Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr, 2015
Updated 14 Apr, 2015

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Phone interview (took 1 hour), in person interview (took 45 Min), presentation (must be 5-7 minutes, given to a financial representative and a recruiter. Topic is a 4 question outline, provided by interviewers.)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Three steps,
    1. Phone Interview
    2. In person group interview
    3. Rhino Project

Great Interview process

Very nice people and easy to communicate with

Felt like more of a conversation to get to know eachother rather than an interview

Very professional, especially at their office in Illinois

Overall, smooth interview process

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable asking people questions face to face?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Manchester, NH (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview due to not being able to make the date they originally wanted to do the interview. My second interview was at their manchester office. The woman I interviewed with was extremely nice and very insightful. She certainly got me excited to work for northwestern mutual.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had a goal and you failed to reach it? Why didn't you reach your goal, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Ask you to complete a survey where you find 30 people to grow your book of business. Process takes about 1 month. It is a good internship if you are expecting to cold call a lot of people and are really interested in working as a financial representative.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very lengthy, 3 stage process to become a sales person. At stage 2 you will be required to create a Skype presentation. You are then expected to make a list of 200 people that you can contact at the 3rd stage of the interview and then interview 6 people; 2 friends, 2 referrals, and 2 strangers about their financial status.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

3 Separate interviews were needed during the process. First was very basic, second interview asked many of the same questions, some a little more in depth. Before you're third interview you are required to survey 10 family members or friends and present your findings.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview process is professional. Beginning with an introduction presentation in a big meeting room. After presentation, all candidate filled out an question sheet with some questions about yourselves. Then, the recruiter gave out one general question for everyone to answer. People take turns to answer this question in front of each other in the room.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Thorough. They conduct 4 interviews with various people around the company. You get a good idea of what it takes to succeed there as well as what they expect of you. Assessments are given throughout the process and they review these with you. You get the sense that they wouldn't bring you back for multiple interviews if they didn't think you were a good fit. That is confidence alone when they bring you on board.

Interview Questions

• What is a major accomplishment that you were proud of, professional or personal, and why?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

After the application process a recruiter reached out to me for a 1-on-1 interview. Afterwards I was called back for a Skype Interview in which they briefly my responsibilities. Got a call back a week later with an offer. They were both very laid back interviews, friendly people that just wanted to get to know your personality.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very well. The first step in the process was a phone screening. The recruiter asked basic behavioral interview questions. It was a very conversational interview as well. The interviewer was very interested in me but preferred that I applied next year for the same position because they were looking for someone with a little more college experience. The recruiter was really nice and wants to continue to keep in touch throughout this next year.