell them something around you   View Answer

Impress Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Filled out the online application and then about 3 months later I get called for an interview for the next day. The manager seemed kinda desperate but that's okay he was cool. It wasn't really a formal interview as no interview questions were asked. He really loved my resume and never auctually gave me a chance to talk being he was so excited to hopefully have me on his team.I got hired the same day during the interview and we didn't talk about wages. My advice to you is make a resume that stands out (make one in photoshop) and learn how photoshop works that also a big role in getting me the job. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • the only question I was asked was tell me about your self.   Answer Question
    Didn't discuss wages.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Turnaround time between initial application and interview short. Interview process short and easy but store highly unorganized and it took a long time to even see the manager. I know it was a busy time but everyone seemed unhappy or stressed.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch a upsell to a customer purchasing flyers for a new business. (Upsell=add on to puchase)   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at OfficeMax.

Very basic interview process. First. You gets e-mail from a corporate recruiter. Then, if you pass the recruiters initial screening you will have a interview with a district or store manager. Mine happened to be with the store manager. Very cool guy actually. My interview was basically talking about metrics and what I did to move them in my previous roles. After about a week I was again contacted by corporate recruiter to make a job offer. Was less then what a competitor was offering me and they shockingly matched it. I accepted the offer got more money then I thought. Very satisfied.

Interview Questions
    • What type of customer service scores or numbers where you held to in previous role?   Answer Question
    • What metrics were you responsible in previous role?   Answer Question

Sales Associate-cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax in September 2014.

the interviewing was simple not alot of pressure really they only asked basic questions about how I felt about the position and my availablity to work it was a average type of interview no real reason to be nervous about anything.

Interview Questions
    • Asking how much I think I can sell when I had no work experience   Answer Question
    it wasn't a negotiation he offered and i accepted

Impress Supervisor (Key) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Easy process and it went fairly quickly. Questions were pretty basic and popular. There were 2 interviews that I had to go through one with a supervisor and one with a manager.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

I filled out the application online and within a few days a got a call for an interview. The interview itself was very easy and straightforward. The manager interviewing me was very friendly and actually responded to my answers. Other interviews I've had the person just wrote down my answer and continued to the next question.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I thought I'd be good for the position.   Answer Question
    She went to file some paperwork, came back and said she'd like to extend an offer. She said that since I was in college my started wage would be $8/hr.

Print Center Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Can be slow going, requires sales and technology background or aptitude. If you can sell and it's not reflected in your resume, then put it in a cover letter so you don't get passed up. You only get one interview, so make it good. Show up dressed well and don't be late.