NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated 15 Mar, 2015

2.8

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University).

Made me sit in some corner until hiring manager picked me up. Spent 3 minutes with me, and then accompanied me to another guy who was supposed to be some sort of senior in IT (he was a kid almost half my age). Kid bombarded me with all kind of NYU real-life scenarios that naturally I wasn't familiar with, followed by the question "so tell me, what would you have done?". Process lasted about one hour. Never heard back a single word from NYU.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2015.

I first met with the principal investigator, she pushed HR every day in order to get me to start working there as soon as possible. Unfortunately Hr takes a very long time getting back to people. I waited around 2-3 months until I was officially hired.

Administrative Aide II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University) in December 2014.

Very rude woman whose current student workers did not follow up. I emded up calling at 9 am to follow up a confirmation for a 2pm call. The Director answered and basically was very nice but when tne rep called she seemed very embarrassed that the Director had delivered the message. Eitjer way she called and spoke plainly and quickly , as though mocking my voice with undertones of protocol almost like a robot. I question if she just called for affirmative action quotas . Very rude.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in October 2014.

I applied online and didn't hear back from HR until almost a year later. I received an email stating that they were setting up interviews and was given days and times that I could come in. I replied back and had an interview a week later.

The day of the interview I came in and had to call the person interviewing me so that someone could come get me by the elevators (who never showed up) but some random person walking past the doors let me in. Once I arrived at the location I was greeted by the receptionist at the desk. She let my interviewer know that i was here and she came out within 5 minutes. She came with a few forms for me to fill out and offered me something to drink. After I filled out my forms I gave them back to the receptionist and went into the office about 2 minutes later. Overall the interview took about 30-45 minutes. It was a very relaxing interview.

After the interview it took about a month before I received a response about the job. I knew it was going to be long before I received a response because I was notified in the beginning of the interview that this would be a long process.

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in October 2014.

The next day after I applied, I received an email to schedule a phone interview with a representative from Human Resources. The interview was easy and took less than 10 minutes.

Administrative Outreach Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in October 2014.

It was long, confusing and boring. It was mainly, unprofessional. I spent one hour on the phone and another hour and a half in person. People who were hiring seemed very confused. The job wasn't actually that great, but they seemed to be hiring a president. Today, 5 months later, they still haven't hired someone for that position. New York University is something like Department of Motor Vehicles, but in a nicer neighborhood.

IT Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in September 2014.

The position was available at the beginning of the fall 2014 semester. I left my previous job at the athletics department because the pay wasn't all that great. The IT position seemed more mentally stimulating and the salary was slightly better. A friend that was already working there mentioned my name, and about a week after I was contacted by the manager.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in August 2014.

2 interview: with HR and then PI on the same day. Person with HR very nice and professional, asked a lot on questions about background and checked general requirements for this position. Talk about salary (general), position of NYU in science world. PI very possessional, did not asked a lot of question, just went through your resume. Asked about your background, experience and relevance of your previous work to new position.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NYU (New York University).

First she gave me a call, and spoke with me a little bit. Then, we set up a one on one. It was professional, but also very helpful. She gave me tips on how to best update my resume.

Tisch Production TA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University).

It was an on-campus work study position. I submitted my resume through Wasserman and was able to get an interview fairly quickly after that. I interviewed with the head of the Film & TV equipment operations person and also a supervisor at the department I specifically asked for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about something you created from scratch that you are proud of.   Answer Question