Northwestern Mutual

Updated 17 Sep, 2014

2.6

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

College Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I first approached a recruiter for Northwestern Mutual at my College's Career Fair. After a quick meeting the next day in starbucks, the recruiter referred me to the head of the college program. I had several rounds of interviews with him, both over the phone and over skype. He asked personality questions, a few questions about my experience, and questions in order to figure out my ability to work as a financial representative. Between the two interviews, he had me do some "homework." I had to ask 10 people what their view of a financial representative is and what kind of experience that they have had in the past with people in the financial world.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I applied through my university and the process took about a week. I was first called by the recruiter to set up an interview. When the it was time for the interview, the recruiter was casual and very approachable. However, I did not feel comfortable continuing to the second round of interviews since it required me to present them a list of my contacts so I can sell them insurance once I began the internship.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very casual and the interviewer seemed asked question about how you could sell an item.   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in June 2014.

It's a three step process. There is an initial interview, an interview with your potential mentor, and a final interview discussing your compensation and benefits at Northwestern Mutual. Between each interview, there is an assignment to complete which is reviewed during the meeting. Each interview typically lasts between 1- 2 hours and they are all 1:1.

Interview Questions
    • They typically ask behavioral based questions. Overall, great interview experience.   Answer Question

Bad timing.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in May 2014.

Very laid back. Interview was to test your knowledge but more importantly to test your personal skills. After getting offered was harder than the interview. You then have to take tests, fill out tons of paperwork, and do a lot of online nonsense. However, it is worth it in the end.

College Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I met a NWM recruiter during the career fair on campus. I was almost immediately contacted for a interview. I went through three separate interviews with three different people; never as a panel. The interview questions were not difficult, or unexpected. The hiring process took at least a month; before I was officially hired I had to become Life and Health licensed which took an additional two or three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach someone you know (family, friends, etc.) about purchasing life insurance?   Answer Question
    Since this was an internship there was no negotiation.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Got referred by a friend. Very easy interview. Mostly fit questions.

no negotiations

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

The interview process is just weeding out good from bad work ethic. Show up in a suit and tie, and you should be good to go. No need to know industry information, be as honest as possible. Be on time, and display confidence in the interview setting.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)

interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2014.

I reached out to Northwestern at my college career fair. It took them a month to contact me, and then I interviewed in my home city. They ask potential prospects to take a sales personality test and to compile a list of potential contacts. Personally, I was not comfortable in Northwestern, and I rejected an offer from them.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to interpret my personality test results and explain to them how I felt about the results.   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2014.

Three interview process. Basic. Met with recruiter, and managing directors. Talk about how you are unique in your ability to contribute to the growth and expansion of the company through your own market.

College Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I interviewed with them in September 2012. All of the questions were your typical behavioral questions. No insurance experience necessary because you will be taking a course in order to pass your licensing exams before you're able to start. Overall, very nice people that made me comfortable during the entire process