Northwestern Mutual

Updated 24 Sep, 2014

2.5

293 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Representative Interview

Very friendly, and basic interview structure. General questions (biggest weakness, strength, etc) Process took 2 interviews the second one I had to present a PP for a board of recruiters. Fantastic place to work

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Three interviews in total. Your given some homework to complete but its very simple. You are required to submit a background check which is understandable considering its the financial services industry. One phone interview and several one on one interviews with your hiring manager.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mishawaka, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN (US)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Was contacted via email by the local recruiting agent. Have gone through two interviews. First interview was just asked a few behavioral questions and then got a chance to ask some questions about the position. After that they sent me an easy 15 minute online assessment (pick the words that describe you best, etc.) and once I submitted that they invited me back for a second interview. This one was more behavioral and personal questions. At the end the interviewer gave me a packet of mini-cases to do and said that if I like these then this job will be a good fit for me and we can discuss getting you the position. If you hate the cases then this will be a very bad fit for you. She was very friendly and made sure to emphasize that I should be honest with myself because this is the type of position where if you try to force yourself into it when you don't fit there you will certainly fail. Overall a very relaxed interview process. You can definitely tell from the way the interviewer talked though that the financial representatives need to be very driven.

Interview Questions
    • What was your parent's parenting style like and how do you think that affected your development and who you are today.   Answer Question

I don't think this position will affect my personality very well. Additionally, I do not think I will be in the area very long and all the work I'd do in my first year or two would then be wasted.

Financial Representative Interview

Applied through college, got an email about an onsite interview in a week. The interviewer referred me to a different position that she thought would be a better fit for me. I agreed to apply to that position. Followed up once but didn't get any response.

Interview Questions
    • How would your peers describe you. I didn't prepare for this question and got a little nervous so I said people would say that I'm nice.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

first stage for interview was behavioral questions. the hiring recruiter just wanted to make sure i had interpersonal skills. entire interview took 30 mins and was very straightforward. the first stage is just to set you up for the next interview where they give you an assignment to complete by next interview.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

A recruiter came to the college I was attending. The head of the insurance department gave my name to the recruiter. I interviewed mainly to get some interview experience. The job was a full commission job and they were going to rely on me to sell insurance to my friends and family to start "my business".

Interview Questions
    • Please provide a list of 100 people you would contact about selling insurance.   View Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Typically 3 interviews and the second is usually a group interview with a few others to bounce questions and thoughts around and determine if it is a fit. Final interview is where you get the offer.

Financial Representative Interview

There are 3 rounds of interviews. On the first interview, you are asked basic questions about your resume. It's fairly easy. It's just to get to know more about you and your personality. In the second round interview you are given market surveys that you must complete. The goal of the market surveys is to see if you are actually fit for a sales position. You have to call up all your friends and family and ask them some questions and ask them for referrals. In the last round you present your findings and prepare a PowerPoint presentation based on questions they ask you.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I applied online and received a phone call the next day. They asked me to come in for an interview the next day. When I went in for the interview, they asked me what I am looking for in a career. I told them that I was not looking for any sort of sales position. I didn't like the idea of selling insurance to my friends. They told me to go ahead and take the homework assignment, which is making a list of people you know who you can sell insurance to. I did not feel comfortable doing that, so I said no.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied for an internship, had a phone interview then led up to a face to face interview in a small room. basic interview questions. what are you strength and weakness, why you, what are you highest achievements. then after asking the questions they would ask you if you know what you are in for and if you would be able to commit for the job. also asks for a submission of your class schedule too

Interview Questions
    • will you be able to fill out a list of 100 contacts and submit it by next week for review?   Answer Question
    you make what you put in. commission based and weekly stipends from development meetings

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!