Neiman Marcus Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct, 2014
Updated 13 Oct, 2014

2.7

Senior Vice President, Direct/Online Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Too dated to be helpful. Asked basic questions, just wanted to see if you got retail and basic management expertise of your presumed job function. THen dragged out money part of offer and made big deal over token improvements.

Hard, th y low-balled and the. Promised to make it up with annual reviews. Then lucky if you got 2% even with very good year.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I had 3 interviews total- 1 with HR, 1 with the DM and the sales associate and 1 with the Director. Very straightforward interview questions, no nonsense questions like remember a time..... or how did you......

No negotiation

Visual Trimmer Interview

they don't respond if you did not make it for an interview. they only respond if you did. In my opinion it seems very difficult to get hired as a buyer there, you have to go to their HQ for the training and then work your way up. I have 2 degrees, one in merchandising and 1 in business and retail experience but I have not received word yet.

Beauty Adviser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Applied online, I got an interview within a week. Had two separate interviews,one with HR, and an other one with cosmetics manager, the interview went smoothly, they all really nice, no pressure at all, a week later had an other phone interview with product representive, I am still waiting for them to call...its been a week now....

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I applied online and was contacted by the end of the week via phone call, by the HR assistant. At this point I was briefly interviewed over the phone and asked why I am leaving my current job, why I want to work at Neiman Marcus and what customer service means to me. At the end of the call she said she'd love to have me come in for a interview. I then came in that next Wednesday for an interview with the HR manager and then she had me interview afterwards with 3 other people. At the end of this all the HR assistant said they'd be in touch with me. About 4 days later I was called and asked to come in for a second interview. During this interview they had me interview with a specific department manager they wanted to place me with and then I was given a tour of the store by this manager and then taken back to wait for the HR assistant again. She came in with an offer form and said they'd love to have me. I called later that day to accept the offer and she told me I would need to complete the drug test.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation they are pretty set in their offer.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in September 2014.

Interview was with two managers. Went great! Very friendly and detailed descriptions. Seems like a nice group. Asked typical interview questions. But seems very clicky. But other than that no problems.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that they try to make a sales associate position sound better by calling it a stylist.   Answer Question

not for me and commission pay.

N/A Interview

met many people lied about the numbers, basic questions, but you had to pass a test first before you can interview which is no indication if you can do job

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied to this position online and later that same day got a missed call from them. They did not leave a message, but when I called the number back and found out it was Neiman Marcus I asked to leave a message for H.R. I did not hear back, but since I am very persistent I called back a week later and left another message for H.R. This time she called me back and set up an interview with the Customer Service Manager. The interview went really well, but she said that she would need me to meet with H.R and her direct boss in Loss Profit and they were both unavailable that day. They could not get together to interview me for another week and a half. The interview with the Loss Profit manager and H.R both went very well also. H.R said she would be in touch with me the following week by Thursday. No call on Thursday. I called on Friday, and was offered the position "unofficially" since there is a background, credit and drug test to pass first. I made it aware multiple times throughout the interview process that I had some prior collection accounts on the credit report, but I had documentation to prove that they were settled and paid. A week after I was offered the position, I called HR to see if she had a status on the background and credit check as she said it would take 5 days. No call back. I was out of town that weekend, and when I returned home there was a letter in the mail from the company who completes the credit check. It stated that I had failed. The date on it proved that they had completed this days before I called and left the last message to H.R. I understand the need to check employees credit, but the fact that I wasn't able to prove that I had cleaned up my credit, or that anyone even bothered to call me to tell me I failed, makes me upset. I wasted 4 weeks pursuing this job. I wouldn't suggest applying to Neiman Marcus unless you have perfect credit.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were very easy and laid back. There were some of the typical questions, but mostly it was just a conversation between two people. Very comfortable.   Answer Question

Work At Home Customer Service Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I saw the listing on Career Builder and decided to submit my resume. After about a day or less I received an email instructing me to fill out the official Neiman Marcus application and to check my computer system for compatibility. A couple of days late I completed a phone interview.

My information was submitted for background and credit check.

I received a call directly from Neiman Marcus HR offering me the position, contingent upon clean drug test.

I accepted and had my drug test done.

I began training the following week.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Very professional HR staff that keep close communication with the applicants throughout the whole entire process. It has been a pleasure and honour to work for this company. I highly recommend this company.

Interview Questions
    They offered me more money than I originally asked for.