Microsoft

Updated 26 Feb, 2015
Updated 26 Feb, 2015

3.2

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

On Campus Interview, one on one with a senior developer. He told me a bit about him self let me ask questions about his work. Asked me about my experience at one of my jobs on my resume asked both technical questions like what I had done as well as soft questions about problems in the workplace. then asked one technical question.

Interview Questions
  • Write a program to count the number of instances of a string inside another string   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

gave my resume at my to an university career fair and they emailed me after a few weeks.
    in the email, they put an rsvp for an interview. the interviewer was nice.

Interview Questions
    • Asked some behavioural questions. Then, coding question.

given an array of integers return the missing number. the integers would be consecutive but at random.

for example: 1,4,3,6,5
      return 2

Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft.

It was a full-day process, I had one person responsible for me whom I'd meet in the morning, at lunch and for the final questions at the end of the day. The rest of the day was spent going from office to office, interviewing with (mostly) developers and project managers, spending an hour with each. The questions were predominantly technical, ranging from puzzlers to pieces of code the interviewer was currently working on.

Interview Questions
    • Domain-specific technical question (which I had no background in) - had to improvise on the spot, and took a number of wrong turns. It was difficult in that it knocked my confidence down for the next couple questions.   Answer Question
    I was able to push the salary a few % higher

Software Development Engineer Interview

I summited my resume when they came to my university. It takes only `1 week to get the interview. But I have not prepare for anything that time. The question was difficult than those online. I did not perform well. The interviewer seems not help with clarify the question. I need to find the specific functions. If the communication is well, that will be helpful.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in December 2014.

Was contacted by campus recruiter after handing in my resume during an info session. Had an on-campus interview and was asked 1 technical question involving linked list (very simple), and stuff on my resume. A month or so later, I was emailed regarding planning for my trip to Redmond for the final round of interviews. Great experience, had 4 interviews in Redmond. The interview problems were very basic, involving first year data structures and algorithms. Was contacted about offer about 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • Develop a function to draw a n-ary tree, with each set of subtrees being centered on its root, recursively.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Applied through Campus career fair, got email from HR to schedule on campus interview in a few weeks, first round interview on campus/I had a fair negative experience interviewing at Microsoft, the first time the interviewer didn't show up and missed all the candidate interviews in the morning ( There were about 8 of us) and the second time since I got another offer I emailed the HR asking if I could get my feedback from the interview and they simply informed me that there was no record of my interview feedback. This is pretty disappointing and I don't think it leaves me a very good impression about Microsoft.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer works in the big data team, when I described my past experiences he asked some big data related questions to my work   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

So far I have had 1 interview, still waiting on the outcome. If first interview goes well you go to the second round.

The interviewer was friendly and helped me in some places. A good tip is if they give you hints they probably want you to succeed. So don't let his/her helps go in vain.

Interview Questions
    • Find a number in a 2d array, if found give its coordinates.   View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Submitted my resume during a University Career Fair. Was interviewed two weeks later. The interview was relaxed though it felt like an add campaign for microsoft products. .Net, C#, Visual Studio. Been a Linux user this was a bit uncomfortable for me, but over all the interview was good, though I left not really sure if the interviewer had even looked at my resume, so didn't really understand what type of programming i did.

Interview Questions
    • Given the tuples (Ai, Bi) where Ai < Bi fill out a number line that represents Bi - Ai for all tuples.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

the process begins by submitting the CV at a career fair and then applying on their website as well after which you get to hear back from the recruiter and are asked to interview on campus, the interview is a 1-1 interview with several questions, mix of professional fit and technical questions

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

It's a 30 min on campus interview. First, the interviewer asked me to talk about myself and asked more details on my project. Then he asked me one string question, to inverse the words in a sentence without any build in method. Then, a question on calculating the recursion of characters in a string, which is also a typical string question. The entire process is very quick and did not offer you too much time to think. The daily practice is very important before interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Inverse the words in a sentence without any build in method.   Answer Question