Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Microsoft
- Software Development Engineer (516)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (466)
- Program Manager (271)
- Intern (158)
- Software Developer (109)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (67)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II (53)
- Software Engineer (46)
- Program Manager Intern (45)
- Software Development Engineer II (44)
- Senior Program Manager (39)
- Project Manager (37)
- Technical Account Manager (35)
- Product Manager (30)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (28)
- Associate Consultant (24)
- Software Development Engineer I (24)
- Hardware Engineer (23)
- Technical Support Engineer (23)
- Marketing Manager (20)
- Engineering (20)
- Account Manager (19)
- Sales (18)
- Program Manager II (18)
- Product Advisor (17)
- Senior Product Manager (17)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (16)
- Premier Field Engineer (15)
- Senior Marketing Manager (14)
- Senior Consultant (14)
MSIT Software Developer Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.
applied online, waited for 2 months, no reply,
asked my friend to refer, got a oncampus interview for SDET but hadn't heard back for moew than 2 months,
submitted my resume on career fair, waited for another month and finally got the onsite
How many percentage energy we can receive from the sun? (Giving the distance from earth to the Sun and the radius of the earth) didn't got the answer, but the interviewer said it's ok since this is a weird one.
given an array, how to find the frequency of each char in the array without accessing it for the second time. The interviewer said hashtable doesn't work, but an extra array does ( actually, I thought both of them worked in the same way , but didn't indicate that to the interviewer)
print a tree(not a binary tree), and print it level by level (get a little bit stuck on the level by level thing), got the result in the very end.
The interviewer didn't want to me to code everything, but described the logic.
ER graph represented the relationship, entities of a social network website like fb. Draw tables and optimize. OOD concepts and related codes.
Giving a bunch of rangers (i.e 1~5, 2~8, 30~78, 40~60...), output (1~8,30~78). print a BT in zig-zag order
Chatted a lot! implement a stack with memory some constraints. Writing testing cases. I wrote some basic ones but obviously didn't satisfy the interviewer, struggled a lot to extend in terms of memory.
with testier manager, no technical questions at all.
Most of the interviewers are so nice and provided helpful guide on how to work things out. absolutely positive experience.