Monash University

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online - interviewed at Monash University in January 2014.

Interview Details Quite informal.

Interview Question – What would I list as my negative traits?   View Answer

Personal Assistant Interview

Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Monash University in April 2012.

Interview Details Selection criteria, phone interview, face to face interview, 2nd face to face interview, offer, contract, start

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over the other candidates   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked to start the next week, they asked for a week later.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Monash University in September 2011.

Interview Details A phone interview about the current project and what is expect out of his/her lab. The PI talks about their research and lab and potential projects. Ask for recommendation and a chance for the interview to give a presentation of his/her work.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years from now?   View Answer
  • What are your technical skills and what can you contribute to this lab?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really. Just ask what is expected, what are the salaries, what's covered, what's not, and so and so forth.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Lecturer Interview

Melbourne (Australia)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Monash University in January 2008.

Interview Details It was an informal discussion with the person who looked after all of the tutors at Monash. She was interested to learn why I wanted to be a tutor, what experience I had and those sorts of issues. Technical ability did not come into nor did understanding of economics. She was not even interested in one's ability to control a class room full of rowdy students.

Interview Question – Who was your favourite tutor and why?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Monash University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Monash University interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Monash University employees and interview candidates.