Microsoft

Updated 24 Nov, 2014
3,717 Interview Reviews

3.3

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Applied through Campus career fair, got email from HR to schedule on campus interview in a few weeks, first round interview on campus/I had a fair negative experience interviewing at Microsoft, the first time the interviewer didn't show up and missed all the candidate interviews in the morning ( There were about 8 of us) and the second time since I got another offer I emailed the HR asking if I could get my feedback from the interview and they simply informed me that there was no record of my interview feedback. This is pretty disappointing and I don't think it leaves me a very good impression about Microsoft.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer works in the big data team, when I described my past experiences he asked some big data related questions to my work   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

So far I have had 1 interview, still waiting on the outcome. If first interview goes well you go to the second round.

The interviewer was friendly and helped me in some places. A good tip is if they give you hints they probably want you to succeed. So don't let his/her helps go in vain.

Interview Questions
    • Find a number in a 2d array, if found give its coordinates.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in November 2014.

Applied during a university career fair. Asked two questions: why Microsoft, why PM, and briefly discussed about a project on my resume.

Round 1: had a 20 min interview on university campus. 10 minute resume overview, then 10 min technical (pseudo-programming) question.

Round 2: after a month of delays because my email had been incorrectly entered in their system, I was flown in to Redmond for the last stage (1h interviews)
    First interview was with a PM managing code shipment, during which we discussed my projects, and she asked me how I would improve an app (web/mobile) I liked.
    Second interview was with a tech PM who asked me what part of the tech stack I'd prefer to work on, and asked me to design an algorithm that optimizes CPU performance.
    Third interview was 1h30 (including lunch). After sharing personal life experiences over lunch we went over another project listed on my resume.
    Fourth: interviewed with a senior PM. She asked me several design related question. 1 how would you go about demolishing a building on Microsoft's campus, 2. what product would you invent, and how would you use it, 3. what would you improve in airports user experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you could invent anything, what would it be? (unexpected). How would you improve UX in airports? (I had very little time to come up with my answer)   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Submitted my resume during a University Career Fair. Was interviewed two weeks later. The interview was relaxed though it felt like an add campaign for microsoft products. .Net, C#, Visual Studio. Been a Linux user this was a bit uncomfortable for me, but over all the interview was good, though I left not really sure if the interviewer had even looked at my resume, so didn't really understand what type of programming i did.

Interview Questions
    • Given the tuples (Ai, Bi) where Ai < Bi fill out a number line that represents Bi - Ai for all tuples.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

the process begins by submitting the CV at a career fair and then applying on their website as well after which you get to hear back from the recruiter and are asked to interview on campus, the interview is a 1-1 interview with several questions, mix of professional fit and technical questions

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

It's a 30 min on campus interview. First, the interviewer asked me to talk about myself and asked more details on my project. Then he asked me one string question, to inverse the words in a sentence without any build in method. Then, a question on calculating the recursion of characters in a string, which is also a typical string question. The entire process is very quick and did not offer you too much time to think. The daily practice is very important before interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Inverse the words in a sentence without any build in method.   Answer Question

(Program Manager/Software Engineer) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

Since the unlimited access on this website is going to expired before the day I interview, I will just post some stuff I did to prepare the interview. I research Microsoft, and did some question based on Data structure. Also I went through my resume and get familiar with it to talk about my experience

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

I submitted my resume via an on-campus recruiting event for summer internships (and full time) and got an email to schedule a 30 minute interview within ~2 weeks. The next step is on-site interviews at Seattle.

Interview Questions
    • There was only one technical question: Insert a node, say x, into a sorted circular linked list given only any random node as a parameter.   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

I applied on-campus, and got an interview on-campus 2 weeks later. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer asked one simple technical question first and then asked some behavior questions. In the last, we had a discussion on an open question. I thought I did pretty well, but still got rejected after one month. I don't think they really want to hire people from my university this year.

Interview Questions
    • First question is a really simple one, about fizz-buzz.
      The last one is about design a scheduling function in operating system.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

I submitted resume at University Career Fair. and took the on-campus interview two weeks later. I received the reject letter nearly one month later.

Microsoft held a college student programming contest on Campus this year without any presentation on the information session.

Interview Questions
    • The tech question they asked is very easy(Fizz, Buzz and FizzBuzz game), with some behavior questions followed.

I think Microsoft has their results even before interview. Why they ask the same simple question(easier than any I have seen in glassdoor) for all the candidates, or they just did this to international students. or they never meant to recruit us.
        Answer Question