Office Depot

2.2

Customer Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Office Depot in January 2010.

The whole process took about 3 hours. I filled out an application in store, then did an online test of 182 questions all pretty straight forward. E.g. Have you ever stolen from an employer? Do you feel dishonesty is a good thing to do to make a sale ?

During the one to one interview it was simple. Have you ever worked retail and asked for examples of when you had a great boss and when you had a bad boss and how you dealt with it. Also asked how long I would commit to office depot.

Interview Questions
    They asked what wage I was looking for I said $10, the offered $9.80 as the final offer and said take it or leave it.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

More of a talk than a interview. They just want to know if you can sell and be a people person. Depending on the manager in can be an easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not to many standard questions. They will ask questions mainly related to customer service and to sales. If you have sales experience, do make use of that and it will give you an edge.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Office Depot.

It was super easy. I walked in on the off chance they were hiring, and they were. So I did an on the spot interview and was hired. Interview was short and quick. Basic personality questions and why do you want to work here, etc. Had to complete a long questionnaire and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Basic. Why Office Depot? What is customer service to you?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Office Depot.

It took about 4 days to actually get hired. I submitted my resume and got a call the next day. The following day I went for the test they require. It was the normal "what would you do in different situations" type test and a drug screen. The following day I came in for two separate interviews, one with the store manager and one with the assistant manager. Both were very easy to talk to and didn't make me feel intimidated at all. The next day I was called and offered a job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Office Depot in February 2015.

The interview was short and easy and the woman who interviewed me was vocal about wanting to hire me. I received a call about a week and a half later asking me to come in for orientation the next week. I had made a list of possible interview questions and compiled answers for all of them, which definitely helped in preparing me for the interview.

Technology Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Office Depot in February 2015.

Called me at 6 pm and scheduled an interview at 1pm the next day very polite and related my experiance in the work force to the position talked for about 20 mins then did background check

Interview Questions
    • what technology information do you know   View Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Office Depot.

We just talked about what was expected of me. From interaction with customers, sales on technology items, and meeting goals. I had experience working retail and she hired me on the spot for the Tech Depot department. Its a good job but I recommend you be a peoples person.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Office Depot.

Walked in store after seeing the ad and was told I should apply online. Called me within the week and interviewed next day by one of the store manager. I did a personality survey at their print center before I left. Got a call that I was accepted later, and went in to sign paper for drug and background testing.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you notice another associate was trying to steal something?   View Answer
    None. I know it was entry, part-time customer service at big box with no experience, so minimum wage.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

Process took over a month. Applied online and then received a phone call and then everything went from there. Just had to be patient. They have a lot of people applying so they are straight to the point.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, just be yourself and answer the questions as if you were actually dealing with a costumer. Lots of questions of "what if..." scenarios with dealing with people.   Answer Question
    None, take it or leave it.....

Claims Manager Interview

I only got to my initial phone interview and decided that based on several factors, this company was NOT for me. The corporate recruiter failed to call me as scheduled a few times. When on the phone, she started going thru my work experience, but it was quickly evident that she didn't understand the terminology she was using and didn't understand the position. She then reads off a paper to give me very general information about the position, but doesn't ask if I have any questions. She makes assumptions about my work experience because she doesn't understand the position she's recruiting and the call ends. I found it to be a poor experience overall. No respect for my time when setting up a phone interview and not calling (several times) and I got the sense that she thought I was desperate for a job or something. I rescinded my application about 30 minutes after getting off the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your previous work experience...we went position by position.   View Answer