National Bank of Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Commercial Banking Manager Interview

Commercial Banking Manager
Montreal, QC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National Bank of Canada in September 2011.

Interview Details They want to see if you can sell anything to anyone. Cross-selling is really important. All the financial analysis thing is not important. Learn the basic of financials and you will learn it on when you get hired.

Interview Question – ''Sell this pen'' question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker

Interviewed at National Bank of Canada

Interview Details Very smooth and clear of what the expections where. People are very nice

Interview Question – What do I bring to the organization   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Applications Analyst
Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Bank of Canada in July 2013.

Interview Details HR phone interview, Hiring manager interview, Hiring team director interview

Interview Question – why moving from a larger bank to a smaller bank   Answer Question

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Recruitment Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Bank of Canada.

Interview Details Apply online.

Begins with a phone interview usually.

Then one-on-one interview with HR..basic behavioral questions.

2nd interview usually with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had many priorities to manage, how did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National Bank of Canada in December 2012.

Interview Details So the hiring manager calls me, we setup an interview date. Come interview day, the meeting goes really well and the manager gives me positive feedback.

Then after many unreturned phone calls and emails, the trail goes cold. One week passes, then two, then three. What is up National Bank

I'm very disappointed to say the least. Speaking with friends that work at National Bank, not answering the phone and not returning repeated contacts appears to be standard operating procedure for letting a candidate know they are not accepted.

Obviously, I would not apply to work at National Bank again.

Interview Question – There weren't any particularly difficult questions, it was a standard difficulty interview.   Answer Question

Finance Internship Interview

Finance Internship
Mississauga, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National Bank of Canada in October 2012.

Interview Details We arrange an interview with the previous intern as well as the manager. We look over the resume, ask what I am capable of. The intern went over the works he's doing and we discusses about some possible role I would have to learn and do.

Interview Question – He asks about some microsfot excel specific question   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at National Bank of Canada in August 2008.

Interview Details 2 interviews - standard questions

Interview Question – where do you see job progressing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Vacation days were negotiable

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at National Bank of Canada in May 2011.

Interview Details phone, one on one and then panel interview

Interview Questions

CSA Interview

CSA
Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Bank of Canada in June 2009.

Interview Details Phone Interview
1 on 1 interview
Interview with Director
Background check

Interview Question – Describe yourself?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at National Bank of Canada.

Interview Details Open house interview about 10 min

Interview Question – How to promote our product   Answer Question

Worked for National Bank of Canada? Contribute to the Community!