Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

1,012 Interview Reviews

3.2

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2014.

Two phone interviews and then called for a 1:1 interview. Technical questions were asked in phone interviews. However in 1:1 interviews (by 4 different people in one day) most questions were behavioral like what will do you in such a situation.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the department for which you are being interviewed.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I submitted resume online, received phone call following afternoon and had phone interview with head office. Had 1 on 1 interview in local office, which was more of a chat as I had qualifications they were looking for, so it was more of a personality check. Offer by phone was made within 15 minutes of leaving the office.

Interview Questions
    • This was not a difficult interview, it was more of a formality.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

5 general questions like what do you know about us. 5 mins went through you resume, 10 mins OOP questions. 20min a simple coding question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2013.

I got through a college career fair. Had a first level technical interview, then HR invites for four levels of interview after around a week. The first of them was a group activity where you get comfortable with the people and counterparts. Then in the afternoon had three levels of interview, two were technical and one HR. It was great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of questions came from security domain, You are given two systems,one Windows and one linux. How do you secure each one of them?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

I gave my resume out at a career fair, never applied. They emailed me a few weeks later for a campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you have an array of numbers and a sum, how can you check if any two numbers in that array add up to that sum?   View Answers (2)

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2013.

I had two first round phone interviews, one second round phone interview, and then a superday consisting of three back to back interviews. The interviews are mostly behavioral with some technical questions. One of these three interviews consisted of a M&A case. During the case interview, you are grilled on the company, the financials, and the best option for the company to take.

Interview Questions
    • Should the company acquire another company with stock or cash?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

To remove duplicated from integer linked list using O(n).
    Find the difference between two points on plane.
    Design patterns.
    Write the algorithm for designing paint function.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected.
      They are among the best so they want among the best technical people.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

I had visited their office in Montreal, gave my CV to the HR and a few weeks later they contact me via email to schedule an interview in their office with an engineer. Very friendly. As a French-speaker, I ask them if they prefer anglophone, they told me No. But when I gave my CVs both in French and in English, they took the English one and said "It's better for us".

It's understandable, it's an American company and the superior are all anglophone. But I did not expect they respond me as they don't care much about language but finally they do...

There is 2-3 interviews: the first one is about technical skills, the second and the last are more about your personal skills.

Interview Questions
    • As a student in electrical engineering, I didn't expect they ask me very detail questions about programming, but they did. They want to know how you wil resolve problem. Will focus on the language you know and ask you to resolve specific problem in front of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Lots of interviews.
    2 Phone interview first then was asked to come in and complete a test. After test another interview with the team.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I started to work as a contractor for them , but the interviews were done by morgan stanley. I had about 6 interviews. It was a straight forward process and not complicated as long as you are well prepared.

Interview Questions
    • how do you write "2008" at the console using any language without any ?number in your code   View Answers (2)

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!