Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

They seemed really eager to have me join their team, but then you realize that they are eager for *anyone* to join their team because the role of the intern is to get 100 of their friends and family to buy insurance. I don't understand why they have everyone pretense in going through their interview process when the only question that matters to them is whether you have 100 contacts.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could develop a list of 100 people that I could communicate with about NW mutual   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Intern Interview

Interview

There were three interviews. The first as a standard interview. The second was with the internship manager. The third you have to give a presentation on the internship to the manager.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA (US)

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (North Andover, MA (US)).

Interview

I submitted a small profile to a recruiting site and was contacted in less than 24 hours. It seemed desperate to call back that soon. I was then asked to come down for a group interview in one of the offices where 6 of us were shown a PowerPoint and then given separate time with the recruiter for one on one time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is made up of 3 separate interviews/sessions. The first one is a group information session over a conference call watching a presentation on gotomeeting. Following up from that presentation you must do a separate application process of answering questions provided.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was an average one. It was done by Skype, but they told me that I would be selling insurance only to my friends and family which was a turn off. Then had to complete a personality quiz which they reviewed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

three round of interview, first round is just basic to get to know you
    second round is bring your marketing survey(ask people about your investment choice)
    I didnt get to the third round

Interview Questions

• Give five names that you can think of to talk about insurance product   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Skype interview which included the standard interview questions. Then there was an in person interview which followed the same style. Overall, fairly simple process. Offer was given within a week. I interned with them for 1 summer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Wellesley, MA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

So this was a really chill and easy process. They will call you on the phone and talk to you for a bit, then invite you into the office. Once in the office they will give you a brief 30 minute fit interview, mostly explaining the internship. I did not pursue it further because they ask you to fill out a sheet with your potential market aka your friends and family. I did not feel comfortable doing that.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newport Beach, CA (US)).

Interview

Was chosen by a campus recruiter. They were extremely nice and outgoing. Everyone who works there is vey friendly and always willing to help you with anything you need. Great work environment and very flexible with school and other job schedules.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I met some recruiters at a career fair in school, they seemed to be having some trouble attracting interested people, but we had a good talk and they pursued an interview. I talked with the regional intern director on the phone for 40 minutes or so, she got back to me a few weeks later and offered an interview at the prospective office. That second part was a huge waste of time, they were trying to sell the internship more, I don't think they even asked any questions.