New York Life Agent Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct, 2014

2.4

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Agent Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life.

Applied online, received a call from a manager about 2 days later, went in for an interview the next day. Very professional, yet relaxed interview that asked the standard questions. Took about an hour and a half, and had to fill out a personality test at the end. Very good experience, however I wasn't interested in the company and did not go in for a second interview.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Solid interview. Went for two meetings and after the second meeting I gathered all the information I needed in deciding that this was not a job for me. I was expected to work when I am away from work. Your free time and weekends are spent generating leads and socializing with clubs and local events.

Interview Questions

You generate your own business under the New York life name. No base pay strictly commission

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Three interviews first one you have to submit your information in order for them to perform a background check. 2nd interview they talk about compensation. third interview they offer you a job. If you show up to all three of the interviews and can pass a background check they will offer you a job.

100% commission don't let them let you think otherwise.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in June 2014.

I was referred by a friend in the company whose partner was hiring. 5 step process. Felt very good about the process, however I felt they put too much emphasis on the potential for income and not enough emphasis on what the job actually entailed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard personality questions nothing very technical.   View Answer
    no room for negotiation and no compensation until you prove yourself a valuable employee

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in June 2014.

Interview1: Introductions, just getting to one another.
     Interview2: Introduction to Products and how they are marketed.
     Interview3: Compensation Conversation

Be sincere, genuine, and a go-getter.

My recruiter was knowledgeable, professional, and easy to talk to. Does his job well.

Stiff. No Negotiation.

Agent Interview

Hiring process was simple and straightforward-met hiring manager at a networking event, and spoke to him a few times. Took a quick computer test and was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult--they only care about who you know so they can use you to get more business   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in April 2014.

The interview process is lengthy, but not difficult. First stage was a company presentation with questions regarding education, experience, and insurance or financial background. A little bit of family information questions were asked, but nothing prying or of a deeply personal nature. Second stage is the compensation overview. It took an hour and a half and it is quite detailed and fairly complex. I have not attended the third interview yet, which will be on the marketing plan and should take an additional hour. I expect an offer to follow.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question, but age old in interviews, that was asked was "tell me about yourself."   View Answer

Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Applied through school. Several interviews before getting job offer. Driven but friendly environment.

Interview Questions
    • What are three characteristics you have that make you good for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life.

I gave my resume to a head hunter at my university job fair and received a call a couple weeks later from a manager. First interview basic questions but vague about job duties. Declined second interview.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life in August 2013.

4 interviews with projects (homework) to prepare for the next. Your work must be satisfactory just to advance to the next interview. This involves interviewing family, friends, neighbors, and other acquaintances to prepare. They also test your skills to identify places or businesses as sales opportunities. One of the most challenging processes I've been through but the opportunity is great if it is a good fit for you. It turned out to not be for me.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, you start part time with no base salary, only commission.