Northern Trust

2.8

IB Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust in May 2009.

sat down for about 2 hours, didnt really feel like an interview at first. laster wel over an hour and a half. actually got to sit down with company ceo for about 40 minutes. very tough questions and little emotion at this point. Definitely took the fun out of it in the end.

Investment Operations Outsourcing Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust.

Applied for the position out of school and got a call from HR about 2 months later for an in office interview. Got to the office and had a 3 panel interview with the vice president and 2 team leads. Immediately started firing off questions regarding my background and they started to pry at details from my resume. Nothing too unexpected or difficult. They asked what a bond was and to name a stock. Pretty simple.

Investment Support Services Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

the interview process is pretty straight forward. However the hr response time is some what slot. if you are lucky enough to get an offer they don't budge in terms of negotiations. In terms of advice on how to interview it is pretty standard just be sure to use alot of the key words from the requirement sections of the search criteria

Interview Questions
    no room for negotiations. flat rate offer

Senior Consultant - Credit Risk Modeling Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust.

There were 1 screening phone interview with HR, 1 phone interview with a team member (not the hiring manager) and 1 on-site interview with 6 people. All that happened within 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • When the data do not have enough number of defaults, how would you build a default model?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

The interview process was pretty standard. First, I was contacted via phone for a 15-minute pre-screening interview. The recruiter was direct and courteous. Then a second interview (in-person) was scheduled. On the day of the interview, I met with the recruiter prior to meeting with the manager in charge. The manager was nice and very knowledgeable. Overall, the process was smooth and easy. The manager explained about the position and the duties of the position, as it was not clear in the job post. I was asked some behavioral questions and technical skills (nothing complex).

Interview Questions
    • How knowledgeable are you in Excel? Have you used VBA, Macros, etc?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Northern Trust in January 2015.

Applied through personal contact and through campus recruiting. Attended a pre-night session then had an on campus interview the next day with a woman from HR. After a few months I had a phone interview with the person I will now be working for. No technical questions, they just wanted to make sure I had an interest in finance and northern.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use your communication skills to explain a complex topic.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. $17/hour

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust.

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days.

Brush up your fundamentals well........be good with people part and technical skills both. So, first a technical round and then subsequent an HR round. Questions included different models of valuation,accounting and other stuffs. They also try to check your stress level so be patient and confident. Rest all is history!

Intern Interview

Phone Interview - fairly standard behavioural questions, nothing too unexpected. It was an easy process, as the HR lady was extremely helpful and told me what to prepare before the interview. process took less than a month.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which you had to use your communication skills in order to solve a difficult problem?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

1st round gd of my own topic..i spoke about FDI..all u need to show here is not much confidence.. Say in a simple way and even u do mistakes not a issue..
    2. Aptitude.. 60 ques n 60 min..all normall only..(maths.logical reasoning,grammar,passage writing.)
    3.Manager round..25 min..cleared n they said u r selected on d same day..
    Saturday was my interview nd monday was cald fr documentation.. Got call after a month for offer letter n joining.. Now completed 13 months..

Interview Questions
    • Mutal funds
      Shares
      All briefing of my resume..
      Little tricky questions on wat u say..

Answer Question
    Very good..

Analyst - Transfer Agency Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2014.

Interview Date : 22nd Nov 2014

No GD

First Round : Aptitude Test (Basic Quant, Verbal & Reasoning)(60 questions in 60 min)
    Need to know basics, then you can clear it easily.

Second Round : Technical Aptitude Test (Logical Reasoning, 1 essay (topic was bonded labour)) 30 min.
    If you keep presence of mind and thoroughly understands the questions, its a cake walk for you.

Third Round : Managerial Round
    Interviewer : 2 persons
    They will go through your CV. As i have 1 yr of experience, they ask me about my current job profile, how do I deal with my team, whts my strength, why they should hire me,. (Note: they will see your body language, your way of communication)

Fourth Round : Operational Round
    Interviewer : 2 persons
    They will ask you about handling stress, previous work related experience. Salary expectation. They will ask whether you can work in any shifts.

Last round was HR
    She just asked me about my current CTC and asked me send documents.

Note : As i am having work experience, they asked me only about my work. For freshers, i heard they asked abt company profile, some questions related to Derivatives.

Be confident, dont be nervous. Before going to interview, have breakfast.
    Interview timing for me: 9.00 to 3.30 pm (for 5 rounds)

Waiting for their call.

anyone has taken interview on the same date, let me know through comment section.

Interview Questions
    THEY ASKED ME TO SEND DOCUMENTS RELATED TO MY CURRENT JOB. STILL WAITING FOR THE CALL.