Nordstrom

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Riverside, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details Quick phone interview on background and academics. 2nd interview was a group interview. 3rd interview was one on one with department manager.

Interview Question – Asked to pick out outfit and for interviewer during group interview. 3rd interview consisted of all the same questions from the 2nd interview, with a sales simulation at the end. Asked to pick an item from department and talk about its benefits.   Answer Question

Retail Management Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Interview Details The first phone interview is very basic. Just asked typical interview questions focused around customer service and sales especially. The interview lasted no more than 15 minutes, they basically are looking for you to show interest in sales and explain that you get along really well with people. Be prompt to answer the phone as they will call you on time as well.

Interview Question – When was a time that you had to take a leadership role?   Answer Question

Retail & Management Internship Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2014.

Interview Details First I got a phone interview and schedule a physical interview at the end of the phone interview. Physical interview at Nordstrom Downtown Seattle with three interviewee. They gave a brief introduction of themselves and started to ask questions on by one. Overall easy process at this stage with general questions and then move on to the second section with the stylist having the mock selling scenario. The stylist was very nice and guided me through the selling process with many information about her preferences. Got the offer through phone call within a month.

Interview Question – There are a;; general questions such as "have you in the leadership position and how do you see yourself in a team" "have you encounter an unsatisfied customer and how did you handle that situation"   Answer Question

Retail & Management Internship Interview

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details Phone interview screening and individual face to face panel interview

Interview Question – situational questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details Applied online, got an email for a phone interview within 2 hours

Interview Question – How do you feel about commission?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details Applied online at Nordstrom website, got an email about 3 weeks later to set up for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and the woman who interviewed me wanted me to come in for an in person interview. I set that date up and was confirmed with an email as to where this next interview was to take place.

Interview Question – What has been your most difficult task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Virginia Beach, VA (US)

Interview Details Applied online in early January, received an email about setting up a phone interview for late January. Nordstrom HQ rep called and we spoke for about 10-15 minutes. She then said that they would like to meet me and I agreed to meet in person in 2 weeks. Early in Feb. I met with HR and Managers for the Virginia Beach Nordstrom. It was a group interview with 7 other people. We were individually taken to interview with an HR rep, then do a styling portion with a department Manager (I was in Men's furnishings and had to style a man who was out on the town while on a business trip) then one-on-one with the Store Manager.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Retail Management Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details I applied online and received a phone interview about one month later. During the phone interview she asked me how I feel about working commission, why I want to work for Nordstrom and what are my career goals- easy, typical questions.

At the end of the phone interview she told me I have moved on to the next interview. I was scheduled for an in person interview 2 weeks later. There were 3 interviewers (HR manager and two department managers/stylists) as well as another interviewers for the sales demonstration part- they were all very friendly. You could tell that they loved the company that they work for.

They said I would hear back within 3 months.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did not reach a goal?
How do you stay up to date with trends?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Interview Details I schedule the date that I wanted the interview was on the phone. They I asked you the basic like why do you want to work for Nordstrom?, do you in some moment have to be the leader in work or in school?what do you think of customer service?

Interview Question – what are your goals in your life? & in Nordstrom?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details Apply through internet application. If you make it past that, you will have a phone interview. The phone interview is fairly short and consists of a few behavioral questions and common interview questions. It was not very difficult and it was comfortable. If you make it past that, you will have an interview in person at Nordstrom.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about teamwork. How do you feel working on commission?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nordstrom

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom Retail Management Internship interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees and interview candidates.