Northwestern Mutual

Updated 28 Jan, 2015
Updated 28 Jan, 2015

2.4

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Applied online and was asked to take a personality assessment before I talked to anybody. After that, I was granted an in-person interview. They asked very typical questions, such as "Tell me about yourself", "Tell me about a time when", "Why does this position interest you". Finally, I was extended an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I was familiar with their business model, which I was not.   Answer Question
    I negotiated the salary slightly. They seemed flexible enough. The benefit packed was pretty good, so I didn't comment on that.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I met some recruiters at a career fair in school, they seemed to be having some trouble attracting interested people, but we had a good talk and they pursued an interview. I talked with the regional intern director on the phone for 40 minutes or so, she got back to me a few weeks later and offered an interview at the prospective office. That second part was a huge waste of time, they were trying to sell the internship more, I don't think they even asked any questions.

Position Interview

Easy to get the interview. Signed up at a career fair, called me for a 1st round a few weeks later. Told me I had a second round, but only if I bring information for 60 of my friends who might also be interested. Basically they make you sell life insurance.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Nice people. 3 round interview process. First one is a get to know you. Second is where they tell you more about the job and give you some homework. Third, is an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult thing you had to over come in your life?   Answer Question

Not the format of compensation I was looking for.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Went through three rounds of 1 on 1 interviews with the college recruiters. The company is looking for competitive personalities. Before the last interview, you are required to get information from friends and family that will later be used as a base for your first potential clients.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions. Just basic questions about you and your resume.   Answer Question
    None

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Applied online. Had a phone interview first and then an in-person interview. Very straightforward, talked further about my resume and asked a few questions about the internship. Then they asked me to meet a person higher up the ladder and prepare a powerpoint presentation on why I wanted to work there. They never ended up asking me to present one. The third and final interview was face-to-face and a short 20 minute discussion after which they usually offer you a position.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Just prepare a little about the insurance and wealth management industry.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Was more of a sales pitch to me rather than an interview. Seems like they take any person who applies off the street and hands them a job. Also gave me a packet to write down 100 names of friends and family that I would later be trying to sell insurance to. Bad gig in my opinions.

Interview Questions
    • There were very few questions, maybe 2 questions off my resume.   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Went to the first interview. It was very basic and friendly. They just wanted to get to know you before the second interview. There are a lot of questions that require you to use adjectives to describe yourself.

not for me

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

The office seemed very professional and I had a rest interviewer, a very nice guy, and he really sold me on the company, I'm looking forward to an internship with them and and working with this staff.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

They do not provide sponsorship for work visas. The interviewer was friendly and asked basic behavioral questions. The inter viewer asked to walk through the resume and asked about skills I mentioned on my resume.