New York Life

335 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New York Life.

Interview Details Applied online and received a phone interview.

Interview Question – Why New York Life?   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, scheduled phone interview in about 2 weeks. The interview is warm and professional. All typical behavioral questions. I'm kinda nervous and probably won't get to the on-site.

Interview Question – 1. Share a leadership experience.
2. Share an experience to use computer programming skills.
  Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Glendale, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied through a college career website and got a phone call 3 days after applying. Got invited for an interview with a partner to their office in Glendale,CA. The process usually consists of 3-4 interviews.

1- behavioral, just to get to know you. After it is over, you are supposed to take a "personality fit" test where they basically test your confidence and sales skills.
2- in depths, same as the 1st one but slightly shifted towards your personality
3- after you complete the "homework", given to you after the 2nd interview, you get invited to the 3rd interview.

The partner who interviewed me bragged a lot about the company which made me question the values and the culture of the firm. By the way he said they rarely give full time offers to their interns:)

Interview Question – Basic questions like "tell me about yourself", "what sets you apart from other applicants", "what are your main strengths and weaknesses", "how would your friends describe you in 3 words". Easy behavioral stuff.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not want to sell insurance and

Agent Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at New York Life.

Interview Details Applied through school. Several interviews before getting job offer. Driven but friendly environment.

Interview Question – What are three characteristics you have that make you good for this job?   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional
Glendale, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at New York Life.

Interview Details Was called back for interview two or three days after submitted my resume on my university's career center website. Office was very clean, and filled with very young-looking employees. Most were very friendly-- smiling and nodding to me as I waited near the front desk. Interviewer really only asked me one question-- "tell me about yourself. Take as much time as you think necessary." After this, he told me about the position, and asked if I had any questions. I asked several questions, and afterwards was shown to a computer where I completed a personality profile.

Interview Question – Only asked me to tell him about myself, and then asked me if I had any questions.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Insurance Sales Agent
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in December 2012.

Interview Details Met at job fair, was called to schedule interview couple days later. Recruiter seemed desperate to hire. Did interviews. Husband/wife team, appeared glamorous and kind as if your best interest was paramount to them. Had second interview with managing partner who broke down compensation some. Not forthright with how one is paid

Interview Question – Why isn't money the most important thing to you?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – None except school schedule

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
New York, NY (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at New York Life in September 2010.

Interview Details The interview process was pretty easy. As a college graduate economics major they seemed impressed. Met with the sales Manager and took a test based on your ability to succeed in the business. Did well on that and met with another manager . I was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Question – What would be my primary mode of prospecting. Also did I have a business plan . I did not and they said we would do that together.   View Answer

Sales Interview

Pomona, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at New York Life in January 2014.

Interview Details 1st interview today and I felt like I was being sold.

Interview Question – What is a road block for you?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in December 2013.

Interview Details I got reference and came in to have a interview with a partner. It was very straight forward. The whole process contain 4 interviews. In the first interview, they will ask you few question to get to know you and they will spend more time to tell whats going on in New York Life.

Interview Question – how would you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in December 2013.

Interview Details Applied through university career website, approved for interview request. Interview was simple, nothing really surprising, mostly behavioral questions. Called in for 2nd round interview at NY HQ. Orientation, lunch meet and greet, 5 one-on-one interviews for the duration of 4 hours. Mostly behavioral questions, with some specificity to the insurance industry.

Interview Question – What is statutory accounting?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't budge on salary since housing is provided at a local university

Interviews for Top Jobs at New York Life