Northwestern Mutual

Updated 15 Oct, 2014
Updated 15 Oct, 2014

2.4

Full Time Job Interview

Go to stamford for interview. I have read a lot of things about them, both good and bad. From reading it looks like a 100% commission job, buy glassdoor.com says salary plus commission. Guess I will find out during the interview. I would imagine that it is up to me to supply any and all leads for business.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

2nd Interview round, met with district manager...pretty relaxed interview, but asked me questions about parents which i did not quite like...only asked a few previous experience questions and why i wanted to work in the financial services industry...rest of the interview was him explaining life insurance and how NWM operates

Interview Questions

Salary is only commission, entry level a bit too independent for me

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through my university and was scheduled for a phone interview shortly after. The interview was really basic. A few days later, I got invited for a second round phone interview which was essentially just like the first one. The third round was in their office. For that round, I had to deliver a presentation about the company and why I wanted to intern for them.

Interview Questions
    • Why Northwestern Mutual and how will we benefit from having you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through my school website and was contacted about 2 weeks later. I went to their office and was interviewed there. As far as I know, the interview process consist of 3 stages. You will be asked to put a list of 5-10 people in your network down.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I had three different interviews with three different managers. Each one was in a different department and the reason why they said they did that, was to see if all the managers thought that I would be a good fit for the organization.

Interview Questions

When I asked the question, "how do you generate your leads?" They could provide me with a direct answer

Post GraduatePosition Interview

It is a 3 step Interview process. The first interview is very basic; a precursor to see if you qualify for the next two. Questions about you, your personality, etc. There is also a detailed overview of the company, and if you pass the "personality assessment test" with a 70% or above, you will be invited back. The second interview is you giving a presentation to two or more Northwestern Mutual employees, on Northwestern Mutual. I am in the process of preparing for the third interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions. Be prepared to answer questions about yourself, and some questions like, "if you were to start any business, whatsoever, what would it be and why?".   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

NMN reached out to me through the campus online recruiting website and asked me if I would like to have an interview with them. We had a phone interview since I wasn't able to be on site. The interviewer started the interview with several questions regarding to my family background, which made me a bit upsetting. But other than that everything went well just make sure you know the company well.

Interview Questions

The position is called Financial Rep but it's actually more like a sales job, which is not what I was looking for.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Was referred by a friend. Went for an initial interview and received a call for a second interview about a week later. Both interviews were very behavioral and personality based. Made it to the final interview in which you must give a 5 minute presentation about yourself. Overall a very pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • None to really speak of. The only section that I found slightly confusing was actually talking about insurance. But you will learn all of that in training.   Answer Question
    No negotiating involved.

Financial Representative Interview

Emailed regarding a summer internship to a local recruiter who then called to get to know me a bit better. There is also an online personality/sales test that you must take to see your dynamic and for them to see how you would fit with the company. Met with them at the career fair to get a little more information about the job. Set an interview for a couple of weeks later.

Financial Representative Interview

Very friendly, and basic interview structure. General questions (biggest weakness, strength, etc) Process took 2 interviews the second one I had to present a PP for a board of recruiters. Fantastic place to work