National University of Singapore

37 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Director Interview

I applied online and interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details 2 interviews. 2nd interview involves presentation.

PhD Candidate Interview

PhD Candidate

I applied online and interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details This was for the PhD position at YLL School of Medicine. Regular PhD questions of why, what are your interests, post PhD plans; relocation to Singapore, potential lab interests. Easy enough. They specifically asked about the techniques I have learned. They also asked about grades.

Interview Question – One particular technique I had done two years ago. I managed to say the basics, but I honestly couldn't remember the details; as I'd done it only two.three times.   Answer Question

Research Assistant

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details Employer (Prof) would ask you about your inclinations and willingness to work past office hours (as expected for research related work). The prof would then describe his/her current works and the findings and he/she would ask you few questions on how would you be able to help out in the lab. They would bring you to meet their lab members and would allow you to have a small chat with them and let you have interactions with them.

Interview Question – They might ask technical questions   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details The hiring process of NUS for TA position normally takes about 3-4 weeks. The potential candidates are mainly from the PhD students inside each department. However, in some cases, they will be recruiting from outside.

The interview is generally standard. They asked you about your teaching background. Be confident and be firm.

Interview Question – Your skill sets might be not matched with their needs. But never mind, you can show that the fundamental philosophy of teaching is the same by applying the same method.   Answer Question

Research Assistant

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details Schedule a meeting with the professor. Talk with him during the meeting about your background. Sometimes he will ask for your transcript and determine whether you are suitable for the job.

Interview Question – Your academic background   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details Mailed to a proffessor on my research interests..
Had a call with him about my current area of work and what I wish to do ..

Interview Question – Nothing.. just questions about my experience   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Research Fellow

Interview Details Know the employer's work well, be very confident with our niche expertise and how our expertise could be amalgamated to their work. Be vocal, ask questions and give relevant input.

Interview Question – What would you do if you face more failures than successes in your work?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details Email and 1 interview.

Interview Question – Research related question.   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details What are you research interests? What kind of research you have ever done?

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself after 3 years?   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details I saw the opening on the institute's website. The next day I sent out the email, they contacted me, which is faster than I expected. They arranged a phone interview the next day for my personal details.

The real face-to-face interview was the week after. I met the professor who needed the assistant. It was quite casual. We sat in his office on the couch and he asked several questions, like my experience, my career plan, etc. The whole interview lasted for about 40 minutes. Then he told me that I could go out to the office to mingle with people working in the office, which I didn't because they seemed busy.

A week later, I sent a very polite email to the professor to thank him to give me the interview opportunity. On the same day, they sent me an email and told me that they decide to give me the job offer!

(But it does take them long to get an EP for foreign employees)

Interview Question – What are your plans for your career development?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at National University of Singapore

Worked for National University of Singapore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National University of Singapore interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews are posted anonymously by National University of Singapore employees and interview candidates.