Northern Trust

2.8

IB Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust in May 2009.

sat down for about 2 hours, didnt really feel like an interview at first. laster wel over an hour and a half. actually got to sit down with company ceo for about 40 minutes. very tough questions and little emotion at this point. Definitely took the fun out of it in the end.

Intern Interview

Phone Interview - fairly standard behavioural questions, nothing too unexpected. It was an easy process, as the HR lady was extremely helpful and told me what to prepare before the interview. process took less than a month.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which you had to use your communication skills in order to solve a difficult problem?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

1st round gd of my own topic..i spoke about FDI..all u need to show here is not much confidence.. Say in a simple way and even u do mistakes not a issue..
    2. Aptitude.. 60 ques n 60 min..all normall only..(maths.logical reasoning,grammar,passage writing.)
    3.Manager round..25 min..cleared n they said u r selected on d same day..
    Saturday was my interview nd monday was cald fr documentation.. Got call after a month for offer letter n joining.. Now completed 13 months..

Interview Questions
    • Mutal funds
      Shares
      All briefing of my resume..
      Little tricky questions on wat u say..

Answer Question
    Very good..

Analyst - Transfer Agency Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust in November 2014.

Interview Date : 22nd Nov 2014

No GD

First Round : Aptitude Test (Basic Quant, Verbal & Reasoning)(60 questions in 60 min)
    Need to know basics, then you can clear it easily.

Second Round : Technical Aptitude Test (Logical Reasoning, 1 essay (topic was bonded labour)) 30 min.
    If you keep presence of mind and thoroughly understands the questions, its a cake walk for you.

Third Round : Managerial Round
    Interviewer : 2 persons
    They will go through your CV. As i have 1 yr of experience, they ask me about my current job profile, how do I deal with my team, whts my strength, why they should hire me,. (Note: they will see your body language, your way of communication)

Fourth Round : Operational Round
    Interviewer : 2 persons
    They will ask you about handling stress, previous work related experience. Salary expectation. They will ask whether you can work in any shifts.

Last round was HR
    She just asked me about my current CTC and asked me send documents.

Note : As i am having work experience, they asked me only about my work. For freshers, i heard they asked abt company profile, some questions related to Derivatives.

Be confident, dont be nervous. Before going to interview, have breakfast.
    Interview timing for me: 9.00 to 3.30 pm (for 5 rounds)

Waiting for their call.

anyone has taken interview on the same date, let me know through comment section.

Interview Questions
    THEY ASKED ME TO SEND DOCUMENTS RELATED TO MY CURRENT JOB. STILL WAITING FOR THE CALL.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Northern Trust.

Very fun interview process. I met with two managers and two team leaders, which really gave me a good sense of who I would be working with on a daily basis.

Investment Rotational Track Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northern Trust.

On Campus interview which they read off a sheet of paper asking straight up behavioral questions. Nothing difficult. They would ask "tell me a time you have been challanged", "tell me a time you have ran into a problem with a group member and how did you solve it". Wasn't a very interesting interview because they just asked question after question.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northern Trust in October 2014.

It was walk-in drive . first round was about writing about anything and speak the same for 2 minutes.
    they declared result their only . after that 2nd round that was aptitute test for 60 minutes which includes reasoning English and maths. 3rd round was HR round in which they as question like what is mutual fund,derrivatives, sebi,ect with explanation. and last round was managerial round.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northern Trust in October 2014.

Details
    3.Manager round..25 min..cleared n they said u r selected on d same day..

Interview Questions
    • Mutal funds
      Shares
      All briefing of my resume..
      Little tricky questions on wat u say.

View Answer
    Very good..

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northern Trust in October 2014.

Initial Brief phone interview - mainly about salary expectations. Two initial interviews (same day with different line managers) about previous work experience. They also shared details about position that was available. Second interview with Manager/VP more behavioral and awkward due to questions. No offer or communication yet (it has been days). I have inquired via email but no answer (2 days).

Interview Questions
    • What were items on your past job reviews that were listed as weaknesses or for you to work on.   View Answer

GOLD Program Interview

I interviewed at the Chicago Office during my internship with managers in the specific area I applied into. There was only on technical question and everything was behavioral. Most interviews were just conversations and not difficult at all.

Interview Questions
    • List off all the working capital accounts on a statement of cash flows.   View Answer