Nestlé USA

Nestlé USA Interview Questions

Updated 20 Feb, 2015
Updated 20 Feb, 2015

Sales Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

On-campus interview with two graduates from the school I went to that work their. Sat down and got straight down to business with about 3-4 interview questions. Then they proceeded to give me a chance to ask questions. Very nice and polite, but didn't land another interview. They want to see some previous sales experience and try to relate things you have done to sales.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about 3 questions: explain a time you worked on a team and what was accomplished, what experience are you most proud of on your resume and why, what interested me such much about Nestle.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

I was contacted for a phone interview/screening almost 3 months after applying. Initial interviewer knew more about the role than I expected as it is difficult for HR to always know details of a particular position. I had a second phone interview and then only one in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • I always hate the question what is your salary, and this interviewer surprised me by asking this very early on and not at the end of the interview as is more typical.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Applied online and received an email asking for a 20-30 minute phone interview. The phone interview felt very casual, and I was asked relatively straight-forward questions. There was then time left at the end for me to take the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. They were all questions along the lines of "Tell me about a time when…"   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

All behavioral - no technical questions asked. Final round interview included three one-on-one interviews with managers and one group presentation about a prior project (academic or professional) relating to the job. Prepared prior to interview (~1 week).

Interview Questions
    • Scenario questions that test competency against internal behaviors (which are also used in performance evaluations)   Answer Question

Pre Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Applied online. Got call from screener about a month after who asked basic questions. Strangest one was how do you keep yourself safe? It was very scripted line of questioning. Scheduled interview with hiring manager for following week.

Not the right fit.

Internship Interview

They interviewed me on phone, was pretty normal, asked general questions about experience and told me about their manufacturing plant
    There was a panel of interviewers who interviewed me, it wasnt anything out of the ordinary

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

I was contacted by HR asking to set up a time to speak over the phone regarding this position and then after about half an hour talk he said that the engineering manager would have to decided whether he wants an interview with me or not. He got back to me the next day and said that the manager wanted to do a phone interview. Phone interview was super easy and not stressful at all, questions were specific but not difficult.....at the end of the 30 min interview I was told that I was selected for the final round of interview in person. I flew to IL and interview took about 3 hours with all behavioral questions. Everybody was really nice during the interview and I felt very comfortable talking to them.

Interview Questions
    • really no difficult or unexpected questions were asked   Answer Question

NDIC Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA in November 2014.

I first talked to the Nestle reps at our on-campus career fair and was invited to a on-campus interview the next day. The interview was behavioral, but difficult. It was 30 minutes long and was conducted by an HR person and a current NDIC trainee. They were very friendly and answered any questions I had about the process or about the program.

Next I had a phone interview. The phone interview was very similar to the on-campus interview, behavioral but difficult. It was with an HR person who was very nice and friendly.

You then are taken on a Shadow Day by a current DSL (this is what your role will be). You drive around with them all day and see what a day in the life is like. You go to grocery stores, the cross stock where the trucks are held, etc. This is where you get a great idea of what you will actually be doing. Keep in mind you have to get certified to drive a truck to be a DSL.

Finally, the final round was held in Chicago, IL at a hotel in the airport. It was an interesting set up, with current GMs, DSLs and ASLs from all over the country all inter-mingling with candidates. You were expected to introduce yourself to them and get to know them over dinner, breakfast, and lunch. There were 3 back to back behavioral interviews the second day, two with one GM and one HR person, and one solo interview with an HR person. The same basic (but difficult) behavioral interviews. The difficult part of this stage of the interview is the inter-mingling with the upper level management. It was pretty intimidating and difficult to be competing with the other candidates for attention the entire meal.

The only negative I have about this company and this process is the very end- waiting to hear about the decision made. I know without even getting the call yet, that I did not get an offer. That is fine, except the HR person in charge of letting me know has confirmed with me two different times when she would be calling and I have yet to receive a call. I think this is incredibly unprofessional and unfair on my behalf.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you relayed inaccurate information.   Answer Question

NDIC Field Operations Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I met the Nestle representatives at my college career fair. After speaking to all three Nestle reps there, I was invited to sign up for an interview slot the next day.

The interview was 30 minutes long with behavioral/situational interview questions. The interviewers made me feel very comfortable and were engaging. They did not try to be intimidating or scare me off. The questions were difficult, but I was able to answer all of them.

I found out shortly after that I had made it to the next step of the interview process, and I should expect to hear soon from another HR rep for a phone interview. My phone interview lasted around 45 minutes, and had very similar style questions to the first interview: all behavioral and situational.

A week or so later I heard back and was told I had made it to the final round interviews, and would hear more information about it soon. Before the final round interviews, each candidate has to do a "day in the field" with their local District Sales Leader. I shadowed my local DSL, which was very laid back but *still an interview*. I got along with my local DSL well, and I was happy to have been given a realistic job preview.

The final round of interviews was in Chicago. The first day is a meet and greet where you get to know the other candidates, as well as General Managers, Area Sales Leaders, and HR representatives. There is socializing, a presentation, and dinner. The next day, there are two 30-minute back-to-back interviews with an HR rep and a GM, and one 30-minute interview with a HR rep.

I was offered the job only a few short days after the interviews concluded.

The HR reps were extremely personable, reachable, and helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a co-worker suggested an idea that didn't make sense to you at the time   Answer Question

Technical Applications Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

First phone interview with recruiter then followed by phone interview with hiring manager and then onsite interview. Overall very smooth and organized. The onsite interview is several hours with different individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Alot of behavioral questions. Explain a time where you have to deal with challenging people. Explain a time when you make mistakes . Explain a time when you have ti make unpopular decisions.   Answer Question