OMD Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct, 2014

2.6

Assistant Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at OMD in March 2013.

Very straight-forward process, which is refreshing in a market where employers are paranoid. The HR director was very nice. If you get a call for an interview - make it count! It is a great company and one of the best places to work for young people.

Interview Questions
    • Very in-depth questions about your role on particular jobs, prepare well in advance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD in November 2010.

This interview was pretty standard for any type of media agency. I was expecting some sort of media test (every media related interview I had previously consisted of a test), but it was just a question/answer interview.

There were two people from HR interviewing me at the same time, which is quite common, EXCEPT one of them just sat there in silence. Barely spoke one word to me. So I found that to be a little odd, and very distracting for me in terms of making eye contact with them even though it was the other person doing all the talking. Suffice to say I didn't get the job. The mute person really threw me off my game.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about my past experiences, and wanted me to go into extreme detail about what I specifically did in my prior jobs.   Answer Question

Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD in October 2008.

I submitted my resume and within a few hours had received a call from HR. They were very helpful and flexible seeing as i was at my old job and could not speak publicly around co-workers. I went in the next day for an interview which was very comfortable and did not find any issues with the process. A few days later i met with the group manager for another interview geared more towards work experience and daily tasks. They called me back wihtin a few days and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • What accomplishment am i most proud of?   View Answer
    I gave a broad range and was able to negotiate to what i was looking for. If you can't get what you're looking for. Suggest that you will take their current offer, but only on the condition that you can re-evaluate in 6 months.

Assistant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

Interviewed with department head as well as supervisors on available accounts. Received call from HR department within the following day letting me know i was offered the position. Started at the job 2-3 weeks later

no negotiations approached

Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD in July 2014.

I was contacted by an OMD recruiter. We had a phone interview and I went in the next morning to interview with the director and associate director. They were great about answering my (many) questions. They were also very respectful of the fact that I needed to keep the interview to an hour so that I could get to work on time. The whole process was very professional, courteous and efficient.

Digital Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD.

they took me into a room i met with the assistant, a planner, a supervisor and the global director. it was a standard interview, if they like you they hire you if not you're out of luck

Trading Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD in April 2014.

Human Resources will contact you regarding an interview. Once it is set up you will get a confirmation e-mail with interview details as well as a PDF of the job description and duties. Interviewed by two people with questions about previous experience, skills, personal traits and how and why you'd be a fit into the team. Also asked typical questions such as your strengths, weaknesses and where you see yourself in X amount of years.

Interview Questions
    • After the interview they give you a written test with media-related and maths questions. When researching in the lead-up to the interview, I focused more on the media side of things and sacrificed the maths side. Also, I hadn't completed maths questions in an test setting since I left school so I could have done a lot better.   View Answer

Assistant Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

Met with a variety of teams, was asked standard interview questions throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think digital media is headed in the next five years?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD.

After submitting a resume, a representative from HR contacted me on the phone asking to discuss my work experience. Following the initial conversation with HR, they then have you come in and speak with members of the team that has the vacant position. I spoke individually with four different team members, each a higher level than the other. The questions were primarily fit related, which may have been unique to me as an entry-level candidate.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a media plan for peanut butter?   View Answer
    There was none.

Administrative Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

I applied online and received an email back within a week. They were very easy to work with. My resume was passed along quickly and I felt welcome. I a quick couple of phone interviews before heading into the one-one interview. The questions were basic and asked lots of situational questions.