Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct, 2014
1,052 Interview Reviews

3.2

Technology Analyst Interview

It's a 30 min first round interview. Just some basic concepts questions then I was asked three coding questions. First, to inverse a linked list. Then, it's a filling color question. In the end, the interviewer ask me to give a solution to improve the performance of search books in a large database.

Interview Questions
    • Each question is not difficult. But it is a challenge to solve three of them in 20 min. And my interview is more difficult than another student who is selected to the second round. So I think the difficulty is quite depends on the interviewer and your luck.   Answer Question

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2014.

Asked about some questions of algorithms and fundamental knowledge about network and database.
    There weren't too much about introducing yourself or like taking, but all the technical questions. It's actually the first interview in my life that looks like this.

Interview Questions
    • Sort an array and pick the pairs that's equal to K   View Answer

Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

This interview was so long and painful. It was composed of 4 instances:
    - Phone interview with a guy from England for an hour, including technical and brain teasing questions.
    - Phone interview with a manager from New York for an hour and a half regarding my background
    - In office interview with a panel of developers, including code writing and algorithms.
    - In office interview for 4 hours with multiple persons, but I was out of the run after 2 hours.
    The whole process lasted about a month with 2 weeks between the 3rd and the 4th. During those 2 weeks I lost my focus and was unprepared. So I failed to answer questions which I was able to answer before.

Interview Questions
    • Given a relational database, how to improve the performance of a select query involving some joins?   View Answers (2)

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2014.

Two phone interviews and then called for a 1:1 interview. Technical questions were asked in phone interviews. However in 1:1 interviews (by 4 different people in one day) most questions were behavioral like what will do you in such a situation.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the department for which you are being interviewed.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I submitted resume online, received phone call following afternoon and had phone interview with head office. Had 1 on 1 interview in local office, which was more of a chat as I had qualifications they were looking for, so it was more of a personality check. Offer by phone was made within 15 minutes of leaving the office.

Interview Questions
    • This was not a difficult interview, it was more of a formality.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Senior Software Developer, Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2014.

2 Rounds of Interviewing, moderate level Language (Java / JavaScript Questions) and design architecture, Problem solving.
    It was nice experience, Questions were well thought and reviewed by a team. Feedback was good, and follow up questions, from what I answered were a good way of drilling down.
    What was different in this interview is that along with Problem Solving, there was a stress on Language and Technologies I was conversant with.
    They were looking for a hands on Lead Developer, who start developing right away after joining.

Offer was good, no negotation

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

5 general questions like what do you know about us. 5 mins went through you resume, 10 mins OOP questions. 20min a simple coding question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

To remove duplicated from integer linked list using O(n).
    Find the difference between two points on plane.
    Design patterns.
    Write the algorithm for designing paint function.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected.
      They are among the best so they want among the best technical people.
        Answer Question

Technology Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

I gave my resume out at a career fair, never applied. They emailed me a few weeks later for a campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you have an array of numbers and a sum, how can you check if any two numbers in that array add up to that sum?   View Answers (2)

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

I had a set of 2 interviews as an intern, the interviewers were friendly and cooperative, they gave me an immediate feedback about my answers which has increased my confidence