NBCUniversal Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview in an office asking questions about what you would do in certain situations

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage your competitive nature while working on a team?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2012.

Brutal process and slow. You'll go through at least 5 rounds and most likely will take severals weeks before you hear back from anyone, whether it was acceptance or rejection

n/a

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2014.

It was really simple, questions like salary requirements, why you're choosing NBCUniversal, describe a time where you worked in a group, what are your goals. The first interview you are talking to a screen so its not as interactive as I had hoped but it's easy because it gives you 20-30 seconds to come up with your response, and then it counts down until the end.

Interview Questions
    • There's not really an unexpected question, it's just hard because it's not interactive and you can't ask questions. I guess the hardest one would have been, why ad sales, because you need to understand the position.   Answer Question

News Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2014.

I was first sent a link that with instructions on how to take the video interview. During the interview, I had to record my responses to five questions. And for each questions you get 30 seconds to prepare, and then one to two minute to respond.

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2014.

Video interview, then contacted for a first round where I met with four executives, then came back in for additional interview with more executives and the EVP, then hired! It was very long the interviews would last a few hours because each meeting was 30-45 minutes so be ready and on your A-game.

Interview Questions
    • It was all very conversational not necessarily difficult questions that you could pin-point.   View Answer
    N/A

C2C West Coast Interview

I applied online - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

Applied directly on the website, addressed my letter to a hiring manager I was referred to. She then emailed me back about a 2-3 weeks later and we set up a phone interview. I spoke with her and two other NBC employees about my work experience, my knowledge of the company and the particular department I applied to, etc. The call was friendly and casual, lasted about 20 minutes. I followed up two times, and about 1.5 weeks after the interview I was offered/accepted the position!

Interview Questions
    • Just prepare a solid elevator pitch that sums up who you are, where you've worked, and what you know about the position you're applying for.   Answer Question

Executive Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2014.

I applied in June on the NBCUniversal C2C Website. After almost 2 months, I finally heard back and was asked to participate in a video interview. The link to the interview would expire within about 5 days. I did the interview and the interface was a bit complicated. The interview consisted of 7 questions; for each question you were given 30 seconds of preparatory time and 2 minutes to answer. If, at the end of the interview, I was unhappy with the results, I had one chance to redo the entire interview. A week later, I was emailed that I was being considered for the Executive Office Internship. The next day, I received an email directly from the executive offices staff to schedule a phone interview. The interviewers were very nice and spent about half of my 20 minute interview telling me about the position that I was being considered for. A little over a week later, I got a call with my offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about NBC Sports?   Answer Question
    • What professional or academic accomplishment are you most proud of and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a school or work-related project were you in charge of and how did you handle those responsibilities?   Answer Question

Campus II Career Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2014.

Hiring process took 4 weeks. First, it offers a video interview. The video interview was basically a timed recording of yourself. A few questions popped up that asked about why you want to work for NBC, what professional experiences/skills you have that can contribute to the company, basically very simple questions. You have 30 seconds to think of a response and 1-2 minutes to say your response. Next, The recruiter emailed me back the day after and offered a networking event at the headquarters. You're able to have face-time with the recruiter as well as 8 other HR hiring managers of each department. Last, the hiring managers would offer a phone interview.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Universal City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Process went smoothly. I received follow up when it was scheduled. The two people I interviewed with were responsive and respectful of my time. The first interview was a phone interview. I was brought into the office for two in person interviews. The interviews felt very casual and straight forward.

Vip Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2014.

Hiring was crazy!!! huge casting call of over 100 people for 3 job openings. Did not hear back for a long while, finally did and accepted job. Great people to work with, everyone is very nice and could not be happier.

No negotiation.

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!