OMD

33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Digital Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OMD in March 2013.

Interview Details Very straight-forward process, which is refreshing in a market where employers are paranoid. The HR director was very nice. If you get a call for an interview - make it count! It is a great company and one of the best places to work for young people.

Interview Question – Very in-depth questions about your role on particular jobs, prepare well in advance.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD in November 2010.

Interview Details This interview was pretty standard for any type of media agency. I was expecting some sort of media test (every media related interview I had previously consisted of a test), but it was just a question/answer interview.

There were two people from HR interviewing me at the same time, which is quite common, EXCEPT one of them just sat there in silence. Barely spoke one word to me. So I found that to be a little odd, and very distracting for me in terms of making eye contact with them even though it was the other person doing all the talking. Suffice to say I didn't get the job. The mute person really threw me off my game.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of questions about my past experiences, and wanted me to go into extreme detail about what I specifically did in my prior jobs.   Answer Question

Media Buyer Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD in October 2008.

Interview Details I submitted my resume and within a few hours had received a call from HR. They were very helpful and flexible seeing as i was at my old job and could not speak publicly around co-workers. I went in the next day for an interview which was very comfortable and did not find any issues with the process. A few days later i met with the group manager for another interview geared more towards work experience and daily tasks. They called me back wihtin a few days and offered me the position.

Interview Question – What accomplishment am i most proud of?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave a broad range and was able to negotiate to what i was looking for. If you can't get what you're looking for. Suggest that you will take their current offer, but only on the condition that you can re-evaluate in 6 months.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD in March 2010.

Interview Details The HR department was extremely kind and moved rather fast to get in me to meet the right people. All individuals were very engaging and made me feel very comfortable. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Question – The most difficult question included scenarios pertaining to difficult clients and how I would manage them. It's always hard to speak poorly of past experiences in a job interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was great. HR moved fast and was able to accommodate my requests.

Assistant Strategist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details Met with a variety of teams, was asked standard interview questions throughout.

Interview Question – Where do you think digital media is headed in the next five years?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details After submitting a resume, a representative from HR contacted me on the phone asking to discuss my work experience. Following the initial conversation with HR, they then have you come in and speak with members of the team that has the vacant position. I spoke individually with four different team members, each a higher level than the other. The questions were primarily fit related, which may have been unique to me as an entry-level candidate.

Interview Question – How would you design a media plan for peanut butter?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Administrative Analysis Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details I applied online and received an email back within a week. They were very easy to work with. My resume was passed along quickly and I felt welcome. I a quick couple of phone interviews before heading into the one-one interview. The questions were basic and asked lots of situational questions.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OMD in May 2012.

Interview Details The interview process was generally positive. The HR Director was quick to respond, followed up and a delight to work with. I spoke with 3 team members on the account that I was interviewing for. Questions made sense for the interview, there was nothing too difficult that caught me off guard. Very standard. All 3 people were easy to talk to and it seems like a great work environment.

Interview Question – What is your favorite command on excel?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details Great to work with HR (until they moved me around to different reps, the last of which never responded to my follow up even though I was told to contact that person). The interviewers themselves at the lower levels were very uninterested in what I could bring to the table with my own experience, just seemed to be looking for someone who wants to sit at a computer and crunch numbers. Which is definitely part of the job, but I felt that they were completely unimpressed/questioning my interest in the company from the beginning. You can definitely get a sense of whether or not this is the right place for you from the interview though, as I did.

Interview Question – What was your favorite part of your past job?   View Answer

Assistant Strategist, Digital Interview

Assistant Strategist, Digital

Interviewed at OMD

Interview Details Three 30 minute interviews. Each interviewer had his or her own interview style. One was more traditional in asking to go through various experiences I had listed on my resume. One was more animated and asked some more random questions about life outside of work experiences. One was quicker and only had two simpler questions.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that you haven't yet told to the other two interviewers.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for OMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OMD interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews are posted anonymously by OMD employees and interview candidates.