NCO Financial Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Debt Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NCO Financial in February 2009.

Easy, they call you for the phone interview and ask basic questions and no matter how bad you do on the interview they want you to come in. There is a 1 on 1 interview that take 30 mins and is REALLY EASY! after you do some skills typing test and get the offer letter right away. I had co-workers there who could hardly speak english and they got the job. They take anyone. No standards at all.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Either take it or leave it!

Collections Interview

Hired from online portal

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NCO Financial in November 2010.

The one thing that annoyed me is that I didn't apply for this position, a recruiter found my resume on monster.com and called me and insisted I create a profile and do an application on their website even though everything that the application asked of me was answered on my resume. I was happy when they accommodated me because of childcare issues and allowed me a better shift than they typically offer to new hires. They said they did this for me because they were really impressed with my resume. I was hired on the spot contingent on my passing a drug test and background check..

Interview Questions
    • "You're overqualified for this position and the pay is less than you're used to. Why would you want this position?"   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. The starting wage is non negotiable. It is considered an entry level position

Customer Service Representative Interview

Filled out an application online, shortly thereafter received an invite to an interview. Went through my history as a customer service representative. Within a few days an offer was made, pending the results of the drug test. Was hired on an went through 4 weeks of training.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the angry customer that is cursing you and refuses to let you speak?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, it was take it or leave it. They feel that with the job being a work from home job, the pay does not have to be competitive.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NCO Financial in May 2014.

Application online received a call the next day for a ten minute phone interview and had face to face interview which lasted about 30 minutes. From there I was given a form to do a drug test. I received a email to do a typing test.

No negotiation

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Getzville, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Getzville, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NCO Financial in October 2010.

Basic structured interview nothing unexpected

Interview Questions
    • They do need to speak with a manager from your last employer   View Answer
    None offered be base pay

Collector Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at NCO Financial.

After I applied online, the human resources called me asking a few questions about my application, stated that i needed to make sure i can work weekends and holidays and to fix it. Called me back for an interview at 930 am, i showed up 20 minutes earlier, she gave me a basic interview asking about my previous jobs, also stated that all my references needed to be from my jobs related to collecting, told me shed get me a second interview with a manager, he asked me my experience as well, told me the pay rate i was asking for $20 was too high and no one there gets paid that high, said he would talk to his boss and contact me but otherwise i got the job. The next day i got an email saying someone else got the position.

CSR-Banking Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NCO Financial.

Submitted resume and application online on their Careers Website. Received a phone call within a day to verify submitted information and to schedule a phone interview for the following morning with a specific recruiter. Phone interview was scheduled to occur at any point within a 1-hour window. Phone interview focused on current and former employment, verification of reference information, and a few typical interview questions about previous customer service experience. Provided information about the 14-week training program and being available for any shift between 6AM - Midnight. Scheduled in-person interview for the next afternoon at their office.

In-person interview consisted of a one-on-one meeting with an HR professional. Asked questions about skills, experience and availability for shifts and 14-week training with no absences. Training to occur Mon-Fri 6:30AM - 3:00PM. Then was given a short typing test, and a short test written covering basic windows functions. Was asked to read aloud a couple of paragraphs - be sure to enunciate and put some expression in your voice. Then was asked to perform basic Word functions of copying, pasting, printing, saving the file and closing Word. Then reviewed the job description, making some changes such as inbound calls only, and a discussion of possible training start dates (2 dates offered), Then asked to wait for Security to conduct fingerprinting and then sent with form to take a drug screening within 24 hours of the interview end time (exact time noted on the form for the testing lab).
    Informed that I would hear within a week, after completion of pre-employment reference verifications and background checks. Signed several release forms for this process. Interview and fingerprinting took about 1.5 hours, and I immediately went to the lab for the drug screening which took less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult but most unexpected was the reading aloud exercise. Not difficult though.   Answer Question

Cus Service Representative NCO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at NCO Financial in December 2008.

One day process. Just go to the Recruitement Area 4th ELJ Bldg.

Interview Questions
    Well it was my first call center.

MobileMe Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

The process took 6 days - interviewed at NCO Financial in November 2010.

You fill out the app, they call and invite you to take the competency test, if you pass the test you get a face to face interview, then if the interviewer likes you you'll get a second interview which is an offer and you'll be given the training start date.

Interview Questions
    • The test may be hard to some who aren't tech waay about apple products and services!   Answer Question
    There's no negotiating salary so don't bother. Only thing I would bring up is availability up front!

Worked for NCO Financial? Contribute to the Community!