Northern Trust Interview Questions

2.8

IB Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2009.

sat down for about 2 hours, didnt really feel like an interview at first. laster wel over an hour and a half. actually got to sit down with company ceo for about 40 minutes. very tough questions and little emotion at this point. Definitely took the fun out of it in the end.

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Northern is 40-70% contractors for IT, depending on project. There was only a recruiter interview and a phone interview with the hiring manager and the tech lead. Be prepared for long lead times (like 1 month). Their process is slow so don't get discouraged if it takes a while. Generally, many business processes at NT take longer than other large companies.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They did not really prepare anything in advance. Their questions just focused on confirming I have the background needed for the projects.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2013.

Very easy. All the basic questions you would expect in an interview. I had two over the phone interviews. The first was short, roughly 20 minutes. The second was a bit longer, roughly 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What surprised you the most about your internship experience last summer?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Northern Trust in April 2010.

Easy because I had a referral from a high-level current employee and the job was not a desired position. I got the job through a temp agency and was hired on a temporary basis until I was hired by the company three months later.

Interview Questions
    happened with the temp agency

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Northern Trust in May 2014.

Received a call for an interview a month after I applied online. Discuss salary w/HR over phone & then had 3 interview. Sent thank you emails along with a follow-up email weeks after the 2nd interview. No response ever received.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult. Questions were like explain your day-to-day work schedule? Any improvements you made that impact your current position? Do you work well with others...etc?   Answer Question

Fund Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Northern Trust.

went through a refferal. it has taken the whole day but with the result. there were 5 rounds of interview process. it includes one GD round, one written aptitude test, two technical rounds and one HR round.

Client Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northern Trust.

Really easy interview as it was for temp position. They only had few technical questions but mainly they where focusing on my personality. So the interview was one of the most pleasant this far.

Interview Questions
    • Do you understand what happens if company decides to split their stock.   Answer Question

US Securities Transaction Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2014.

Brief phone interview about salary expectations and schedule F2F interview. 2nd Interview with 2 team leaders. Standard interview, behavioral questions, nothing too difficult. Why you want to work for Northern Trust, why are you moving from your current job? Etc.

Fund Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Northern Trust in March 2013.

This was an off-cycle hiring, they started a new team and needed somebody on board immediately. First phone interview involved standard questions: Salary expectations and work type expectations. Second interview involved speaking with two senior members of the team. Very behavioral-based. The company is very courteous and fit-oriented.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical, mostly behavioral and very standard.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Makati City (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northern Trust in April 2014.

There would be 2 interviews, 2 exams, and a simple activity.
    1. Initial Interview - common interview questions are asked. Like stuffs about yourself, things you know about the company and the position you're applying for so you'd better be ready with your research here.
    2. Group Activity - I was asked to pic a topic and write an essay about it. Then we read it out loud one by one.
    3. Aptitude and Excel Exams - I accomplished this in a day. The aptitude test is easy but tricky and is time pressured, while the excel exam just comprises of some basic commands you can do on a spreadsheet.
    4. Final Interview - This one is a bit challenging because you'll be interviewed by managers or heads about the technical stuffs that you know. They asked me to define around 20 finance and accounting terms.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at all. It's like take it or leave it. But for fresh grads, their offer is tempting since the salary is really high compared to other companies that hire fresh graduates.

Worked for Northern Trust? Contribute to the Community!