Motorola Mobility

186 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Motorola Mobility

Interview Details I have applied the job through a recruiter. And the process is quite fast. Set up a online code interview. Was asked for the top k elements question.

Interview Question – easy if you are computer science major   Answer Question

Android Applications Engineer - Contractor Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2014.

Interview Details one phone interview, two on site interviews.

Interview Question – Still owned by google, has the atmosphere. Intense interviews, google style. they ask you to write short programs, so brush up on your data structures and algorithms.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Schaumburg, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in October 2010.

Interview Details 3 interview rounds with directors, senior directors, CVP/ SVP

Interview Question – Present business case and recommendation for organization effectiveness improvement   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too difficult. They really liked my background.

Principal Staff Engineer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details Went to career fair and met with several hiring managers. Many technical questions about cellular telephony, and some programming questions. Followed up with 2 phone interviews, and more, similar questions. Face to face interview, explained my resume history in the cellular industry per various questions.

Interview Question – Write code for inserting a node in a doubly linked list.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made an offer, I tried to negotiate both salary and promotion level, but there was no negotiation on Motorola's part. I had to take the initial offer.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Toulouse (France)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details Interviews where not very hard. They needed a lot of people and they needed experience. Managers are good and compensation was adequate

Very Difficult Interview

Test Engineer Interview

Plantation, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2010.

Interview Details The hiring process probably took around a month after the first interview. It was really to the point, I had experience already as a test Engineer and the questions were based in different situations in the SDLC.
I have been doing quality assurance and there were several questions regarding actual situations that I had in my job experience.

Interview Question – Programming questions about java and python.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had already experience in the field and I give a couple of calls to follow up. My best advice is the follow up after the interview.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details First had a talk with HR, then 2 phone interview about technique questions. The first one was an algorithm question, the second is test your proficiency in programming. Though no offer, a good Experience.

Interview Question – Questions were very basic.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Roselle, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2013.

Interview Details Over the phone interview. Was quick and understood where I was at.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Worked through a consultant so did not negotiate with company.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2011.

Interview Details Telephonic and Project Discussion.

Interview Question – POSIX Architecture and Implementation.   View Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2010.

Interview Details phone interview followed by in person interview

Interview Question – data structures   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Interviews for Top Jobs at Motorola Mobility

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motorola Mobility interview questions and advice. All 186 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Motorola Mobility employees and interview candidates.