Office Depot Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Customer Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in January 2010.

The whole process took about 3 hours. I filled out an application in store, then did an online test of 182 questions all pretty straight forward. E.g. Have you ever stolen from an employer? Do you feel dishonesty is a good thing to do to make a sale ?

During the one to one interview it was simple. Have you ever worked retail and asked for examples of when you had a great boss and when you had a bad boss and how you dealt with it. Also asked how long I would commit to office depot.

Interview Questions
    They asked what wage I was looking for I said $10, the offered $9.80 as the final offer and said take it or leave it.

Copy and Print Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in January 2014.

The Interview was Very Simple talk to the manager and if he likes you, he will hire you on the spot... also i came to realize that the starting pay isn't very competitive so be aware of that when you start but overall its very simple just be yourself they mainly ask about you as a person...

Interview Questions
    • When someone was upset at another job what did you do to make it better   Answer Question
    I didn't just accepted what was offered

Senior Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Office Depot.

Phone screen for manager and then invitation for 1-day event to meet with management, and then job offer would follow. Typically anything below VP-level is a one-day and done decision. Typically 3 individuals interview and collaborate. This is based on legacy OMX policy - no idea new ODP policy for interview protocol as have not been able to source or hire since merger.

Interview Questions
    • Ability to deal with start up of limited insight and data - and how I would deal with a situation   Answer Question
    Vacation - added a week.

Technology Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corpus Christi, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot in July 2010.

Was asked about my technology experiment and customer service. It helps if you know little bit of every thing from tech to office supplies. Must be independent, problem solver, have to wear business hat and customer hat, Have a A + attitude.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Office Depot in September 2012.

They have you go online and apply for the sales position at that specific store. Then they will have you come for a first interview just to get background about you, why you want the job, and your previous sales experience.After do a online questionnaire (as most companies do) in the store. If you pass the questionnaire then they will send you for a drug test and if you pass then you will be called back for a second interview ( at that point, you have the job).

Interview Questions
    • No question was really difficult. They were actually really straight-forward. Just answer the questions to the best of your abilities.   Answer Question
    I was able to get $8/hr but the salary isnt really negotiable. If you have really...really...really good experience then they may go up to $9 or $10 but then again it also depends on how well that specific store does in sales. (if they clear their sales goal almost everyday then you may get a better pay but if not then expect minimum wage or a bit more)

Product Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Phone screening, In house Panel. Meeting with hiring manager, Sr Director and 2 VP's of Sales Operations. Questions were behavioral based and some were gauged at how well you would fit within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Project that failed and how you were able to communicate the results to management...   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Technology Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Online application (1 hour), 130 question quiz in the store, 35 minute first interview, 1 1/2 hour second interview. It was a little lengthy for a part-time store position. I'm unsure why the application process is so drawn out. Happy I got the job but, hmm.

Interview Questions
    • What defines good and bad customer service?   View Answer
    • How do you talk to someone who's not pulling their weight in the team?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

The interview was very brief. I was brought in by the store manager, who was very friendly, and asked behavioral based questions. Things like how I reacted when dealing with conflict or working with others. I went through the interview pretty quickly, and it was obvious I might have been over qualified. Overall It was a very simple interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was about a time where I had conflict and had a poor outcome, and how I felt about that.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Never had an HR interview. Met with the hiring manager, a peer, and two levels of managers above the hiring manager. All were very respectful. All 4 of them are gone now though.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. One of the senior managers asked many technical questions about my background but nothing unfair.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to get an increase in salary but I did get an increase in stock options.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Falls Church, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Office Depot in October 2011.

Two interviews with two different managers; Drug test required (located in Manassas, VA); Computer Personal Performance Test (Must be taken in store); about 5 - 10 day process; At least 2 - 3 days of computer training; Item finding test required.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate pay.

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!