Nordstrom

907 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail & Management Internship Interview

Providence, RI (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview with basic questions.

Interview Question – Why you want to work for Nordstrom.   Answer Question

West Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was emailed back asking to complete additional information and another to attend a hiring event. At the hiring event all applicants and hiring managers introduced themselves, then managers took their prospective applicants to the floor for interviews.

Interview Question – What motivates you the most?   Answer Question

Store Support Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details They ask you how you would handle negative customer feedback, and they ask what customer service means to you. They also make sure that you are comfortable with technology and retail math.

Nordstrom Retail Sales Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2014.

Interview Details The phone interview was about 15 minutes and they ask you basic interview questions, and situational questions.

Interview Question – Name a time when your work was compared to someone elses work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I have not gotten the job yet, I still have to go in for one last interview.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details One general screening phone call with HR, followed by onsite meeting with HR. Onsite meeting with department manager as final step of interview process. Standard sales focused questions with a particular emphasis on the customer and how you would create the best possible service environment.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult customer service situation and the steps you took to work through it.   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details At the time I was hired, the interview process was very humane, and it was a conversation, not a hot seat interrogation. Very friendly and professional.

Interview Question – There were no trick questions. It was very straightforward. They had a need and I was the solution.   Answer Question

Nordstrom Retail Management Internship Interview Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

Interview Details The process took a little over a month. I applied in the beginning of February and they contacted me for an interview two days later. I lived out of the city I applied to so it was a phone interview. It was a basic interview with about 5 questions. Why do you want to work for Nordstrom? What is your background in retail? etc Then a woman called me two days later asking for a second interview and asked when a good time would be. I scheduled it two weeks later. This interview was more in depth questions. An example was Tell me about a time you did not have a happy customer? Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a dissatisfied customer? Then a week later, I received a phone call letting me know about the results. Only 10 people got a spot in the internship

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a hard time achieving a goal? How did you make it better and end up achieving your goal?   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details Phone interview was pretty basic! Normal questions to ask in retail positions. After a phone interview is an interview at HR and with the manager of the department. Then you might even be asked to meet with the store manager. All in all its important to be friendly and confident.

Interview Question – When was a time your work was compared to someone elses and how did it affect you?   Answer Question

Mission Viejo, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

Interview Details Apply online, they will respond after a few days

Interview Question – Mock Sale   Answer Question

Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details About three days after applying online i received a email asking me to confirm an interview date. One the day of the interview they asked me a series of questions and somehow I ended up getting my follow up interview immediately after, If this happens be prepared to be there for most of the day (this is good) . Some people got walked out of the building but they said that doesn't mean you wont be considered (fingers crossed for them). After I had finished with the whole process I heard back from them within a week for the position.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us. I always feel its a question where they want you to lie but If your just upfront and honest and don't give a generic answer you'll get a better response... or at least they'll remember you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them I was a student in the interview process so when they offered me the position they already expect some scheduling conflicts. If you now about something in advance... just tell they.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nordstrom

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom interview questions and advice. All 907 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees and interview candidates.