Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr, 2015

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

It was a 1 on 1 phone interview. Met some reps at a college job fair and was contacted by HR within a week from my desired working location. The interview was very easy going and the interviewer allowed me to easily keep the conversation flowing. It was laid back and the tone was conversational rather than interrogational. We spoke mainly about my experiences with a former employee and what I learned from those experiences.

Interview Questions

• Former employer. More conversational interview than interrogating me with questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Interview was held over the phone, very standard questions, i.e. your background, experience, why would you like to join Northwestern Mutual. Interviewer was very laid back and just asked questions, none of which were challenging. Seemed more like a personality test than anything else. However, position seemed to be more of a sales/business development position than analysis.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Asked several questions about yourself, and what you know about the job and the company for first interview. Then, if you pass, you have another interview where they learn more about you.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

It was a very friendly interview, more about getting to know me and what my goals were rather than cookie-cutter interview questions, although there were a few thrown in every now and then. I was asked about how I felt about sales and starting with insurance, which I am not entirely sure I want to be involved with but I said I wouldn't have a problem with.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of so far in your life?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied to multiple locations through their post on a college job board. I spoke with a recruiter from Manhattan. She asked if I plan to move to the area after graduation and if I knew a large network of people there. If you tell them that you know a lot of people with money in that area I'm sure they'll offer you a position.

The recruiter didn't mention anything about the responsibilities of being a financial advisor. As well, in the informational email she had sent me it states that their wealth management services are outsourced to a different branch of the firm. Really what I assume you would be doing is trying to sell life insurance policies. Another student I know worked there and tried selling me life insurance last summer. The job sounds pitiful.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very easy, basic questions about yourself, laid back. They did me three interviews. the first one was to know me. The second was with a financial advisor, to know the job and ask him questions. The third one you have to do a project.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

They do not provide sponsorship for work visas. The interviewer was friendly and asked basic behavioral questions. The inter viewer asked to walk through the resume and asked about skills I mentioned on my resume.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

They called me in for two interviews. They told me they would get back and utterly ignored me! I did a lot of driving, interviewing and testing. They then just flat out ignored me and refused to respond. I spent over an hour and a half each time interviewing and was told they went well.

Interview Questions

• They have a very friendly interview process. They just became utterly unresponsive. They have me travel over 100 miles total round trip, go through 2 and a half hours of interviewing, taking an hour an a half of online testing and told me I would hear the early part of the following week. Not only did I not hear back, but they did not respond to several calls and emails. I felt very disrespected and that they at the west Los Angles office are very unprofessional for the above facts.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2014.

Interview

Reached out to Northwestern. Revived a phone call to speak preliminary with a recruiter. Basic conversation about company and position. Fill out survey about characteristics and what your natural market is.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just asked questions more based on personality on to see whether or not youd be a good fit.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

This is not a Financial Advisor role. There is 0 base salary, and you get commission for selling insurance. I applied and got an interview almost instantly. After 5 minutes into the interview I could tell it was for selling insurance.