Neiman Marcus

90 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in June 2012.

Interview Details great aptitude test, great personalized one on one training

Interview Question – I was okay just be yourself and be engaged when speaking and listening   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – what they offered versus what I wanted and what I was able to perform at that time.

Data Scientist Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in February 2013.

Interview Details The interview process was pretty good. Once the recruiter passed me onto the internal people, I think I had to wait 48 hours before I did a phone screen with HR, followed up with a phone screen with the hiring manager and a follow up with the department head. The 2 phone calls with manager and department head were technical and thought provoking to see how i thought and figured out problems; I'd call it standard as far as the questions asked nothing too hard or difficult to answer or work thru.

Interview Question – How to determine the size of a heel from pictures using computer analysis?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview Details Many interviews to get the job, most of the HR people were professional, little room for negotiation. The time frame did not take too long but others have told me they had to call them two or three times. They are mostly looking for presentation and an understanding of the luxury client.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was minimal, they have standard ranges they won't deviate from.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Interviewed at Neiman Marcus

Interview Details Robust interview process consiting of a couple days with a group of 20-30 oth candidates at the corporate office. A few different interviews, some tests, dinner with current employees of various levels. If you are accepted, you go through a 2-3 month training course with other candidates and then interview for multiple current open assistant buyer positions. Generally, most people that go through the training process are placed in an assistant buyer position.

Interview Question – Do you know how much money do you have in you wallet right now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at this level.

Clerical Interview

Bal Harbour, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online through Indeed. Received a phone call week and half later screened on the phone was setup for a face to face interview with HR rep.

Interview Question – Interview questions were basic.   View Answer

Director Interview

Director
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview Details You talk to the HR person. After that you meet with the Director. Then you meet with 2 to 3 VPs. It was important to know someone there. People are very respectful. The interview was very conversational. They did not do a group or panel interview. Once the offer was extended, there was a drug test. Then you joined the company and had an orientation class a few weeks into joining the company. There was also a skills test that was used

Interview Question – They asked about your biggest challenge and what you would do to overcome it. They also asked if there were any weaknesses.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Irving, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2012.

Interview Details I was contacted for a telephone interview about 2 weeks after submitting my application on-line through Indeed.com. After the telephone interview I was asked to come into the office for a second interview. While there in the office (after interviewing with the second in command) I had a telephone interview with the actual hiring manager. I was then asked - with no notice - to come in and meet the hiring manager in person.

Interview Question – The hiring manager was experiencing a real life issue and kept asking me how I would advise her to handle it. Although I gave her my answer, she asked again during our second meeting and then kept at me about it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Vice President DMM Gift Galleries Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview Details I had worked for Neiman Marcus prior for 10 years so was very well known there.

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult or unexoested questions.   View Answer

Work At Home Interview

Irving, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in January 2014.

Interview Details they ask basic customer service questions and i was at Walmart in line doing the interview

Interview Question – none very simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – dont be in school or working
be prepared for a drug test and bacground screen

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in September 2013.

Interview Details It was very good. Very enthusiastic and positive. Was an extremely positive process. I interviewed with a lady first who asked me general questions on my experience and she gave me a few scenarios regarding retail and customer service, then I had an immediate 2nd interview with the HR manager who talked with me for about 40 minutes. Mainly an engaging conversation on general

Interview Question – I was generally confident with the questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Neiman Marcus

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neiman Marcus interview questions and advice. All 90 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Neiman Marcus employees and interview candidates.