Neiman Marcus

Updated 10 Jul, 2014

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied to this position online and later that same day got a missed call from them. They did not leave a message, but when I called the number back and found out it was Neiman Marcus I asked to leave a message for H.R. I did not hear back, but since I am very persistent I called back a week later and left another message for H.R. This time she called me back and set up an interview with the Customer Service Manager. The interview went really well, but she said that she would need me to meet with H.R and her direct boss in Loss Profit and they were both unavailable that day. They could not get together to interview me for another week and a half. The interview with the Loss Profit manager and H.R both went very well also. H.R said she would be in touch with me the following week by Thursday. No call on Thursday. I called on Friday, and was offered the position "unofficially" since there is a background, credit and drug test to pass first. I made it aware multiple times throughout the interview process that I had some prior collection accounts on the credit report, but I had documentation to prove that they were settled and paid. A week after I was offered the position, I called HR to see if she had a status on the background and credit check as she said it would take 5 days. No call back. I was out of town that weekend, and when I returned home there was a letter in the mail from the company who completes the credit check. It stated that I had failed. The date on it proved that they had completed this days before I called and left the last message to H.R. I understand the need to check employees credit, but the fact that I wasn't able to prove that I had cleaned up my credit, or that anyone even bothered to call me to tell me I failed, makes me upset. I wasted 4 weeks pursuing this job. I wouldn't suggest applying to Neiman Marcus unless you have perfect credit.

Interview Questions
  • The interviews were very easy and laid back. There were some of the typical questions, but mostly it was just a conversation between two people. Very comfortable.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Neiman Marcus

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Neiman Marcus in August 2013.

After spending hours filling out the application on-line ( I was literally booted off 5 times after completing the entire application and had to start over each time!) I was called a few days later to set up an interview by phone. interviewer called 10 minutes past arranged time, but he was pleasant. I was asked quite a few questions and at the end was told that the interview went well and he was going to go ahead with a background and credit check.

I asked the interviewer if he had read my cover letter, which included the fact that my credit was marred due to an illness (and associated costs) a few years ago. He admitted that he had not and said that if it was up to him he would hire me right away, but that a credit and background check had to be done according to company policy. He said if I didn't pass their criteria regarding the credit check (over a certain amount of unpaid debt, I forget how much) then I would receive a letter in the mail. I told him to go ahead with it, despite my reservations.

A few days later I checked on their website and saw that I had "failed their background screening". Considering I do not have a criminal history, I am assuming this meant their credit check. By law, employers have to notify a job applicant if credit was the reason for their not being considered for a job...but so far no letter in the mail.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a customer was upset about something and you went above and beyond to help them.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in June 2012.

had an initial phone interview and then a in-person interview. Fairly easy process there always desperate for people

Interview Questions
    Base salary with an increase yearly

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2009.

The interviews were broken into two parts; part one was an introductory interview with the Assistant Human Resources Manager and part two was with the Operations Manager and Assistant Manager for the Customer Service Department. It was very basic and straightforward questions about my customer service skills and experience in retail.