NYU (New York University)

www.nyu.edu

Relevance Date Difficulty

CLINICAL AIDE Interview

CLINICAL AIDE
New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in July 2014.

Interview Details Very unprofessional. I took the time out to do a phone screening than on site interview and didn't even recieve a response. I could have been notified of the position being filled. I do not want to work for a department who is so unprofessional anyway.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview Details First she gave me a call, and spoke with me a little bit. Then, we set up a one on one. It was professional, but also very helpful. She gave me tips on how to best update my resume.

Tisch Production TA Interview

Tisch Production TA
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview Details It was an on-campus work study position. I submitted my resume through Wasserman and was able to get an interview fairly quickly after that. I interviewed with the head of the Film & TV equipment operations person and also a supervisor at the department I specifically asked for.

Interview Question – Tell me about something you created from scratch that you are proud of.   Answer Question

IT Assistance Interview

IT Assistance
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in August 2013.

Interview Details Applied via wasserman, set up a time; it was more a conversation than an interview. I didn't hear anything after a week so I emailed back to check up. Half an hour after I emailed him he called me said I got the job.

Interview Question – Just be confident and seem friendly and interactive. It's an easy job but they want someone who seems like a good spirit and active worker   View Answer

Negotiation Details – FLEXIBLE HOURS, shift can be as short as one hour, no negotiation on the salary tho; but it's easy money.

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student
New York, NY (US)

Interviewed at NYU (New York University)

Interview Details Submit your CV and GRE (TOEFL for international student) through online application system. NYU use Embark application system. Which is very inconvenient. The GSAS will process each application then forward to the each specific department. The department will notify their decision to the GSAS. And the offer letter will be issued to student by GSAS.

Interview Question – Usually No addition interview is needed. So do a good job on your CV and Exam.   Answer Question

Medical Technologist Interview

Medical Technologist
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in June 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted twice for a medical technologist position interview at a private doctors office in brooklyn through nyu. I have 10years experience and would technically be working alone as lead tech.

Interview Question – I asked about instrumentation. Whom I'll be working with. What are the responsibilities related to the facilities. The hiring manager was so sweet and very personable. She just asked me to got through my resume. And what expectations were my salary.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Commute is 1hr 1 way

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied online after receiving an employment announcement from career advisor. Invited to interview approximately 3 days later the following week with senior research leader. Simple case-style questions to assess analytical thinking and previous employment experience. Office seemed a bit disorganized once I probed a bit about the work style (i.e. adhoc).

Interview Question – What do you see as the next emerging area for growth in the technology-governance arena?   View Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Human Resources Administrator
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in February 2010.

Interview Details Interviewed with Director and direct manager. Secondary with team member & Director. If not a position in HR, the timeline as communicated is adhered to. If you are looking for that HR position, the Director does not limit to the allotted time frame. Give yourself more time than communicated because it is likely that the interview will go beyond that.

Interview Question – What direct contributions have you made in the past that greatly improved the work for others, and how would you bring that to our team here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate an additional $500. They generally offer below the budgeted range, so there is some wiggle room, but only by $1000 or so.

MFA of Game Design Interview

MFA of Game Design
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2013.

Interview Details The interview took about 50 minutes and covers all aspects of game and game design. Some of the questions were trying to dig out your potential of thinking as a game designer, not a player, and some other questions are about you as a person.

Interview Question – Probably which un-digital game is your favorite and why.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing special.

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Financial Aid Counselor
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview Details phone interview, interview with managers, interview with directors

Interview Question – How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a little more than offered and it was accepted.

Worked for NYU (New York University)? Contribute to the Community!