Monsanto Company Interview Questions

3.1

Green House Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

I applied online – interviewed at Monsanto Company in August 2012.

They started right a way with the interview questions without informal chatting. No much greetin or welcoming in the interview. It was more like an oral examination. Two people asked questions alternatively. There was no discussion but only answering the questions they asked and they took notes of what I was saying. However, since I was prepared well I face each and every question very well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when you were asked to do some thing in addition to what you were doing?   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

They had an initial screening round, with HR/co-ordinator. 2 rounds followed soon after - reporting manager and his peer. Was followed by 5 on-site interviews, at which point it got tiresome and repetitive. Offer was made 3 weeks following the last interview.

The company is an agri-business Co. Since i came from a different background, almost no questions were asked to check my knowledge. A few were asked to check my interest in the area. A lot of behavioural questions were asked. Would say 70% of all Qs started with either "give me an example where..." "have you been in a situation where..." "What would you do if...". limited difficulty level, but can get tiresome after a point, and I started to slack off a bit towards the end.

The process itself was smooth, and people were more or less approachable.

Interview Questions
    • What is brand You? (sounds little lame, but in context, it made sense). Wasnt most difficult, but it just sprang out on me.   Answer Question
    Negotiated for a slightly better offer.

IT Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Monsanto Company in October 2014.

I got a call after I submitted my resume in the University career fair.I signed up for the interview on campus. There were two panels consisting of two members who interviewed for one hour only on behavioral questions. The questions are basic and simple.

Interview Questions
    • explain a situation when you delivered a product to a customer and the customer didn't like it and what did you do to satisfy the customer?   View Answer

IT Co-Op Interview

It was a behavior interview and the procedure was not painful. They asks several general questions and there are no technical questions. I went to two rounds including the onsite ones and all of them are behavior questions. Just makes sure your resume is good.

Analytics Scientist Interview

Phone interview. Basically the Hiring Manger went through everything on the job description and asked for detailed examples. Also a mixture of behavior and technical interview questions. The Hiring Manager is overall nice and seems knowledgeable. But it didn't work out because my experience does not fit the position very well.

Biologist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Panel consists of the supervisors of the involved departments. They take turn asking you interview questions, mostly behavior questions related to your previous work experiences. Then you get a tour of the lab.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle these situations were the hardest for me.   Answer Question
    No negotiation since it was a contract job

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

A phone recruiter will call and prescreen you. If you pass that, you'll be scheduled for a 2-3 hour behavioral interview where they have several groups of people interview you on Monsanto's core compentencies.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a time in which my customers or co-workers lost trust in me and the actions I took to try to rebuild that trust.   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Monsanto Company.

Interview process was held at a hiring blitz, it was very neat to see the other candidates. Very nice, calm environment . You would bounce around from groups/panels of interviewers and asked the same questions over and over.

Seed Process Engineering Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Monsanto Company.

I talked to an engineering leader in my college's career fair and submitted my resume. A month later, I was notified that the engineering group is interviewing me. I was asked to visit their main campus in Saint Louis. I was interviewed by three people on site in Saint Louis along with other candidates. The interview was rather casual I feel. The interviewer are really friendly and approachable. The questions they asked are very typical behavioral questions and they requested me to go through my experience and resume.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Monsanto Company.

I got the information for classmates and directly emailed the recruiter asking for a phone interview opportunity. During the phone interview, just explained the job position to me and let me introduce myself and went through my resume and asked several personal information.