Northwest Airlines Interview Questions

3.2

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwest Airlines.

Went to an open house they were having. Talked with a recruiter and thought because of her body language I had blown it. A month or 2 later they called asking me, how would you like to be a flight attendant? I literally screamed into the phone. I've always thought I probably caused him some hearing loss.

Be very open and flexible. Show your enthusiasm! Flying is the BEST JOB in the world!

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Northwest Airlines.

Asked a bunch of customer service oriented questions. How would you handle a difficult passenger? Tell me how you would handle a difficulty crew member. They basically wanted to know how well you work with people. They were interested in whether or not you had any international travel, as well as interactions with diverse groups of people.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwest Airlines in June 2010.

Interviewed with Station Manger then with Global Sales Mgr

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwest Airlines in October 2009.

After you apply , if meets qualification they contact and set up interview, you will be tested on typing skills, computer and customer service questions

Interview Questions
    • You will have a very long interview and many customer service related questions, Give us an example of a difficult situation that you have encountered and how you handled the problem.   Answer Question
    They have a standard starting pay, and then you are given raises on a set schedule, there are bonus's you can earn as well.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northwest Airlines in October 2009.

Applied through school website. got interview in few weeks later 2008

Interview Questions
    • General question. How did you handle under the pressure?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northwest Airlines in August 2009.

General interview, asked about my background, and just a couple behavioral questions. Company is gone, so this probably doesn't even help anymore.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They stuck to their guns.

Equipment Service Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwest Airlines in November 2008.

the headquarters called me and said you have to go to Minnesota for drug test and second interview. they payed for everything, the advice i have for anyone is be prepared because they wanna do it fast and went you back home quick.

Interview Questions
    • what was the most difficult process for you   View Answer
    Nothing was negotiated, please ask all the questions about the job and think about what u really need from this job.

National Account Executive Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northwest Airlines in October 2008.

several one on one interviews with various managers (3 or 4)
    interview with hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwest Airlines in July 2007.

They started with an online application and questioneer, they then had a staffing company call and they did an over the phone interview, asking all the general questions most employers ask. A few weeks later they sent an email with the dates to choose from for an in person interview. The in person interview was in Boston at a hotel in the airport. There were many people and many interviewers. I was really nervous and I filled out another questioneer and they met with us as a group for general information then I waited for a one on one interview. I met with a gentalman Flight Attendant first who was extremely nice and helped calm me down knowing how nervous I was. I then went on to a recruiter (Dean)who was the nicest person. He began interviewing me and was just as reassuring as the previous FA, and emphasized how important it was to just be myself and be honest. I did just that and at the end of the interview he hired me on the spot. I was just about in tears and so happy and he was so great, he said,"do you need a hug" and I did I was just so happy. I was fingerprinted on the premises and also drug tested in their facility down the road. I had a hearing test, eye exam and then went home and waited for all of the tests to be returned and a phone call as to when I would start training in Minneapolis. I recieved the call 3 weeks later all my tests came back cleared and i would start training in September. I was very impressed with the whole interview process, everyone was extremely friendly especially in comparison to the other airlines I had interviewed with. I was thrilled to be an employee of NWA.

Interview Questions
    • You have 1 seat left on a flight, and you have 5 passengers waiting on standby, a military man in uniform, a pregnant woman, a woman and her infant child, an elite customer(one who is a frequent flyer of NWA), and a gentleman trying to go an see his ill sister. Who will be the one to get the empty seat on the flight, and why?   View Answers (6)
    There really was no negotiating, they have terms and contracts and you can take it or not.