Novatel Wireless Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

2.8

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Novatel Wireless in October 2010.

Interview process is pretty simple. Meet with several of potential peers. There are several questions pertaining to though process and some experience questions.

Interview Questions
    Quick and over the phone. When I accepted I didn't know there is room for negotiation.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novatel Wireless in August 2011.

2 phone interviews, 8 round of face to face interview ,It was more technical. all interviews were very technically sound.

Software Engineer II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novatel Wireless.

telephone screen and onsite

as per market

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Novatel Wireless in January 2008.

The interview process at Novatel Wireless was predictable. I met with my hiring manager in product management, with human resources and with some other groups - program management and engineering. The teams wanted to make sure I was fit for the job and the climate was very positive and open for discussion and questions.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall the specifics, this was over 5 years ago. However, I recall the questions about my knowledge of manufacturing being the most difficult. In 2007, it had been over 8 years since I had worked in a group that did manufacturing.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novatel Wireless in September 2010.

on-site interview consist of two 1:1 interviews. started around 10am until 1pm. Met with the director then with the group manager and members.
    mostly talked about their products. Asked few technical questions... nothing out of ordinary.

no negotiation!

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Novatel Wireless in February 2010.

Applied online and received email from hiring manager to set up phone interview within the next day. Phone interview went well, the hiring manager was very professional and said they would contact me to set up face-to-face interview. Within 7 days their admin sent me the interview schedule to take place in 7 days. Face-to-face was with VP SW Engineering, HR manager, hiring manager (Dir. PM). Was professionally greeted by receptionist who was aware of my interview. Within a few minutes the HR manager appeared to show me to the interview room. The VP was late so I used the in-room phone to call the HR manager up. VP then showed. He looked rather young-ish. Asked the routine questions a developer asks a PM. Then interview with HR manager. He told me all about the company and all the great benefits. For me this was a little premature, they should wait with this for the second round. Final interview with hiring manager. Hands-on in his office. Good questions on my skills. I was the last of four candidates to be interviewed. After about 14 days received email from HR guy that they had extended an offer to another candidate, which is usually the case if you don't hear from the employer rather soon after interview. I guess my experience did not match what they needed.
    Looked like a nice company and people, all employees walking around looked rather content. Office space, however, was rather dark and cramped.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or difficult questions. As always, they wanted to learn about my experience to see if it matched their requirements.   Answer Question

Worked for Novatel Wireless? Contribute to the Community!