Microsoft Solution Manager Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Software Development Engineer (504)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (464)
- Program Manager (269)
- Intern (153)
- Software Developer (109)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (67)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II (52)
- Software Engineer (45)
- Program Manager Intern (45)
- Software Development Engineer II (44)
- Senior Program Manager (38)
- Project Manager (37)
- Technical Account Manager (35)
- Product Manager (30)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (27)
- Software Development Engineer I (24)
- Hardware Engineer (23)
- Technical Support Engineer (23)
- Associate Consultant (22)
- Marketing Manager (20)
- Engineering (20)
- Account Manager (19)
- Sales (18)
- Senior Product Manager (17)
- Program Manager II (17)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (16)
- Consultant (15)
- Product Advisor (15)
- Senior Consultant (14)
- Senior Marketing Manager (14)
Solution Manager Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2010.
Interview Details It was a long day. Be prepared. There is typically someone in the loop who's job it is to try trip you up.
Negotiation Details – Easy. They gave me an offer and there was not much room for negotiation.
Solution Manager Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2010.
Interview Details Recruiting is fantastic. They really engage. Interview is a full day / 6 hour loop. One hour interviews. Heavy behavioral interviewing focus. Offer comes in from HR, via a phone call.
Interview Question – The only difficult questions will be for people coming in from the outside. MSFT has its own culture and lingo. Answer Question
Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiation. I gave them my price and they met it.
Solution Manager Interview (Neutral Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in April 2009.
Interview Details 8 interviews, very complex, detailed and involving. "tell me about a situation where you....."
Interview Question – Lots of role playing and situational questions based upon your past experiences. Answer Question
Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate much. Start date only.
Interviews for Top Jobs at Microsoft