Northern Trust

2.8

IB Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust in May 2009.

sat down for about 2 hours, didnt really feel like an interview at first. laster wel over an hour and a half. actually got to sit down with company ceo for about 40 minutes. very tough questions and little emotion at this point. Definitely took the fun out of it in the end.

Financial Analyst Interview

1st round gd of my own topic..i spoke about FDI..all u need to show here is not much confidence.. Say in a simple way and even u do mistakes not a issue..
    2. Aptitude.. 60 ques n 60 min..all normall only..(maths.logical reasoning,grammar,passage writing.)
    3.Manager round..25 min..cleared n they said u r selected on d same day..
    Saturday was my interview nd monday was cald fr documentation.. Got call after a month for offer letter n joining.. Now completed 13 months..

Interview Questions
    • Mutal funds
      Shares
      All briefing of my resume..
      Little tricky questions on wat u say..
        Answer Question
    Very good..

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Very fun interview process. I met with two managers and two team leaders, which really gave me a good sense of who I would be working with on a daily basis.

Investment Rotational Track Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northern Trust.

On Campus interview which they read off a sheet of paper asking straight up behavioral questions. Nothing difficult. They would ask "tell me a time you have been challanged", "tell me a time you have ran into a problem with a group member and how did you solve it". Wasn't a very interesting interview because they just asked question after question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust in October 2014.

It was walk-in drive . first round was about writing about anything and speak the same for 2 minutes.
    they declared result their only . after that 2nd round that was aptitute test for 60 minutes which includes reasoning English and maths. 3rd round was HR round in which they as question like what is mutual fund,derrivatives, sebi,ect with explanation. and last round was managerial round.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust in October 2014.

Initial Brief phone interview - mainly about salary expectations. Two initial interviews (same day with different line managers) about previous work experience. They also shared details about position that was available. Second interview with Manager/VP more behavioral and awkward due to questions. No offer or communication yet (it has been days). I have inquired via email but no answer (2 days).

Interview Questions
    • What were items on your past job reviews that were listed as weaknesses or for you to work on.   View Answer

GOLD Program Interview

I interviewed at the Chicago Office during my internship with managers in the specific area I applied into. There was only on technical question and everything was behavioral. Most interviews were just conversations and not difficult at all.

Interview Questions
    • List off all the working capital accounts on a statement of cash flows.   View Answer

GOLD Program Interview

2 rounds of interviews before final decision. The process a couple of weeks. There were multiple interviews and a business case study. Most of the questions were behavioral, asking about why Northern Trust. A few basic market questions

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Northern is 40-70% contractors for IT, depending on project. There was only a recruiter interview and a phone interview with the hiring manager and the tech lead. Be prepared for long lead times (like 1 month). Their process is slow so don't get discouraged if it takes a while. Generally, many business processes at NT take longer than other large companies.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They did not really prepare anything in advance. Their questions just focused on confirming I have the background needed for the projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northern Trust in September 2014.

Group discussion was about Finance topic and very good and tricky aptitude test and requires common sense to clear aptitude and I cleared the both rounds and waiting for the HR call to go for next round interview.