Microsoft

Updated 15 Dec, 2014

3.2

607 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Applied through Campus career fair, got email from HR to schedule on campus interview in a few weeks, first round interview on campus/I had a fair negative experience interviewing at Microsoft, the first time the interviewer didn't show up and missed all the candidate interviews in the morning ( There were about 8 of us) and the second time since I got another offer I emailed the HR asking if I could get my feedback from the interview and they simply informed me that there was no record of my interview feedback. This is pretty disappointing and I don't think it leaves me a very good impression about Microsoft.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer works in the big data team, when I described my past experiences he asked some big data related questions to my work   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

So far I have had 1 interview, still waiting on the outcome. If first interview goes well you go to the second round.

The interviewer was friendly and helped me in some places. A good tip is if they give you hints they probably want you to succeed. So don't let his/her helps go in vain.

Interview Questions
    • Find a number in a 2d array, if found give its coordinates.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Submitted my resume during a University Career Fair. Was interviewed two weeks later. The interview was relaxed though it felt like an add campaign for microsoft products. .Net, C#, Visual Studio. Been a Linux user this was a bit uncomfortable for me, but over all the interview was good, though I left not really sure if the interviewer had even looked at my resume, so didn't really understand what type of programming i did.

Interview Questions
    • Given the tuples (Ai, Bi) where Ai < Bi fill out a number line that represents Bi - Ai for all tuples.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

the process begins by submitting the CV at a career fair and then applying on their website as well after which you get to hear back from the recruiter and are asked to interview on campus, the interview is a 1-1 interview with several questions, mix of professional fit and technical questions

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

It's a 30 min on campus interview. First, the interviewer asked me to talk about myself and asked more details on my project. Then he asked me one string question, to inverse the words in a sentence without any build in method. Then, a question on calculating the recursion of characters in a string, which is also a typical string question. The entire process is very quick and did not offer you too much time to think. The daily practice is very important before interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Inverse the words in a sentence without any build in method.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

I applied on-campus, and got an interview on-campus 2 weeks later. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer asked one simple technical question first and then asked some behavior questions. In the last, we had a discussion on an open question. I thought I did pretty well, but still got rejected after one month. I don't think they really want to hire people from my university this year.

Interview Questions
    • First question is a really simple one, about fizz-buzz.
      The last one is about design a scheduling function in operating system.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

I submitted resume at University Career Fair. and took the on-campus interview two weeks later. I received the reject letter nearly one month later.

Microsoft held a college student programming contest on Campus this year without any presentation on the information session.

Interview Questions
    • The tech question they asked is very easy(Fizz, Buzz and FizzBuzz game), with some behavior questions followed.

I think Microsoft has their results even before interview. Why they ask the same simple question(easier than any I have seen in glassdoor) for all the candidates, or they just did this to international students. or they never meant to recruit us.

Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

This interview was on a college campus. When the recruiter contacts you, you need to be as quick to reply as possible and also follow up if they dont email you back. Once you do actually get an interview scheduled be on your best game. You will have <25 minutes to tell them about yourself and to also exemplify your coding abilities.

Interview Questions
    • My question had to do with an n-ary tree. The question was quite complex, but it just matters how you do compared to others so don't worry if you didn't come up with a full solution.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

They asked to describe a technical tool I learned. They also asked to describe me some difficulties I faced in my career to handle any technical issue. They told me to write a code in paper, it was about returning the first index of sub string finding inside a string. I could solve that but never was called up. It was a one to one interview and the interviewer checked my code, I explained how I planned my code and he acknowledged that the code is ok.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I saw a recruiter on campus and gave my resume. I was contacted a few days later and had a 1-1 interview on campus. Never heard back from the recruiter, who frankly seemed quite bored during the interview. Only one technical question and some questions about past experience. The position was in Redmond.