Northrop Grumman

Updated 30 Jan, 2015

2.6

Systems Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Met the recruiters at a campus career fair and left a good impression, making sure to pick up a business card after meeting. Within a week I received a call about setting up an interview. The interviewer was friendly and asked about everything on my resume. For some of the projects he asked a little bit more about some of the technical details.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

It was all very professional and polished. Even though I literally knew I had the job, the HR recruiter, hiring manager, team lead, program manager and a couple of others still interviewed me and actually gave me a small written test on my Linux skills during the interview. They never gave away that I was a shoe-in for the job during any formal communications, and were very professional during the salary negotiation. I had one phone interview, then they flew me out for an in-person 4-hour interview with lunch at the location where I would be working.
    The first interview was the HR part, so he asked questions to see how I viewed my strengths and weaknesses and other questions related to working as a member of a team.
    The second interview was the technical part including the pop-quiz they told me I didn't have to take. I got the few pages done in 15 minutes and moved on.
    The third interview included a team lead from a different area whose sole stated purpose was to figure if my personality would fit with the other teams and team members. Then lunch. The interviewers met up later that day to review as a group and then shot an offer to me within a couple of days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a personal conflict you had with another employee and how you resolved it.   View Answer
    Short, not a lot of wiggle room, I was able to get a small sign-on bonus that they did not initially offer.

College Technical Interview

I lived within driving distance to the location at which I would be interning so I had an in person interview there with 3 engineers. They had a list of about 10 questions that they had to ask and they took notes. They were very easy to talk to and very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any technical questions, just mostly things like "Have you ever worked in a group where you had disagreements with a member of the group or you had different ideas, and how did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Initial phone screen with basic technical questions followed by a group interview. Large amount of technical questions with some questions on patterns. Interview was based around knowledge or .NET and C#.

Interview Questions
    • Detail questions on patterns. Honesty was greatly appreciate when answers were not known.   Answer Question

Industrial Security Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

The interviews were strange because I felt over-prepared. They were incredibly easy to talk to and were very relaxed on question asking. I had a phone interview and in-person interview happening simultaneously, therefore, it was a bit different than average.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to insert information about who you are and how you work because you will need to add input.   Answer Question
    Recent grad. Therefore, they were non-negotiable about the position.

Field Engineer III Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

On time. The boss was interviewing. The we're very personable but Straight forward . Asked experience questions. Talked about the job and explained so of the type of work. Pay attention to the job requirements when getting ready to interview.

Professional Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Met and spoke with an engineer at my schools career fair, scheduled an interview with him for the next day. After the interview spoke with HR onsite for administrata, a week later received a preliminary offer. A month later attended an onsite tour at NG, few weeks later I accepted their preliminary offer.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really have one as they were primarily interested in previous work I've done that seems to align with what they are looking for.   Answer Question

(New-Grad) Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Met different employees at various on-campus events. They were all engaging and helpful in helping me determine what area and positions I would be a good match for. After a career fair, got a call for an interview. Ended up interviewing with someone I had met previously at on-campus events. The time set aside for the interview was ~45 minutes and the atmosphere was friendly. The interviewer asked one or two technical questions and a few behavioral questions (describe a time you had a disagreement among your team and how it turned out, etc.). I definitely over-thought the technical question, but otherwise it seemed to go fine. At they end the interviewer informed me that there would be another round of interviews for chosen candidates.

I did not hear back from them after the interview. Followed up ~1 month later and still did not hear back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Given a digital modulation scheme (such as 16-QAM), what would you need to do to send the signal?   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Recruiter interest screen. Phone interview with hiring manager. In person interview with team and other hiring managers. Offer a few weeks later. It was a balance interview of technical and behavioral questions. Great interview process for sure.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

they came to campus's career fair, 1st day information session, turned in my resume, 2nd day got a call, 3rd day interview, 4th day got offer. Waited another week, then got email from HR. HR called and just to talk briefly, nothing technically or personally. But then still waiting for the investigation and drug test instruction.