Microsoft

Updated 1 Mar, 2015
3,993 Interview Reviews

3.3

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

On Campus Interview, one on one with a senior developer. He told me a bit about him self let me ask questions about his work. Asked me about my experience at one of my jobs on my resume asked both technical questions like what I had done as well as soft questions about problems in the workplace. then asked one technical question.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to count the number of instances of a string inside another string   View Answer

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Applied through school's co-op program and received an interview within a couple of weeks. The interview was a one on one with the supervisor and the interview questions were very basic discussing about my interests and qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about my career path and some behavioral questions   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

gave my resume at my to an university career fair and they emailed me after a few weeks.
    in the email, they put an rsvp for an interview. the interviewer was nice.

Interview Questions
    • Asked some behavioural questions. Then, coding question.

given an array of integers return the missing number. the integers would be consecutive but at random.

for example: 1,4,3,6,5
      return 2

Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Applied at campus career fair. 2 weeks later did campus-interview. Pretty straight forward behavioural questions and one technical. Be sure to study programming and study design (engineering design process a plus). Offered final round but it's been pushed back for months.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2015.

After they receive my application, they sent us request for a phone interview. The interview was very short and it took only about 15 minutes. She introduced the position first, and then asked me to describe one of the challenge I met in my previous projects. She also asked some related questions when I described, such as, what did you want to know from the user test? The whole process was fairly easy and relaxing. I got the face-to-face interview one week after the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe the challenge you met in your previous project   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2015.

First I was asked about my past projects and the associated experiences. They specifically wanted to know how I overcame a situation in which I got behind on my project. They also asked about what I would have done differently had I known what I know now. Then they asked a simple programming question.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of n consecutive numbers from m, not necessarily in order, there is one number that is omitted. Write the code that would return that missing number.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft.

It was a full-day process, I had one person responsible for me whom I'd meet in the morning, at lunch and for the final questions at the end of the day. The rest of the day was spent going from office to office, interviewing with (mostly) developers and project managers, spending an hour with each. The questions were predominantly technical, ranging from puzzlers to pieces of code the interviewer was currently working on.

Interview Questions
    • Domain-specific technical question (which I had no background in) - had to improvise on the spot, and took a number of wrong turns. It was difficult in that it knocked my confidence down for the next couple questions.   Answer Question
    I was able to push the salary a few % higher

Sales Associate Interview

Phone interview and then face to face interview. First I received an email from the national recruiter. She asked me behavioral questions and gave me a few tips. She was very nice. Three days later I had a face to face interview. They asked me a lot of questions about my work history and experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2015.

I submitted my resume with a recruiter at an on-campus hiring event and was contacted with an invitation to on-campus interviews about a month and a half later. The on campus interview was fairly tough and very technical with a very intimidating guy who didn't seem very interested in the work I had done, but turned out to be very pleasant to interview with.

Didn't hear back for another month until I was contacted with details for a final round interview in Vancouver in January. This was probably the toughest interview I've experienced so far, I was asked questions about data structures and algorithms individually by 3 different engineers for 45 minutes each. The questions were tough and I had a difficult time reading my interviewers, but overall it was definitely a very rewarding experience.

Interview Questions
    • Print out the values of a balanced binary tree starting from the lower right and moving horizontally then upwards.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I summited my resume when they came to my university. It takes only `1 week to get the interview. But I have not prepare for anything that time. The question was difficult than those online. I did not perform well. The interviewer seems not help with clarify the question. I need to find the specific functions. If the communication is well, that will be helpful.