NCO Financial Interview Questions

Updated 9 Apr, 2015

2.1

Collections Interview

Interview

Hired from online portal

Debt Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NCO Financial (Toronto, ON) in February 2009.

Interview

Easy, they call you for the phone interview and ask basic questions and no matter how bad you do on the interview they want you to come in. There is a 1 on 1 interview that take 30 mins and is REALLY EASY! after you do some skills typing test and get the offer letter right away. I had co-workers there who could hardly speak english and they got the job. They take anyone. No standards at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Either take it or leave it!

Cus Service Representative NCO Interview

Interview

Quick and fast. Hired at initial interview. I completed the application onsite. I was later called in the next day for an interview. Was I accepted the offer and was in the training class in two weeks.

Negotiation

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NCO Financial in September 2014.

Interview

Got a phone interview with a hr manager then A interview with supervisor then week later a call for a drug test, after that I was hired the process was about 2 weeks,

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at NCO Financial in September 2014.

Interview

Was called by a recruiter.Interview took about 5minutes waiting for back ground check. Still awaiting call back to see if I will be hired. The interviewer was kind and brief. Was told the interview would be an hour long but it was barely 10minutes.

Interview Questions

• What company rules at your last job didn't you agree with.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Filled out an application online, shortly thereafter received an invite to an interview. Went through my history as a customer service representative. Within a few days an offer was made, pending the results of the drug test. Was hired on an went through 4 weeks of training.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the angry customer that is cursing you and refuses to let you speak?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was take it or leave it. They feel that with the job being a work from home job, the pay does not have to be competitive.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCO Financial (Greensboro, NC (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Application online received a call the next day for a ten minute phone interview and had face to face interview which lasted about 30 minutes. From there I was given a form to do a drug test. I received a email to do a typing test.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Collector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NCO Financial.

Interview

After I applied online, the human resources called me asking a few questions about my application, stated that i needed to make sure i can work weekends and holidays and to fix it. Called me back for an interview at 930 am, i showed up 20 minutes earlier, she gave me a basic interview asking about my previous jobs, also stated that all my references needed to be from my jobs related to collecting, told me shed get me a second interview with a manager, he asked me my experience as well, told me the pay rate i was asking for $20 was too high and no one there gets paid that high, said he would talk to his boss and contact me but otherwise i got the job. The next day i got an email saying someone else got the position.

CSR-Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NCO Financial.

Interview

Submitted resume and application online on their Careers Website. Received a phone call within a day to verify submitted information and to schedule a phone interview for the following morning with a specific recruiter. Phone interview was scheduled to occur at any point within a 1-hour window. Phone interview focused on current and former employment, verification of reference information, and a few typical interview questions about previous customer service experience. Provided information about the 14-week training program and being available for any shift between 6AM - Midnight. Scheduled in-person interview for the next afternoon at their office.

In-person interview consisted of a one-on-one meeting with an HR professional. Asked questions about skills, experience and availability for shifts and 14-week training with no absences. Training to occur Mon-Fri 6:30AM - 3:00PM. Then was given a short typing test, and a short test written covering basic windows functions. Was asked to read aloud a couple of paragraphs - be sure to enunciate and put some expression in your voice. Then was asked to perform basic Word functions of copying, pasting, printing, saving the file and closing Word. Then reviewed the job description, making some changes such as inbound calls only, and a discussion of possible training start dates (2 dates offered), Then asked to wait for Security to conduct fingerprinting and then sent with form to take a drug screening within 24 hours of the interview end time (exact time noted on the form for the testing lab).
    Informed that I would hear within a week, after completion of pre-employment reference verifications and background checks. Signed several release forms for this process. Interview and fingerprinting took about 1.5 hours, and I immediately went to the lab for the drug screening which took less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was very difficult but most unexpected was the reading aloud exercise. Not difficult though.   Answer Question

Default Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NCO Financial (Dublin, OH (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Very laid back and easy.Easy questions. Took about fifteen minutes. I felt good about the interview process. The interviewer did most of the talking. The question was very simple and easy to follow.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process.