Office Depot

Very Easy Interview

Customer Services Associate Interview

Customer Services Associate
Edmonton, AB

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in January 2010.

Interview Details The whole process took about 3 hours. I filled out an application in store, then did an online test of 182 questions all pretty straight forward. E.g. Have you ever stolen from an employer? Do you feel dishonesty is a good thing to do to make a sale ?

During the one to one interview it was simple. Have you ever worked retail and asked for examples of when you had a great boss and when you had a bad boss and how you dealt with it. Also asked how long I would commit to office depot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They asked what wage I was looking for I said $10, the offered $9.80 as the final offer and said take it or leave it.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Office Depot in September 2012.

Interview Details They have you go online and apply for the sales position at that specific store. Then they will have you come for a first interview just to get background about you, why you want the job, and your previous sales experience.After do a online questionnaire (as most companies do) in the store. If you pass the questionnaire then they will send you for a drug test and if you pass then you will be called back for a second interview ( at that point, you have the job).

Interview Question – No question was really difficult. They were actually really straight-forward. Just answer the questions to the best of your abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to get $8/hr but the salary isnt really negotiable. If you have really...really...really good experience then they may go up to $9 or $10 but then again it also depends on how well that specific store does in sales. (if they clear their sales goal almost everyday then you may get a better pay but if not then expect minimum wage or a bit more)

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details Phone screening, In house Panel. Meeting with hiring manager, Sr Director and 2 VP's of Sales Operations. Questions were behavioral based and some were gauged at how well you would fit within the organization.

Interview Question – Project that failed and how you were able to communicate the results to management...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Technology Specialist Interview

Technology Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details Online application (1 hour), 130 question quiz in the store, 35 minute first interview, 1 1/2 hour second interview. It was a little lengthy for a part-time store position. I'm unsure why the application process is so drawn out. Happy I got the job but, hmm.

Interview Questions

• What defines good and bad customer service?   View Answer
  • How do you talk to someone who's not pulling their weight in the team?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Office Depot

Interview Details The interview was very brief. I was brought in by the store manager, who was very friendly, and asked behavioral based questions. Things like how I reacted when dealing with conflict or working with others. I went through the interview pretty quickly, and it was obvious I might have been over qualified. Overall It was a very simple interview.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was about a time where I had conflict and had a poor outcome, and how I felt about that.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Office Depot

Interview Details Never had an HR interview. Met with the hiring manager, a peer, and two levels of managers above the hiring manager. All were very respectful. All 4 of them are gone now though.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. One of the senior managers asked many technical questions about my background but nothing unfair.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to get an increase in salary but I did get an increase in stock options.

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Specialist Interview

Logistics Specialist
Barboursville, WV (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details Very Down to Earth interview! The associates were extremely helpful and super friendly. Manager really tried to fit me into their work environment regardless of the work position I applied for. They were also very informative about the position as well. They also made sure to answer any concerns that you may have as clearly as possible. Not a bad company. Highly recommend for college students that do not have wild school schedules unlike myself.

Interview Question – What motivates you to reach your sales goals?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My everyday schedule was too complex to work at the moment

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Falls Church, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2011.

Interview Details Two interviews with two different managers; Drug test required (located in Manassas, VA); Computer Personal Performance Test (Must be taken in store); about 5 - 10 day process; At least 2 - 3 days of computer training; Item finding test required.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate pay.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details Interview process was OK. Looking for a HUNTER. Must be able to close new sales quickly. Don't expect much training. You'll have to learn on the fly. Company uses a lot of internal acronyms, even when speaking to customers.

Interview Question – How are you going to improve performance if your sales are not at 100%?   Answer Question

Inside Account Manager Interview

Inside Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview Details Talk with recruiter on the phone, then group interview for 45 minutes, drug test, background check. Whole thing lasted about a month. Poor health benefits and little paid time off though.

Negotiation Details – they would not with me, but have heard others were able to

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!