Northwestern Mutual

Northwestern Mutual Sales Interview Questions

2.4

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Very relaxed 1:1 interview we walked through my resume and she asked why I was interested. She explained the training process to me and we hit it off.

Interview Questions

The position just wasn't for me

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Sales Interview

You will have to develop a list to cold call.

Wasnt what i wanted

Sales Interview

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2012.

Took 3 weeks just to get the second interview. I then was notified that my income would consist of the sales I made to my immediate personal network. The third interview was scheduled for 2 weeks later, so I dropped out of the interview process as I'm not going to take three months to complete all five interviews for a job where the salary is dependent upon my own personal network.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about your family (ages, year in school, hobbies, etc).   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2012.

Having a connection to the company, I was able to meet directly with the managing director of the branch I would have been at. It's very much a personality thing. If you can talk and get on well with people you'll be fine. Answer basic questions that an interview would involve, but primarily why NWM and why you'd be good at it.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2011.

First interview was over the phone, second interview in person with HR, after second interview they email you some links to a series of tests/ questionnaires. They will ask you to disclose all of your personal assets/liabilities.

The person from HR was nice, personable, and well informed about the different "levels" within the company. The second interview was scripted.

Pay is 100% commission

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in September 2011.

I received a cold call from a recruiter and was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was very invasive of my personal and family life although both interviewers were very nice. The culture in the building seemed to be varied. There were people in suits and ties, and people in jeans and t-shirts in the same office. I was asked to fill out some forms before the interview and ultimately declined to continue the process.

Sales Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in August 2011.

Met with company at Job Fair, provided my resume and talked about possible positions related to finance. I was called in for an interview about a week later, but for a sales position, not a finance position. Interview consisted of fairly standard questions regarding strengths, weaknesses, desires, etc. I was also asked about my personal network and how many people I knew had life insurance.

Interview Questions
    • How many people do you know personally with life insurance?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2011.

Everyone was very nice, the recruiter i talked to at my career fair was the same woman that did my one on one interview. She asked basic behavioral questions and expected you to go in depth with them. ex: name one of your weaknesses.

Interview Questions

I had to get all my clients myself and I wasn't comfortable doing it

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2010.

The interview process was fairly standard, however the thing that bothered me was that they constantly asked for information from friends and family. At two different interviews I was asked to make a list of peoples contact information so I could "get a sense of the job." However it seemed like they were more interested in the selling them insurance. If you can't handle 100% commission and having to sell out your friends and family don't bother.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to overcome a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2010.

The company came to speak at my college, and we were asked to fill out a personality test and contact information if we were interested in the company. A few days later I was contacted and asked to come in for an interview. I went in a few days later, and the interview was great. Everyone was so friendly and the interview was not in a stressful environment. After speaking for awhile we both realized that the job wasn't a good fit for me, but they kept my resume and have kept me updated with other openings with the company ever since.

Interview Questions

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!