Office Depot Interview Questions

2.2

Customer Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Office Depot in January 2010.

The whole process took about 3 hours. I filled out an application in store, then did an online test of 182 questions all pretty straight forward. E.g. Have you ever stolen from an employer? Do you feel dishonesty is a good thing to do to make a sale ?

During the one to one interview it was simple. Have you ever worked retail and asked for examples of when you had a great boss and when you had a bad boss and how you dealt with it. Also asked how long I would commit to office depot.

Interview Questions
    They asked what wage I was looking for I said $10, the offered $9.80 as the final offer and said take it or leave it.

Sales Consultant I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Office Depot.

The interview process was pretty easy. I was called to take a test at the store. A few days after that, I got another call for the first interview. The manager I interviewed with was nice and outgoing and did most of the talking. There's a standard list of questions they have to go through. He even said, "I know some of these are kind of dumb but... I have to ask..." They were pretty general questions. "Why do you want to work for us?" A few days after that interview, I received a call from the store manager. He asked me to come in for a second interview. I had just moved from several states to the area. He wanted to make sure I wasn't going to move back. He asked more specific questions but they weren't difficult either. Things like, "Describe a time you had an issue with a coworker and how did you resolve it?" He offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. They told me what I would be making an hour and I could accept or decline.

Logistics Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Office Depot in September 2014.

Responded to an online post for a Morning Freight Logistics position at Office Depot. The process overall was easy, the personnel were polite, and it wasn't a stressful experience. I expect this is because it wasn't truly a logistics position, they were trying to class up the position by calling it morning freight logistics. It was a position for a shelf stocker, who would show up early in the morning and move inventory onto shelves.

I was extremely overqualified for the position, and only went to the interview based on the job title. Title did not match duties.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Office Depot.

Phone screen for manager and then invitation for 1-day event to meet with management, and then job offer would follow. Typically anything below VP-level is a one-day and done decision. Typically 3 individuals interview and collaborate. This is based on legacy OMX policy - no idea new ODP policy for interview protocol as have not been able to source or hire since merger.

Interview Questions
    • Ability to deal with start up of limited insight and data - and how I would deal with a situation   Answer Question
    Vacation - added a week.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Phone screening, In house Panel. Meeting with hiring manager, Sr Director and 2 VP's of Sales Operations. Questions were behavioral based and some were gauged at how well you would fit within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Project that failed and how you were able to communicate the results to management...   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Lead Consultant, Retail Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot in August 2014.

Initial telephone interview with HR; second telephone interview with Sr. HR; two on-site interviews with members of the team. I was asked if I was open to completing an online video test to provide an example of my facilitation skills. It was not required since I was able to have the on-site interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard questions; one of the most difficult/uncomfortable questions was when they asked about how I would respond to someone (executive level) that does not believe the training is necessary. It turned into a role-playing situation and the interviewer was determined to play devil's advocate to every answer I provided. With limited information of their process and procedures it was a no-win regardless of my answers or suggestions.   View Answer

Technology Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Office Depot.

Online application (1 hour), 130 question quiz in the store, 35 minute first interview, 1 1/2 hour second interview. It was a little lengthy for a part-time store position. I'm unsure why the application process is so drawn out. Happy I got the job but, hmm.

Interview Questions
    • What defines good and bad customer service?   View Answer
    • How do you talk to someone who's not pulling their weight in the team?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

The interview was very brief. I was brought in by the store manager, who was very friendly, and asked behavioral based questions. Things like how I reacted when dealing with conflict or working with others. I went through the interview pretty quickly, and it was obvious I might have been over qualified. Overall It was a very simple interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was about a time where I had conflict and had a poor outcome, and how I felt about that.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Never had an HR interview. Met with the hiring manager, a peer, and two levels of managers above the hiring manager. All were very respectful. All 4 of them are gone now though.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. One of the senior managers asked many technical questions about my background but nothing unfair.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to get an increase in salary but I did get an increase in stock options.

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Barboursville, WV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barboursville, WV (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Office Depot.

Very Down to Earth interview! The associates were extremely helpful and super friendly. Manager really tried to fit me into their work environment regardless of the work position I applied for. They were also very informative about the position as well. They also made sure to answer any concerns that you may have as clearly as possible. Not a bad company. Highly recommend for college students that do not have wild school schedules unlike myself.

Interview Questions

My everyday schedule was too complex to work at the moment

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!