NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated 24 Jul, 2015

2.7

Digital Studio Technology Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview was fairly simply and straightforward. The interviewer asked questions pertaining to my capabilities and experience with software programs and customer service. They wanted to know whether I understood the adobe creative suite, the mac operating system, and whether I could handle unruly clients. Overall, it was a positive experience and not stressful.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview went well. It was not difficult. They asked some questions about my work and provided background about the position and the department. There were two people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• What is your work history? Tell me about yourself Why are you interested in the position? What do you think you can bring to the position?   Answer Question

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)) in May-2015.

Interview

I was lucky and didn't have to go through HR. My interview was with two administrative supervisors in the advertised program who were both very knowledgable in what the position would entail. The interview was very conversational, none of the canned HR questions about my greatest weakness, etc. It probably lasted about 20 minutes, and didn't involve any computer tests. I didn't get the job, but it was still a positive experience. From what I'm reading here, it seems to vary greatly depending on the department you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What occurrences do you find most frustrating in daily office work?   Answer Question

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)) in April-2015.

Interview

I'm in the beginning process of interviews. Had an interview with human resources. It was a great interview very relaxed, it was like chatting with a friend.The interview was over an hour and a half. I was then sent an online computer skill test from Proveit. I've passed the test and now waiting to hear back.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in April-2015.

Interview

descriptive interview with multiple people: would-be supervisor, HR rep and two department employees. interview lasted roughly an hour. a lot of their administrative jobs are via a temp agency. I was employed by the temp agency and was interviewing to be placed at NYU. I was told that most contracted individuals are hired a few months in. I was hired a bit quicker because the needs of my employment were to access financial records that only an NYU employee could attain. I was only a temp at NYU for approximately one month - a week of which was paperwork that was performed in order to hire me in. once the decision was made to hire me in, I did a phone interview with my supervisor and an HR representative (after applying for the job online).

Interview Questions

• How my degree is applicable to my sought-after position   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Made me sit in some corner until hiring manager picked me up. Spent 3 minutes with me, and then accompanied me to another guy who was supposed to be some sort of senior in IT (he was a kid almost half my age). Kid bombarded me with all kind of NYU real-life scenarios that naturally I wasn't familiar with, followed by the question "so tell me, what would you have done?". Process lasted about one hour. Never heard back a single word from NYU.

Chief of Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)) in March-2015.

Interview

I began the interview process by having a short phone screener with an HR recruiter. He was generally knowledgeable, but didn't have many specifics about the role. From there, I spoke with the outgoing Chief of Staff and then with several direct reports of the executive who I'd be staffing as Chief of Staff. I found the experience of interviewing with the direct reports to be a bit disorganized; their questions were a bit disconnected from the role and one of the reports appeared to be both tired and a bit bored.

Interview Questions

• They talked about whether I'd feel comfortable in a Chief of Staff role where I'd have less autonomy and management responsibility than in my previous position. It was a good question.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)) in March-2015.

Interview

the interview was ok very informative but misleading.You will be lead on to think you are getting the job to later find out you are not although you are very qualified for the position.Very unprofessional. Dont always get your hopes up.

Interview Questions

• they will ask questions based off your resume   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY (US)) in March-2015.

Interview

I first met with the principal investigator, she pushed HR every day in order to get me to start working there as soon as possible. Unfortunately Hr takes a very long time getting back to people. I waited around 2-3 months until I was officially hired.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in January-2015.

Interview

tell me about yourself and past check. and we spoke about the research projects i was involved in my undergrad and other volunteering projects and events. overall was a good interview with general questions. the location is good and there are good restaurants near by. great place to study and work.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your self and explain work experience   1 Answer