Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 19 May, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Had to do three interviews, all of which they asked very similar, if not the same questions. Felt like a waste of time because they had written down all of my responses in every interview and it was like they didn't even read them before they did the next interview. I was so excited to work for this company but my third interview was difficult because the lady was so stern and emotionless. It was hard to have a conversation and be enthusiastic when the other person doesn't seem to care at all. Also, I went in for my third interview and nobody was there to interview me. Poor scheduling and overall just a waste of time. She said she would call me within 72 hours to let me know if I got the job. It hasn't been that long yet, but I already got a different job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Was a situational-style phone interview for a part time seasonal position I wanted over the winter break. I went through two phone interviews. The questions were vague and gave a lot of room for the interviewee to answer. I was asked about ten questions with the interviewer from human resources transcribing my answers for later reference.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you demonstrated leadership.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Bethesda, MD (US)).

Interview

I was recommended by a friend. I was told to apply online and then I received a phone interview. After the phone interview i was told to come in for another interview. The interview process was really fast.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied online and then came into the store for an in-person interview. The manager was nice and I felt comfortable. Dress business but trendy! They really want to know what you can bring to the company. They want someone who has wonderful customer service skills, and someone who will work hard and who has respect for their company and will be a positve representation of Nordstrom.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online, got called for a phone interview, then moved onto 1:1 interview which included tell me how would you sell this hosiery to a student that was visiting but went to school in New York?

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online. A few days later I received an email for phone interview. It went well and I was invited in for a live one on one interview. The process was very typical and similar to any other retail sales interview. The live interview was also very typical and similar to any other retail sales interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Summited resume online and attachment documents. After two weeks I received a response email requesting an in house interview. The Interview had basic questions. Very easy. one-on-one with the manager of the sales section.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied online through their website. Was e-mailed within a week inviting me for a group interview. Group interview was with about 10 other people. We got to speak with a few different department managers to see which area we wanted to work in and if we were qualified. Questions were basic-asking about previous selling experience, where you see yourself in 5 years, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you were part of a team and which part of the team were you?   Answer Question

I declined because I had another job offer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in January-2015.

Interview

Applied online and received response within two days to set up interview. Interviews were conducted in a round-robin fashion with three hiring managers taking interviewing a total of 9 candidates

Interview Questions

• The usual sales questions. How would you handle difficult customer. Some sales questions related specifically to Nordstrom products and services. The job posting did not mention the position was commission only - not until the middle of the interview was that mentioned. Also, age-ism was alive and well during interview...subtle comments were made. I politely excused myself from the second round of interviews   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applies online and was called back the same day I submitted the application. Originally I had applied for a lower position but after looking at my resume was asked if I would be open to applying as a sales associate. I was originally interviewed by the woman working in HR and she was extremely nice. She asked very simple questions. I was not able to move on to the second part of the interview since I had a scheduling conflict.

Interview Questions

• The only difficult question was why I was interested in Nordstrom.   Answer Question