OMD Interview Questions

Updated 20 Mar, 2015

2.7

Assistant Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at OMD (Toronto, ON) in March 2013.

Interview

Very straight-forward process, which is refreshing in a market where employers are paranoid. The HR director was very nice. If you get a call for an interview - make it count! It is a great company and one of the best places to work for young people.

Interview Questions

• Very in-depth questions about your role on particular jobs, prepare well in advance.   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD (Toronto, ON) in November 2010.

Interview

This interview was pretty standard for any type of media agency. I was expecting some sort of media test (every media related interview I had previously consisted of a test), but it was just a question/answer interview.

There were two people from HR interviewing me at the same time, which is quite common, EXCEPT one of them just sat there in silence. Barely spoke one word to me. So I found that to be a little odd, and very distracting for me in terms of making eye contact with them even though it was the other person doing all the talking. Suffice to say I didn't get the job. The mute person really threw me off my game.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about my past experiences, and wanted me to go into extreme detail about what I specifically did in my prior jobs.   Answer Question

Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD (Toronto, ON) in October 2008.

Interview

I submitted my resume and within a few hours had received a call from HR. They were very helpful and flexible seeing as i was at my old job and could not speak publicly around co-workers. I went in the next day for an interview which was very comfortable and did not find any issues with the process. A few days later i met with the group manager for another interview geared more towards work experience and daily tasks. They called me back wihtin a few days and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment am i most proud of?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave a broad range and was able to negotiate to what i was looking for. If you can't get what you're looking for. Suggest that you will take their current offer, but only on the condition that you can re-evaluate in 6 months.

Media Planner Interview

Interview

Two one hour interviews: one with direct supervisor and another with VP level. after two or three weeks, got a call from HR with an offer for the position. Interview questions didn't ask about previous experience. Rather, they were positioned more for that of an entry-level job.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you made a mistake and corrected it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OMD.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with two people, one in English another in Spanish and another interview with the rest of the team (one in Spanish the rest in English) Normal behavior interview questions ( strengths, weakness etc)

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at OMD.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a day to schedule an interview. Process took about a week. The interview was very laid back, met with 3 directors of the team and they asked mea bout my past experiences and interests, the typical walk me through your resume kind of deal. Nothing too industry related. Interview lasted about an hour and half. Heard back from HR the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set figure

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

Interview

I was referred to this job from a friend who works at OMD. They scheduled an interview immediately and my interview lasted 2 hours. I met with 4 people from the team that I would be working on. They gave me an overview of the client and the agency. Very nice, laid back, and informative. They asked me about my experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to go through a relevant project I had done from start to finish.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to OMD late November and contacted HR one week later. I was scheduled to interview with OMD in December, but managed to interview with OMD in January.

I arrived 5 minutes early and waited 15 minutes. The interview process was broken down into two parts.

Round one lasted 10-15 minutes with one team member, and the second round lasted 10 minutes with two team members.

First round was okay. The interviewer seemed antsy and ready to leave. However, the company culture is entrepreneurial spirited but laid back.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were standard interview questions such as-

1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. What are your interests?
      3. Walk me through your resume
      4. Why are you interested in this position?
      5. Are you proficient in excel?

Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OMD (New York, NY (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Process was relatively fast. Spoke with the HR department and was brought in for an interview. Interview lasted about an hour and met with multiple team members. Was told upon the interviews conclusion that I would be hearing from them in the near future.

Interview Questions

• General questions: What are your strengths and weaknesses, describe your resume, etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed with department head as well as supervisors on available accounts. Received call from HR department within the following day letting me know i was offered the position. Started at the job 2-3 weeks later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations approached