Microsoft

Updated 4 Jun, 2014

3.2

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

I had one general phone interview about my projects, work experience and motivations. I waited around 2 months for the feedback. Then they informed me about the hiring event in Dublin and asked for some more detalis about my (ex whether I was planning to consider my masters degree). We exchanged some more emails and then they stopped responding.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Microsoft.

I gave my resume to college recruiter. Invited to attend a what to expect during the interview meeting. Then given an on campus interview the day after. The interviewer was a developer from Redmond. This was round one of process. I was told round two and three would be at Redmond.

Interview Questions
    • There were behavioral questions and some technical questions. The one technical question I remembered was N-queens problem.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Basically just received an email that told me to schedule an interview time. I did and signed up for a phone interview. A week later, I completed a phone interview. We talked about responsibilities of the position, and then went into the technical questions. I was asked a basic sorting question, then asked to describe my preferred search algorithm. All pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would install and configure a router for a home network?   Answer Question

I applied online and received interview after 2 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

A phone interview after 3 weeks of applying.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare data structures - array, list, linked list, binary tree, hash maps, etc   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

interviewed at Microsoft in April 2014.

The interview was on Skype, the recruiters and the interviewers were friendly. I'll have another interview next week. The interviewer asked me questions about the projects I have made before, my interests, etc. After that he asked me a technical question.

Interview Questions
    • You have 2 linked lists, return a list with the intersection.

For example:

Input:
      L1 = { 1,2,5,10}
      L2 = {9,4,5,10,15}

return {5,10}
        Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Had a 30 min phone interview mainly about my coursework and project. Its been almost 4 weeks now and I have not heard from them regarding my result. I have emailed the HR about 5-6 times and she has not even answered once. This puts a big doubt about Microsoft's hiring process. It appears that they do not value people's time. With the HR not replying, I do not know how to know my result. I have not had such an experience with any other company.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

Applied online on October. Got informed from HR on January. Then had a non technical HR phone screen. I did't get through this interview.
    There are two portions for this interview.
    First are some typical behavioral questions. Describe the hardest project, etc. And there are some weird questions like what's the most number of lines of code you've written in one project. What's a language that you are most familiar with.
    Then the brain teaser question. The nine ball question. It's everywhere online.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most number of lines of code you've written in one project?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Recruiter contacted me after I gave my resumé in a campus presentation. Then he scheduled an interview to the end of the month in a hotel in my town. The interview was short. Initially, we talked for about ten minutes about topics such as: why do I would like to work at Microsoft, previous experiences, which position I thought I'd fit better, etc. The interviewer was nice and made me very comfortable. Then he took me to a whiteboard and asked me to code an API to deal with two classes: Activity and Resource. An activity could use a lot of resources and then I had to save those objects and manipulate them with simple operations like insertion, deletion, etc. Nothing too hard but it required me knowledge on exceptions, threads, dangling references, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How to save resources' IDs used by an activity and access them in O(1), assuming there could be an infinite number of resources?   View Answer

Software Development Engineer (Intern) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft.

Saw an ad for it at college, applied, passed CV screening, then there was a phone interview (it was an opening in Redmond for Brazilian students). Interviewer asked a bit about college experiences, previous programming experiences/portfolio, and some technical questions. Didn't pass since the main question was a software testing one and I didn't know anything about that. There were internships in development and testing, but they clearly wanted people who would accept the testing jobs.