Nestlé Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr, 2015

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé (Toronto, ON).

Interview

4 rounds in total. 1 - HR phone screen 2 - HR in person 3 - with BM and Director of Marketing 4- with senior leadership team

Interview Questions

• We are launching a new brand/category in a new market with no brand awareness - what would you go about the launch   Answer Question

Demand Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nestlé.

Interview

I was promoted from position to position, instead of going through an interview process. I feel the interview was relaxed and well conducted. I never had a panel interview, it was one on one, through the whole process.

Manufacturing Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé (York, England (UK)).

Interview

The application process is long and thorough. I really appreciated that, following the major stages, I received prompt feedback or guidelines for the following stages, helping me to develop and improve. Even though the process is very competitive, the environment is very chilled, as they try to put you at ease.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé.

Interview

First round was the video interview on Sonru. The interview starts with a video from an HR junior, setting up the next step which is 10 pre selected questions were asked. There is a set time given for each question to both read and answer. The video is recorded.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company, difficult situations you have been in and how you rose to the occasion. What was the hardest interview you have had.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nestlé (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in March 2015.

Interview

The test is started with a long application form, then Nestle will make an invitation to every applicants who passed the administration test.
    The first test is 3 Minutes Presentation (Interview). The Interviewer will ask you a random question, and then you have to explain the answer in 3 minutes. The test only wanted to assess your english fluency, so I don't think they consider the content of your answer. Just answer with confidence but don't forget the usual interview manner, then you will pass through the next step.

Interview Questions

• What was the most beatutiful experience you have ever experienced? or What is your biggest failure ever? or What is your greatest achievement? or Why do you choose this division? What do you know about it? etc.   Answer Question

P2P & Logistics Support Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé.

Interview

It was a group interview where we were observed by a few members of the team we would work with if chosen. We had a case of study we had to discuss among ouserlves for about 25 minutes and then after the disussion we had to chose someone to do a presentation.

We also had to talk a little about ourselves in English.

Intern Interview

Interview

I did an Online application with several questions, the next stage was numerical reasoning test and situation test, you would be given feedback on this quite quickly followed by a strength based video interview. The process for the online application to the interview just took two weeks

Human Resources Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé (York, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward recruitment process - online application, followed by a online tests, video interview and assessment centre. The video interviews are not particularly common with graduate programmes so naturally not my favourite to complete. However, this one was a very short (3-4 questions I think) strengths based interview with a technical question regarding HR at the end. My advice is to make use of all the time you're given and add something in the last minute provided for additional info, even if it is just a Thank you for considering my application.

The assessment centre was at York and Nestle pays for you to stay at a hotel the night before if you are coming from far, which was the case with me and pretty much everyone else at that assessment centre. The day started with an introduction session and a short game where we were split in groups with other graduates and assessors from Nestle and asked to talk about our proudest achievement from the past year. It was more of a exercise to get you started with the day but still worth saying something that would stand out rather than just where you got your degree from.
    Next I had the group exercise which wasnt much different that what I've done at other assessment centres - reach a solution on a given topic for the given time and then present it to the assessors in the room. Tip: make sure you keep and eye on the time as there are not watches in the room and the assessors dont warn you how much you have left.
    The written exercise was a business case about a new product launch that had nothing to do with HR. We had an hour to read through about 10 pages and answer 3 questions. I think some questions were just there so they can see if you managed to understand everything you read, whilst other required really lengthy and descriptive answers. I could have done with extra 15 minutes to write proper answers on everything.
    You were required to do some prework for the presentation but I didnt really see how it was relevant as all the information I think we needed was given to us on the day. After the presentation I was asked questions I thought were a bit too specific.
    The interview was about an hour long and strengths based again. This was the easiest part of the assessment centre for me as the woman that interviewed me was really nice and engaging.

Overall everyone was very friendly throughout the whole day. Between the lunch and the Q&A session organised, there was plenty of time to ask questions and get to know some of the people who are already doing the grad scheme.

I didnt get the job at the end but they did provided me with extensive feedback on my performance. What I found interesting is that they consider not only strengths and weaknesses you've displayed but also learned behaviour - as in you learned how to handle yourself in certain situations (e.g. a group task at an assessment centre) rather than to act naturally.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate people?
      How do you deal with challenges and setbacks?
      Would you be comfortable if you had to read a report on the market trends in the industry?
      What would you do if you were offered the job at Nestle and at another company at the same time?
      What other companies have you applied for?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?

Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Interview

Technical knowledge with series of interview in different department, plant tour interview from co supervisor manager director and hr manager and director. Exact fit is needed so meticulous interviews are set, drug test and allergen test are standard

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hard to negotiate

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé in January 2015.

Interview

I firstly applied online (Nestlé use Jobmi), answering questions about what I think about myself and how I get on with people. Nestlé are very much about finding friendly, enthusiastic people to join their company, so make sure you sell yourself! Then there was a Situational Strengths Test and a Numerical Reasoning Test. The NRT was one of the easier tests I took, there was no time limit so it keeps you calm. The SST is quite long, but does give you a good idea about what you would be doing at the company, and shows if you are a good fit for Nestlé. Then there was the video interview. The video interview is more strengths-based, so looking for you to show your skills. There were also a couple of more technical questions, such as about how a competitor has coped in the current climate. After that was the Assessment Day. This was the loveliest part of the process. I think it would be difficult to find a more relaxed, inspiring and enjoyable AC. Everyone was extremely friendly (both assessors and candidates). There was a nice warm up activity getting to know everyone, and then the main day was group exercise, written exercise, interview (2:1) and then a presentation. The group exercise was quite standard, having to choose strengths. The written exercise was just analysing some data, but again this wasn't difficult, I coped well without having a Business or Marketing degree. The interview was an hour long, but was really just about getting to know you as a person and went very quickly. The presentation was sent to me about 5 days before, so there was plenty of time to prepare, and the questions were really just about the Marketing function of Nestlé. I then got a phone call 24hrs later telling me I had got the internship!

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would help achieve Nestlé's core principles?   Answer Question