Microsoft

Updated 4 Dec, 2014

3.2

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

I applied to the position online and they requested a phone interview within a month. The interview was pretty straight forward and had no technical questions. It lasted for just half and hour and part of the time was spent talking about the position and the interviewer's experience with Microsoft. That left only about 15 minutes worth of behavioral questions and general running through my resume.

I heard back about 2 weeks after this phone interview and was not invited for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected. Just basic questions about my resume and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Technical Account Manager Interview

Telephone Interview and an Assessment Centre made up of 3 Interviews and a group exercise. You are also required to present on a relevant topic. Mine was Cloud focused.

Interview Questions
    • Having to be put in a real time client scenario and having to think on my feet.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

I was e-mailed about my on campus interview a few days after the career fair held in my college in which Microsoft had it's stall and a huge line of applicants.
    At the beginning of the interview, he let me know that we will go over my resume then he has a few "tactical" and behavioral questions for me.
    My interview was for the TAM/AC position, was a 30mins interview in which most of the time was spent on my resume. (Although I think you are not supposed to go into detail, stick to the STAR approach and highlight the results of your work experience rather than just blabbing about your work responsibilities).
    Then a couple of behavioral questions as to why I want to join Microsoft? etc...
    I guess I spent too much time talking about my internships trying to relate them to "customer facing" and how I tackled several problems, that he didn't have time for "tactical questions"..

Interview Questions
    • No technical or business case question. All behavioral!   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Ryde (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Ryde (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

1. Online Application
    2. Pre-recorded Video Interview; 2 traditional questions and 1 behavioural
    3.Group Assessment; one scenario about who to save on a sinking boat with passengers profile and one on Microsoft Office 360, both activity needs to be presented as a group
    4. 1-1 Interview; mostly behavioural questions like tell a time when a conflict occurred and how you deal with it etc

Interview Questions
    • Given a business case study on Office 360 and as a group had to do a presentation   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

Applied a couple of months and totally forgot I even applied. June 2014. Got an email mid August scheduling initial phone interview. No updates for a couple of weeks then an email for phone interview (30 - 45 minutes). Had the interview and thought it went well. Waited over a month no follow up. Sent follow up / Thank you email right after interview and not even a word. The phone interview itself showed I knew more in my 13 years than the TAM I interviewed with who only had about 3 yrs experience....it was a good knowledge exchange.

I do have to say I observed some arrogance on the part of the interviewer (after-all they're Microsoft). It may be a great company but honestly I'm not impressed.

Whole process took about 3 months. Thankfully they were just one of many options I had on the table. Had to pass on the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were straight forward. Just one about a system platform that I felt was interesting.   Answer Question

They came across as being arrogant and childish over the fact that they're "Microsoft".

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Microsoft in September 2014.

I had a initial face to face to face followed by 3 phone interviews. Very professional interviewers mostly behavioral questions. Few scenario questions were asked such as If you were in a elevator with a CFO of one of your companies and he asked you to explain the cloud. What would you say? Actually enjoyed my interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Situation when you had a boss who disagreed with a plan and wanted you to do it differently. How did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

CV were submited by a headhunter, got a call from HR, general qustion, scheduled an interview with a leading member of the group, the call was good, she described the postion and I talked about my experience. next I met with HR, basic HR interview, very nice person, calm environement.
    Third step was two interviews - one with the same person from the call and second was with the direct manager - group manager.
    The direct manager was the asking why I wanted the job and how I will deal with the gup in the techinal knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Why I think I will be good at this postion, what I think about the local customers   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Colonias, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Colonias, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft in June 2014.

Received initial email in response to my application from HR on 4/14/14. HR screening 4/15/14.
    Interviewed via phone with TAM team member 4/23/14.
    Interviewed via phone with senior TAM team member 5/16/14.
    Finals day interview (face-to-face) 6/6/14

Face-to-face interview - I had six 45 minute interviews and one presentation. The entire day of interview lasted from 9AM to 3PM. It was 3 of us onsite interviewing for the TAM role that day but we all interviewed and presented separately.

The HR recruiters really spend time preparing you for your interview. If you make ti to the finals day interview they will email you lots of information. Info such as: about the TAM role, key initiatives for this role, key stakeholders and other internal organizations this role will interact with, how to prep/what to do pre-interview, and what to expect for your finals Day interview. They may also email you a scenario base question for you to complete a writing sample and a PowerPoint to edit and take with you on the day of your interview to be present to the team. The presentation should be presented for no longer than 10 minutes(I recommend no more than 5 slides with main points).

Interview Questions
    • What if you have been trying to setup a meeting with a busy executive for a contract renewal, final got the meeting scheduled. This meet must happen because you don't know when you will be able to schedule this meeting again. 15 minutes prior to the meeting you got a call form one of your other clients - mission critical situation servers down - what would you do?   View Answers (2)

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Initial technical phone screen which I passed. The job was then filled internally. I had to call back two weeks later and then they offered a different location. I accepted and they flew me out for an in person interview process with ~5 member panel.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They pride themselves on the fact that there are a line of people behind you that will take the position. MS isn't about hiring the best any longer, they want clay that will drink their coolaid so they can form, mold, use and then discard.

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

2 phone interviews and one in person over a 6 month period, hiring process pretty long.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions on Microsoft's hardware and software.   Answer Question
    No negotiation