Newell Rubbermaid

Relevance Date Difficulty

FSCM Research Specialist Interview

FSCM Research Specialist

Interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid

Interview Details The hiring and interview process was good. I had a great interview with the person who would be my supervisor. The interview was thorough. Once the job was offered and I was hired they did a background check and drug testing. Everything went smoothly and the transition was easy.

Aug 18, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Glad to hear and welcome to the team!

SAP Analyst Interview

SAP Analyst
Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in October 2010.

Interview Details very short interview process as company was building its hq in Switzerland.
met 3 persons from finance EMEA Statutory Director - EMEA FP&A Director and CFO,
their need was very specific and my skills met them so overall very short and productive.

Negotiation Details – through recruiting agency but tough

Jul 31, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you decided to join us.

Intern Interview

Intern
East Longmeadow, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details It stats with a phone interview. Then I met with three managers internally for interview (each individually). After that, they offered a job over the phone. It was not a very difficult process.

Interview Question – Tell me what a V-Lookup is and how to do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as it was only an internship.

Jul 31, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you decided to join us for your internship!

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Huntersville, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2014.

Interview Details Initially had applied to company through online sources. It took a head hunter to get a foot in the door. First phone interview was with and engineering manager. Next was an onsite interview with upper team members (one on one). The questions were not bad. Included was a CAD test which I did poorly on. The laptop I was small and the color scheme settings were difficult to deal with in a well lighted room. (you might want to bring calipers). The expense reimbursement was slow - took about a month.

Jun 23, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Newell Rubbermaid! We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details Applied online via their website. Received a call in a few days for a phone screening with HR. Then a phone screen with the hiring manager. Final was an onsite interview in which I interviewed with about 4 people for 45 minutes each.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions were asked.   Answer Question

Jun 23, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Glad to hear that you had a positive interview experience. We're glad to have you join the team!

Claims Associate Interview

Claims Associate
Goirle (Netherlands)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2012.

Interview Details My interview was with the woman who became my boss. It was mostly just to make sure that I seemed like a fast learner who would be competent, capable, and get along with the team. There are the typical strengths and weaknesses questions, but they mostly seemed like a formality with the real objective being to try to get a sense of what kind of a person I was and what sort of employee I would be.

Interview Question – Which superhero would you be and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no room for negotiation.

SAP Security Intern Interview

SAP Security Intern
Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details I was solicited with the internship during a diversity career fair at the University of Georgia by a recruiter. She emailed me the next day and I interviewed with her over the phone. This interview was very basic and behaviorally generic. A few days later, she scheduled a phone interview for me with the SAP Senior Manager from their Internal Audit department. This interview was a little less behavioral and we casually discussed my experiences and educational background with internal controls. A few days after the phone interview, I was contacted by the recruiter again for an office interview. During the office interview, I interviewed with an HR representative, the VP of Internal Audit, then again with the Senior Manager.
I was contacted a few hours later when I returned to UGA with the offer for the internship.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you worked in a group and a group member was being difficult.   Answer Question

Brand Marketing Intern Interview

Brand Marketing Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details I applied through my school after hearing about the opportunity.

It was a longer process then I thought it would be (spanning over 3 months). There was the initial phone screening interview, a second phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews at their office. The face-to-face interviews were with three different people each time. This is because there were 3 different marketing intern positions.

Everyone I talked to and interviewed with are exceptional people. Smart, nice, creative, and innovative. The interview process (although I was a bit nervous) was smooth and relaxed. They made me feel welcome.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral and STAR questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in December 2013.

Interview Details Interview stages moved very quickly but all happened over the phone. Very informal.

Interview Question – No real interview questions were asked it was more of a conversation around the category performance and how we can build the brand. As the interviewee I did most of the talking   Answer Question

Sales (Retail) Interview

Sales (Retail)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2014.

Interview Details My interview process started in February and consisted of 2 rounds of behavioral interviews on-campus. About 3 weeks later, I received an email to attend final round interviews. Rubbermaid had a networking event the night before the interviews at their global Atlanta Headquarters. The day of the interview started with presentations from employees. Then there was a group presentation portion where they evaluated how we work with each other and present ideas to the group and employees. The individual interviews consisted of 3 rounds and were all behavioral based. I received an offer about 2 weeks after.

Interview Question – It was all behavioral and situational. A lot of questions revolved around strengths, responsibility, and ability to take initiative.   Answer Question

Worked for Newell Rubbermaid? Contribute to the Community!