Northwestern Mutual

Updated 22 Sep, 2014

2.3

140 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

The hiring process seemed a bit mechanical or robotic. They get you in and out as soon as possible. They don't seem to really want to get to know the person, but rather how that person is going to make money for the company. The culture seemed a little bit like a "boys club."

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see your success coming from in 10 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Intern Interview

The interview process was a series of three interviews, each becoming increasingly more in depth until I had convinced them I was the right man for the job. They looked at my history, my connections, my parents jobs, among other things. It required a fingerprinting, background check, and the likes.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would go about cold calling someone, which took me by surprise.   Answer Question
    I was given no negotiation, as it was the standard college-student internship position

Intern Interview

I was given a two stage interview. The first was largely behavioral and I was sent home with a "homework" assignment to find 100 potential clients. I did not feel comfortable asking my parent's friends for contact information to be cold called for policies so and declined the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • All very straight forward questions. i.e. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Three interviews. All very easy and laid back. Was basically offered the position immediately. This is a good experience for kids who don't need the money to work. They really want you to succeed because if you do they make lots of money. They have flawed methods of trying to build networks. Just using friends and family is not the way to go.

All commission. Not very good experience unless you want to sell life insurance which by itself isn't that lucrative.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Had an over the phone screening. Asked to make sure I was interested in the position. Face to face meeting lasting an hour. Asked basic questions such as where do you see yourself in the company etc. Also asked my business plan and who I would call in the area.

Interview Questions
    Nothing is really negotiable.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

3 step process, pretty straight forward, Got the internship and accepted. Room to be extremely successful if you set your mind to it. I met with the partner of the firm and he was a really laid back guy. Gave me stats on salary percentage of the office, I was blown away and motivated to pursue my career here!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, mostly straight forward interview based questions.   Answer Question
    They congratulated me, and I met with the partner of the firm, really cool guy and look forward to meeting him more then once.

Intern Interview

interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2014.

I first received a phone interview from a recruiter, fallowed by an in person interview with a previous top intern. They want a list of 100 to 200 names of potential clients before the intern starts. I wasn't interested.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic tell me about yourself questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

It was a pretty easy interview, but afterword you are given an assignment to complete where you must interview people about their financial information. After this there will be another interview/ presentation.

Intern Interview

The interview was very laid back and simple. Most of the questions were easy and more behavioral based. They ask questions about your extended network of potential clients. The interview takes place at the NWM office, and if you're accepted they send you a project 100 assignment which makes you fill out prospective information about your family and friends. Second interview is after that and pretty similar.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Called to set up in person interview with manager, once they decided if you were a possible fit, they scheduled another interview with a manager to gage your interest and see if you were the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • basic question, asked about background and future aspirations.   Answer Question

Unpaid.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!