Navistar Interview Questions & Reviews in Chicago, IL US

41 interviews

2.9

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warrenville, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL (US)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Navistar in June 2013.

Really easy. Phone interview and video phone interview, then it came the offer one month later... I interviewed with different program managers, and they call me one month later over the phone and made me the final offer. A really easy process...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Joliet, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Navistar.

Home office called me for an interview. No phone interview. Interviewed at Navistar, 4 person panel, star format, uptight situation. they were firing questions at me from every direction. They wanted specific examples of specific situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you have to get a team to buy in to your management style, how did you do it, what was the result. Every question was 4 - 5 parts.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Navistar in December 2011.

Constantly felt as if i was being grilled, Questions were excessively repetitive, Interviewers were not even in the the group I would be working for. Asked questions that were too personal. I had to explain my job history as if they had no idea it was a actual career path.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked me a questions that related to certain database and program that was not specific to my position and was hounding me as to why i didn't know how to use it and belittled me.   View Answer

Senior Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

interviewed at Navistar in February 2012.

SWOT analysis type interview and a technical round

Interview Questions
    • how do you mangage your failures and meet expectations?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in May 2013.

I was first called by one of the HR people and scheduled for a video interview. Performed a video questionnaire and then was scheduled for a live video interview with the team I would be working with. After the live video interview I received a call saying I received the position and their offer. After all that I had to have a hair follicle drug test performed.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating.

Engine Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Melrose Park, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Navistar in March 2013.

I was contacted in January for the position and was a current employee of the company at a seperate location. In February there was a phone interview, followed by a in person panel interview, which Navistar paid for my airfare.

Interview Questions
    • Very typical STAR interview. Unexpected question -"when was a time that you were stopped in your tracks, and what did you do?"   Answer Question

I intially accepted the offer and then had to go back on my acceptance, after being offered a better paying job a a different company.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Navistar.

Long process - interviewed over 4 months. Interviewed with about 6 managers.

Interview Questions
    • Typically behavior questions such as "Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?" Needed to answer based on SAR (Situation-Action-Result) model.   Answer Question
    It was driven by the hiring manager. She was tough and shot low for salary. I did get the signon bonus I requested.

Product Development Engineer, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Navistar in November 2011.

1 round of in person interviews - only behavioral questions. no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience where you had to deal with an unpleasant person/situation. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No scope for negotiation

FALD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in February 2012.

I applied through my school's career center and had one 30 minute, on-campus interview. The interview consisted of a few easy behavioral questions and one technical question regarding connections between the financial statements. I was called a little over a month later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the relationship between the balance sheet and statement of cash flows.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warrenville, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Navistar in May 2009.

Behavioral-based interviews. First a phone interview with recruiter/HR then with direct manager.

Interview Questions
    Yes there was some room to move on salary. Not much else.

Worked for Navistar? Contribute to the Community!