Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015
1,271 Interview Reviews

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC) in March 2015.

Interview

telephonic interview 30 min, purely technical
    Assessment center - Lunch, Group activity, 2 45 min technical interviews
    Telephonic - Algorithms, Data structure for Java profile
    2 45 min interview - Algorithm, Hibernate, Java Basics, Data structures
    Group Activity - Build a bridge using tape, newspaper

Interview Questions

• Telephonic - Algorithms, Data structure for Java profile
      2 45 min interview - Algorithm, Hibernate, Java Basics, Data structures
      1. find the middle element in a linked list
      2. what algorithm gc follows
      3. hibernate - singleton
      almost everything from your resume

Answer Question

Negotiation

accepted invitation for assessment centre. waiting to hear about results.
    wont negotiate

Application

Interview

I applied through carrier fair event at my university. It took two weeks to get me an interview call. first round was pre-screening. It was 30 mins long, we discussed my resume and previous experience but no in-depth technical questions were asked by interviewer. Some loads of information system security questions, database and networking questions as well. I have 2 more technical rounds ahead. Currently preparing for technical rounds.

Interview Questions

• Cross-site Scripting, SQL joints and Security policies?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC) in February 2015.

Interview

Group interview, individual interview, in person interview at first. Different questions and assessments about everything. Overall, it was thorough and there were a lot of people there and different interviewers, employees, etc. who are all assessing what you are doing, saying, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC) in February 2015.

Interview

1. 10 min general HR questions
    tell me something about yourself ?
    What is your ideal job?
    What are you proud of that you have done ?
    How would you resolve issues between two team members?

2. 20 min technical questions
    How to join two tables with one to many mapping ?
    What is "final, finally,finalized" in Java ?
    How to generate numbers to test an addition method ?(the method is a black box accepting only integers)

Interview Questions

• How to join two tables with one to many mapping ?
      What is "final, finally,finalized" in Java ?

1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed 2 rounds with analyst, associate and ED. First round phone interview. 2nd round skype, cuz I am based in Canada. Each interview is 30 mins. Not hard since it is summer intern position.

Interview Questions

• tell you how you deal with a bad boss   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a conference with regards to the technology analyst position. I was told that I was applying for a developer position. Landed a 'technical interview'. To me, this means data structures and algorithms. The interviewer called 45 minutes late and the interview was completely scenario based. The questions also did not seem development based (I later found out that I was being interviewed for a tester position to which I had no knowledge I had applied for or was being interviewed for). No communication was given on that front.

Interview Questions

• A new watch has been developed that must function on the international space station. You can only test the watch on Earth. What are the top 5 tests you will run to make sure the watch will function correctly in space?   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

It's a 30 min first round interview. Just some basic concepts questions then I was asked three coding questions. First, to inverse a linked list. Then, it's a filling color question. In the end, the interviewer ask me to give a solution to improve the performance of search books in a large database.

Interview Questions

• Each question is not difficult. But it is a challenge to solve three of them in 20 min. And my interview is more difficult than another student who is selected to the second round. So I think the difficulty is quite depends on the interviewer and your luck.   Answer Question

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Halifax, NS) in October 2014.

Interview

Asked about some questions of algorithms and fundamental knowledge about network and database.
    There weren't too much about introducing yourself or like taking, but all the technical questions. It's actually the first interview in my life that looks like this.

Interview Questions

• Sort an array and pick the pairs that's equal to K   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2014.

Interview

I conduct the interview last week, although the questions are not too hard, but I wasn't be able to answer all questions as I was very busy in preparing my midterms.

Interview Questions

• database: describe the 1NF, 2NF and 3NF.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted the resume in career fair and take the onsite first-round-interview a week later. That is pretty simple, just some concept questions and basic programming questions are asked.

A week later, I went to the onsite final-round-interview.
    Firstly we have lunch there and can ask new employees questions to know more about the company.
    Then we are divided into group of 4 to build the bridge with tapes and newspapers. It is not hard to build such a bridge, but you need to show your teamwork abilities I think.
    Then there are 4 technical interviews. Concept questions, programming questions, behaviour questions and brain teasers are asked. The questions are not hard.

Interview Questions

• If you suddenly find that it is extremely slow for your software to communicate with the database, what is the possible problem? What will you do to discover the problem?   Answer Question