NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated 28 Jun, 2015

2.7

Digital Studio Technology Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview was fairly simply and straightforward. The interviewer asked questions pertaining to my capabilities and experience with software programs and customer service. They wanted to know whether I understood the adobe creative suite, the mac operating system, and whether I could handle unruly clients. Overall, it was a positive experience and not stressful.

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)) in May-2015.

Interview

I was lucky and didn't have to go through HR. My interview was with two administrative supervisors in the advertised program who were both very knowledgable in what the position would entail. The interview was very conversational, none of the canned HR questions about my greatest weakness, etc. It probably lasted about 20 minutes, and didn't involve any computer tests. I didn't get the job, but it was still a positive experience. From what I'm reading here, it seems to vary greatly depending on the department you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What occurrences do you find most frustrating in daily office work?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview went well. It was not difficult. They asked some questions about my work and provided background about the position and the department. There were two people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What is your work history?
      Tell me about yourself
      Why are you interested in the position?
      What do you think you can bring to the position?

Answer Question

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)) in April-2015.

Interview

I'm in the beginning process of interviews. Had an interview with human resources. It was a great interview very relaxed, it was like chatting with a friend.The interview was over an hour and a half. I was then sent an online computer skill test from Proveit. I've passed the test and now waiting to hear back.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Made me sit in some corner until hiring manager picked me up. Spent 3 minutes with me, and then accompanied me to another guy who was supposed to be some sort of senior in IT (he was a kid almost half my age). Kid bombarded me with all kind of NYU real-life scenarios that naturally I wasn't familiar with, followed by the question "so tell me, what would you have done?". Process lasted about one hour. Never heard back a single word from NYU.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)) in March-2015.

Interview

I first met with the principal investigator, she pushed HR every day in order to get me to start working there as soon as possible. Unfortunately Hr takes a very long time getting back to people. I waited around 2-3 months until I was officially hired.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)) in March-2015.

Interview

the interview was ok very informative but misleading.You will be lead on to think you are getting the job to later find out you are not although you are very qualified for the position.Very unprofessional. Dont always get your hopes up.

Interview Questions

• they will ask questions based off your resume   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in January-2015.

Interview

tell me about yourself and past check. and we spoke about the research projects i was involved in my undergrad and other volunteering projects and events. overall was a good interview with general questions. the location is good and there are good restaurants near by. great place to study and work.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your self and explain work experience   1 Answer

Administrative Aide II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)) in December-2014.

Interview

Very rude woman whose current student workers did not follow up. I emded up calling at 9 am to follow up a confirmation for a 2pm call. The Director answered and basically was very nice but when tne rep called she seemed very embarrassed that the Director had delivered the message. Eitjer way she called and spoke plainly and quickly , as though mocking my voice with undertones of protocol almost like a robot. I question if she just called for affirmative action quotas . Very rude.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work there   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)) in October-2014.

Interview

I applied online and didn't hear back from HR until almost a year later. I received an email stating that they were setting up interviews and was given days and times that I could come in. I replied back and had an interview a week later.

The day of the interview I came in and had to call the person interviewing me so that someone could come get me by the elevators (who never showed up) but some random person walking past the doors let me in. Once I arrived at the location I was greeted by the receptionist at the desk. She let my interviewer know that i was here and she came out within 5 minutes. She came with a few forms for me to fill out and offered me something to drink. After I filled out my forms I gave them back to the receptionist and went into the office about 2 minutes later. Overall the interview took about 30-45 minutes. It was a very relaxing interview.

After the interview it took about a month before I received a response about the job. I knew it was going to be long before I received a response because I was notified in the beginning of the interview that this would be a long process.