Nestlé

Updated 16 Jan, 2015

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé.

4 rounds in total. 1 - HR phone screen 2 - HR in person 3 - with BM and Director of Marketing 4- with senior leadership team

Interview Questions
    • We are launching a new brand/category in a new market with no brand awareness - what would you go about the launch   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Technical knowledge with series of interview in different department, plant tour interview from co supervisor manager director and hr manager and director. Exact fit is needed so meticulous interviews are set, drug test and allergen test are standard

Hard to negotiate

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé in January 2015.

I firstly applied online (Nestlé use Jobmi), answering questions about what I think about myself and how I get on with people. Nestlé are very much about finding friendly, enthusiastic people to join their company, so make sure you sell yourself! Then there was a Situational Strengths Test and a Numerical Reasoning Test. The NRT was one of the easier tests I took, there was no time limit so it keeps you calm. The SST is quite long, but does give you a good idea about what you would be doing at the company, and shows if you are a good fit for Nestlé. Then there was the video interview. The video interview is more strengths-based, so looking for you to show your skills. There were also a couple of more technical questions, such as about how a competitor has coped in the current climate. After that was the Assessment Day. This was the loveliest part of the process. I think it would be difficult to find a more relaxed, inspiring and enjoyable AC. Everyone was extremely friendly (both assessors and candidates). There was a nice warm up activity getting to know everyone, and then the main day was group exercise, written exercise, interview (2:1) and then a presentation. The group exercise was quite standard, having to choose strengths. The written exercise was just analysing some data, but again this wasn't difficult, I coped well without having a Business or Marketing degree. The interview was an hour long, but was really just about getting to know you as a person and went very quickly. The presentation was sent to me about 5 days before, so there was plenty of time to prepare, and the questions were really just about the Marketing function of Nestlé. I then got a phone call 24hrs later telling me I had got the internship!

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you would help achieve Nestlé's core principles?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé.

First i have an online application, then i received a phone interview. Then assessment center arranged the group interview. It inludes partner introduction, case analysis. The last part is the 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you think had the worst performance in today's interview?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Phone interview
    online tests
    one on one interview with manager
    all in all in to tok about 3 months from december to february.
    I suggest learning a lot of about their CSR
    I also reccomend learning about their brands

Lab Technician In Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé.

First interview online video interview: you log into your video interview then you are taken through a brief test to make sure you have appropriate internet connection, sound and video quality.
    You are then given the chance to do a practice interview. When you are ready you begin the real interview. You cannot stop or re-do the questions and you don't see the questions in advance. Once you the interview is over it is automatically sent to Nestlé.

Second interview on-site with a number of different people (scientists, HR).

Interview Questions
    • All questions where predictable, like:
      Please introduce yourself.
      What is your motivation to join Nestlé and particularly this group?
      How do you see the everyday job in the proposed role?
      What are your expectations and motivation?

Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nestlé.

Applied through campus recruitment, met with HR representative and passed CV to them.
    Waiting for two weeks and received phone call to invite interview at their Head Office in Bangkok.
    Asked to take English test paper based and interview with reporting manager for 30 minutes.
    Interview went fine and got an offer with reasonable starting pay in last two years ago. Medical exam sponsored by Nestle at collaborated hospital, didn't disclose what tests will be given.
    Took blood tests, X-Ray, Urine and other physical check. Unfortunately, I failed the medical exam followed by the call from HR that I am Hepatitis B virus carrier and unsuitable to work in food industry.

Intern Interview

2 rounds of interviews

First interviews asks why Nestle, what are you expecting to gain out of the internship, what do you know about the company, why do you believe we should choose you...etc.

Second interview was more of a competency based questions interview. Example would be tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult team member or tell me about a time when you had to take leadership initiative..etc.

None

Sales Leadership Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nestlé in October 2014.

The 1st round of interviews was just an 1 on 1 interview. My interviewer was very nice and gave me tips for the next round. A day in the field was next and that is basically where you spend 4 hours on the actual job doing what you would be doing you you received the job. The 2nd round was also an 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • What all did you learn about our company and the job position from the A day in the field?   Answer Question

Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nestlé in October 2014.

I was selected for first-round interviews with Nestlé and attended an information session at my university. The next day, I went through first round interviews. I thought it went very well but I did not get called back for second-round interviews. I was very well-prepared for the interview and asked sharp questions but the competition this year was very tough for a very limited number of spots.

Interview Questions
    • Some case based questions but mostly behavioral based questions.   Answer Question