Navistar

2.9

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

FALD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Navistar in October 2014.

phone interview question was about 3 financial statements and one behavioral question. The 2nd round was much more intense. Wear a suit, no if ands or buts about that. Be prepared for 2 interviews. 2 vs 1 both times. One is behavioral and other is technical. They do technical first but don't think there is relief...like the hard part is over...bc the behavioral is just as hard. They give you case study and you get 30 mins to prepare all about cash. If you are going to prepare about this make sure you study factors of cash why it would increase and decrease and how it effects other accounts. The night before there is a mixer. You have the opportunity to talk to people in the program and the interviewers. The interviewers wont tell you its them but they seek you out so make sure you try to start a relationship with them. I know someone who did a very good job of this and got the job. Also, make sure for behavior you use STAR method. Always ask a question at the end of the interview.

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar.

Home office called me for an interview. No phone interview. Interviewed at Navistar, 4 person panel, star format, uptight situation. they were firing questions at me from every direction. They wanted specific examples of specific situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you have to get a team to buy in to your management style, how did you do it, what was the result. Every question was 4 - 5 parts.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar.

Long process - interviewed over 4 months. Interviewed with about 6 managers.

Interview Questions
    • Typically behavior questions such as "Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?" Needed to answer based on SAR (Situation-Action-Result) model.   Answer Question
    It was driven by the hiring manager. She was tough and shot low for salary. I did get the signon bonus I requested.

Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Navistar in June 2013.

Really easy. Phone interview and video phone interview, then it came the offer one month later... I interviewed with different program managers, and they call me one month later over the phone and made me the final offer. A really easy process...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar in May 2013.

I was first called by one of the HR people and scheduled for a video interview. Performed a video questionnaire and then was scheduled for a live video interview with the team I would be working with. After the live video interview I received a call saying I received the position and their offer. After all that I had to have a hair follicle drug test performed.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating.

Engine Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar in March 2013.

I was contacted in January for the position and was a current employee of the company at a seperate location. In February there was a phone interview, followed by a in person panel interview, which Navistar paid for my airfare.

Interview Questions
    • Very typical STAR interview. Unexpected question -"when was a time that you were stopped in your tracks, and what did you do?"   Answer Question

I intially accepted the offer and then had to go back on my acceptance, after being offered a better paying job a a different company.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Navistar.

straightforward questions from the resume .do thorough research on what is listed in your resume. they do not ask anything outside of it

if you are from an good university , they will entertain negotiations on salary and sign on bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Navistar.

The usual. Will get back to you whenever.

Interview Questions
    • None the bar for all jobs are so low the only difficult thing is dealing with it. When you see positive attitudes on the job position for a professional career thats a red flag to the environment of the place. Also dealing with ambiguity translates to everything is such a mess inside you most likely won't be able get anything because of it. Ambiguity here is not what ambiguity is else where. Think of it like this. You want water. Seems very basic and simple go to the drinking fountain. Here you have to find a shovel, start digging holes looking for water, then install the pump to the well, run the plumbing, install the fountain, then get your water. Translate that to your daily work and you can understand how bad even the simpliest task are. This will be for every task, not just the usual onezeezzzz twozeeezzzz people mean when they say we have that at our workplace. Its everything, this translates to why the quality is so bad. Also failed forced joint outsourcing to India really makes things worse.   Answer Question
    It was straight forward. Take this or leave, you maybe able to get another $3k. Primarily because they won't have anyone else for the job. Also they try to outsource jobs left and right claiming can't find an american. Really you can't find an american industrial engineer looking for work?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Navistar in June 2012.

Contacted by HR for phone interview. Phone interview was about 1/2 hr with basic behavior questions and asking if I was interested in the job description. Phone interview was with HR. About 1 week later asked if they could interview me in person. Schedule for 2 weeks later, probably took longer as they had to schedule to fly me out from MA. In person interview was suppose to be with 3 but ended up as 1 who would have been my direct manager. Asked 3 behavioral questions that she said were required by HR, she let me pick the 3 off her sheet and answered them quickly, She was more interested in how real life experience and project work could translate to what she told me in detail about the position. Ended up talking experience casually for about 45 min when the next candidate came in. HR called me two weeks later and said offer was pending due to some issues with the company overall my position got axed with about 1000+ others,

Interview Questions
    • What traits in people do you dislike the most and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Navistar in May 2012.

The interview was conducted by a group of 3 interviewers, which were all very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They introduced themselves and their role in the company. They then examined my resume and proceeded with Behavioral questions. If you want to interview with them, practice some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was a moment in your life (school, work, personal, etc) that you failed at something?   Answer Question