OMD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Digital Interview

Assistant Digital
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OMD in March 2013.

Interview Details Very straight-forward process, which is refreshing in a market where employers are paranoid. The HR director was very nice. If you get a call for an interview - make it count! It is a great company and one of the best places to work for young people.

Interview Question – Very in-depth questions about your role on particular jobs, prepare well in advance.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD in November 2010.

Interview Details This interview was pretty standard for any type of media agency. I was expecting some sort of media test (every media related interview I had previously consisted of a test), but it was just a question/answer interview.

There were two people from HR interviewing me at the same time, which is quite common, EXCEPT one of them just sat there in silence. Barely spoke one word to me. So I found that to be a little odd, and very distracting for me in terms of making eye contact with them even though it was the other person doing all the talking. Suffice to say I didn't get the job. The mute person really threw me off my game.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of questions about my past experiences, and wanted me to go into extreme detail about what I specifically did in my prior jobs.   Answer Question

Media Buyer Interview

Media Buyer
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD in October 2008.

Interview Details I submitted my resume and within a few hours had received a call from HR. They were very helpful and flexible seeing as i was at my old job and could not speak publicly around co-workers. I went in the next day for an interview which was very comfortable and did not find any issues with the process. A few days later i met with the group manager for another interview geared more towards work experience and daily tasks. They called me back wihtin a few days and offered me the position.

Interview Question – What accomplishment am i most proud of?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave a broad range and was able to negotiate to what i was looking for. If you can't get what you're looking for. Suggest that you will take their current offer, but only on the condition that you can re-evaluate in 6 months.

Media Supervisor Interview

Media Supervisor
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD in July 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by an OMD recruiter. We had a phone interview and I went in the next morning to interview with the director and associate director. They were great about answering my (many) questions. They were also very respectful of the fact that I needed to keep the interview to an hour so that I could get to work on time. The whole process was very professional, courteous and efficient.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Digital Assistant Interview

Digital Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details they took me into a room i met with the assistant, a planner, a supervisor and the global director. it was a standard interview, if they like you they hire you if not you're out of luck

Interview Question – biggest weakness   Answer Question

Trading Assistant Interview

Trading Assistant
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OMD in April 2014.

Interview Details Human Resources will contact you regarding an interview. Once it is set up you will get a confirmation e-mail with interview details as well as a PDF of the job description and duties. Interviewed by two people with questions about previous experience, skills, personal traits and how and why you'd be a fit into the team. Also asked typical questions such as your strengths, weaknesses and where you see yourself in X amount of years.

Interview Question – After the interview they give you a written test with media-related and maths questions. When researching in the lead-up to the interview, I focused more on the media side of things and sacrificed the maths side. Also, I hadn't completed maths questions in an test setting since I left school so I could have done a lot better.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD in March 2010.

Interview Details The HR department was extremely kind and moved rather fast to get in me to meet the right people. All individuals were very engaging and made me feel very comfortable. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Question – The most difficult question included scenarios pertaining to difficult clients and how I would manage them. It's always hard to speak poorly of past experiences in a job interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was great. HR moved fast and was able to accommodate my requests.

Assistant Strategist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details Met with a variety of teams, was asked standard interview questions throughout.

Interview Question – Where do you think digital media is headed in the next five years?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details After submitting a resume, a representative from HR contacted me on the phone asking to discuss my work experience. Following the initial conversation with HR, they then have you come in and speak with members of the team that has the vacant position. I spoke individually with four different team members, each a higher level than the other. The questions were primarily fit related, which may have been unique to me as an entry-level candidate.

Interview Question – How would you design a media plan for peanut butter?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Administrative Analysis Interview

Administrative Analysis
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details I applied online and received an email back within a week. They were very easy to work with. My resume was passed along quickly and I felt welcome. I a quick couple of phone interviews before heading into the one-one interview. The questions were basic and asked lots of situational questions.

Worked for OMD? Contribute to the Community!