OfficeMax ImPress Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

17 interviews

2.0

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Dimas, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax in September 2010.

I submitted my interview online. I called to follow-up about my application within a week. The store manager spoke with me and asked me to come into the store for an interview. The manager was very kind. He walked me into the furniture department and asked about my past work, etc. He quickly jumped into the salary question, and I was a bit taken aback. Before leaving, he introduced me to the department manager.

Easy and straight-forward.

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Impress Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview process was very basic. Simply asked about my background, if I was going to school, what I want to achieve further in life, if I was comfortable working in a retail atmosphere.

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at OfficeMax in October 2010.

I first spoke to a pre screen HR person, and I impressed them so much, I had the 2nd interview the same day and was eventually hired on the spot.

Just answer questions honestly, be yourself and smile.

Interview Questions
    • This wasnt the most difficult, but its the only one I remember.

"How do you handle stressful situations?"
        Answer Question

Impress Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2014.

They asked a bunch of questions on how I would handle a multitude of situations; teamwork, stress, independance.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me to sell a random object in the room to him.   Answer Question

Impress Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Low pay, lack of training, management doesn't care and you have to clean the bathrooms

Interview Questions
    • Can you print this now because I was lazy and waited until the last minute   View Answer

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OfficeMax.

The hiring interview process was very easy. They ask you if you are in this scenario, what would you do.. They also promote you to upsell stuff even if its not logical to the customers needs, which sometimes they get offended.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are pretty common questions. See Above.   Answer Question
    Horrible, straight up lied to me.

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at OfficeMax in February 2011.

Application is online. If you are selected to be interviewed, you will be called into a store and have an interview with the Impress Supervisor. If you pass this interview, you will be interviewed by the Store Manager. If they like you, you will have to submit to a drug test and if you pass, they will offer you the position. The interview is pretty standard. Questions are like any other interview; tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, tell me a time where you solved a problem, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what was your least favorite quality of your previous manager.   Answer Question

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pocatello, ID (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at OfficeMax in January 2009.

The folks at the store were awesome. There was great communication all throughout the process, and expectations were very clearly laid out. Both the ImPress manager and the store manager participated in the process, and both were very easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • I'm sorry, but there were no questions that I found terribly challenging.   Answer Question
    This phase was like the rest: relaxed and very conversational.

Impress Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at OfficeMax.

Went through simple interview process, and answeed the scenarios that the interviewer asked me, and was hired pretty quickly after it.

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brookfield, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at OfficeMax in July 2009.

All I did was show up looking like a corporate head (suit laptop bag and laptop) and scared the crap out of the Manager and had her freaking out to store associates who thought I was there for a surprise store visit. Then she found out I was there for an interview so she relaxed a bit and asked me what school I went to, what I studied, where I was originally from because she heard an accent, said I would be a great addition then said I was overqualified and recommended me for the supervisor position at a new store opening up. (got strung along by that other manager for a month before the one I interviewed with hired me on as part time.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty easy seeing as though I threw her off guard walking in as if I was corporate.   Answer Question
    Told her what I previously got paid at my previous place of employment and she offered me a $1.50 more ($9.50/hr) then got told she started my other associates at $10.25/hr.

Worked for OfficeMax? Contribute to the Community!