Morgan Stanley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Database Developer Interview

Database Developer
Montreal, QC

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2014.

Interview Details Two phone interviews and then called for a 1:1 interview. Technical questions were asked in phone interviews. However in 1:1 interviews (by 4 different people in one day) most questions were behavioral like what will do you in such a situation.

Interview Question – What do you know about the department for which you are being interviewed.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details I submitted resume online, received phone call following afternoon and had phone interview with head office. Had 1 on 1 interview in local office, which was more of a chat as I had qualifications they were looking for, so it was more of a personality check. Offer by phone was made within 15 minutes of leaving the office.

Interview Question – This was not a difficult interview, it was more of a formality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details 5 general questions like what do you know about us. 5 mins went through you resume, 10 mins OOP questions. 20min a simple coding question

Interview Question – The question is quite easy. Combining two strings   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2013.

Interview Details I got through a college career fair. Had a first level technical interview, then HR invites for four levels of interview after around a week. The first of them was a group activity where you get comfortable with the people and counterparts. Then in the afternoon had three levels of interview, two were technical and one HR. It was great experience.

Interview Question – Lot of questions came from security domain, You are given two systems,one Windows and one linux. How do you secure each one of them?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Intern Interview

Technology Analyst Intern
Calgary, AB

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details I gave my resume out at a career fair, never applied. They emailed me a few weeks later for a campus interview.

Interview Question – If you have an array of numbers and a sum, how can you check if any two numbers in that array add up to that sum?   View Answers (2)

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2013.

Interview Details I had two first round phone interviews, one second round phone interview, and then a superday consisting of three back to back interviews. The interviews are mostly behavioral with some technical questions. One of these three interviews consisted of a M&A case. During the case interview, you are grilled on the company, the financials, and the best option for the company to take.

Interview Question – Should the company acquire another company with stock or cash?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details To remove duplicated from integer linked list using O(n).
Find the difference between two points on plane.
Design patterns.
Write the algorithm for designing paint function.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected.
They are among the best so they want among the best technical people.
  Answer Question

Montreal, QC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Interview Details I had visited their office in Montreal, gave my CV to the HR and a few weeks later they contact me via email to schedule an interview in their office with an engineer. Very friendly. As a French-speaker, I ask them if they prefer anglophone, they told me No. But when I gave my CVs both in French and in English, they took the English one and said "It's better for us".

It's understandable, it's an American company and the superior are all anglophone. But I did not expect they respond me as they don't care much about language but finally they do...

There is 2-3 interviews: the first one is about technical skills, the second and the last are more about your personal skills.

Interview Question – As a student in electrical engineering, I didn't expect they ask me very detail questions about programming, but they did. They want to know how you wil resolve problem. Will focus on the language you know and ask you to resolve specific problem in front of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Developer

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details Lots of interviews.
2 Phone interview first then was asked to come in and complete a test. After test another interview with the team.

Interview Question – How many pizzas are created in New York city?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details I started to work as a contractor for them , but the interviews were done by morgan stanley. I had about 6 interviews. It was a straight forward process and not complicated as long as you are well prepared.

Interview Question – how do you write "2008" at the console using any language without any ?number in your code   View Answers (2)

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!